Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-12-2009, 08:18 AM   #1
carguy
Carguy

Drives: 57Chevy,67,80,2@10's camaro's,04SSR
8 Month anniversery tomorrow ( No Car)

For Those Who ordered 10/13/08 and haven't recieved a vehicle yet......

Well Guys and Gals Tomorrow will be our 8 month Anniversery With out a Friggin Car....

First in line at the dealer... Ordered First Day 10/13/08 and what good did it do me... NADA.

This is getting utterly rediculous....They better send another Lythograph or something.

The only thing I have ever waited for this long was my Kids and it won't be long before I pass that milestone at this rate !

I have tried to be patient...but there are limits. C'mon GM build them in the right order!

2010 SS/RS LS3, 21" Rims, SLP lowering Kit & sway bars, TVS2300, Hennesy CAI, Kooks LT Headrers & Cats, Corsa Exhaust, RIP Shift ST shifter, SLP Hood & Spoiler, Slp Black out package - Grill SS & Rear SS Emblems, ADM Dual Fuel Pump , 3.6 upper Pulley, 10% overdriven Innovators West Crank Pulley& Pin Kit.

.................................................. ..............................
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:38 AM   #2
Guthdawg

Drives: 2017 SS Camaro
Agreed. Very well stated...
Guthdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:41 AM   #3
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
I ordered 10/13/08

the car is at the dealership getting the GFX put on today....

I went by and saw the car this morning....

..... believe me..... it is worth the wait !!!! (at a loss for words)
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:49 AM   #4
exc6

Drives: c6 69mgb
ordered jan 26 1100 dealer says come get your deposit back lost allocations due to GM bankrupt
exc6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:50 AM   #5
prfireman

Drives: 1969 Pontiac Firebird
I am part of that group
Just came up to 3400 club
prfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:04 AM   #6
JDBeck23

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy View Post
For Those Who ordered 10/13/08 and haven't recieved a vehicle yet......

Well Guys and Gals Tomorrow will be our 8 month Anniversery With out a Friggin Car....

First in line at the dealer... Ordered First Day 10/13/08 and what good did it do me... NADA.

This is getting utterly rediculous....They better send another Lythograph or something.

The only thing I have ever waited for this long was my Kids and it won't be long before I pass that milestone at this rate !

I have tried to be patient...but there are limits. C'mon GM build them in the right order!
While I can only imagine your pain and struggles, GM is not to blame for the delay on your car.

I say this because I noticed on your timeline that you ordered in October but didnt go to 2000 until May. That means that the dealer didnt have any allocations to order your car until May. That may be because they were filling their allocations with Dealer orders, or family members of management/owners. Who knows. But your dealer is the reason you havent received you car, blame them.

As you can see from my timeline in my signature, I ordered on the 12th of May and went straight to 3000 the following week because my dealer had allocations. The first couple weeks that GM was accepting orders for production, your car should have been sent by your dealer and you should have gone to 2000 then 3000 sometime in late Feb or early March at the latest. You should ask your dealer who's received their cars before you since you were the first to order.

2010 2SS/RS CGM
American Racing Headers, Magnaflow axle back, Roto-Fab CAI, Audio Integrations Sub box, Alpine Type R 10, Alpine MRP-500 amp, Pro Clips iPhone Mount
JDBeck23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:05 AM   #7
JDBeck23

Quote:
Originally Posted by exc6 View Post
ordered jan 26 1100 dealer says come get your deposit back lost allocations due to GM bankrupt
Sounds like BS, find a bigger dealer with allocations!

2010 2SS/RS CGM
American Racing Headers, Magnaflow axle back, Roto-Fab CAI, Audio Integrations Sub box, Alpine Type R 10, Alpine MRP-500 amp, Pro Clips iPhone Mount
Old 06-12-2009, 10:20 AM   #8
carguy
Carguy

Drives: 57Chevy,67,80,2@10's camaro's,04SSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBeck23 View Post
While I can only imagine your pain and struggles, GM is not to blame for the delay on your car.

I say this because I noticed on your timeline that you ordered in October but didnt go to 2000 until May. That means that the dealer didnt have any allocations to order your car until May. That may be because they were filling their allocations with Dealer orders, or family members of management/owners. Who knows. But your dealer is the reason you havent received you car, blame them.

As you can see from my timeline in my signature, I ordered on the 12th of May and went straight to 3000 the following week because my dealer had allocations. The first couple weeks that GM was accepting orders for production, your car should have been sent by your dealer and you should have gone to 2000 then 3000 sometime in late Feb or early March at the latest. You should ask your dealer who's received their cars before you since you were the first to order.
I have a very reputable dealer. He had 6 allocations befor jULY.

I WAS NUMBER ONE. BEST FRIENDS WITH SALES MANAGER. tIMELINE WAS SKEWED BECAUSE CYBER GRAY WAS ON CONSTRAINT AND WAS NOT AVAILABLE TO ORDER EXCEPT FOR 190 CARS...AND I DIDN'T MAKE THAT CUT.

oops cap lock sorry.

Anyway, second car ended up bumping me because I was to hard headed to change colors.

Being first will only last a little while...Having the color I want will give me more long term satisfaction...I Guess. At least that is my story and I am sticking to it.

Good News is ,it only Took 6 Days to get the last car after it went 3800 so....I wait.

By The way The dealer is the largest GMC dealer in the chicago zone.( I know Camaro is not a GMC but these guys know their buisness) No BS here. Fantastic Dealer ! Great history with them.

Look at my cars...I bought everyone new from the dealer except the 57 chevy, 67 camaro. I was too young to drive!

I have ordered multiple SUV's from them as well, all at Dealer invoice.

They are as pissed as me. GM lost their Spec unit...Finnaly got them one from a closed dealer. GM never even found where their original spec unit went. ( or at least wouldn't tell them)

That is not a dealer issue! I will defend this dealer to the grave.
He got me with in the first 500 SSR's when they came out in 04.

2010 SS/RS LS3, 21" Rims, SLP lowering Kit & sway bars, TVS2300, Hennesy CAI, Kooks LT Headrers & Cats, Corsa Exhaust, RIP Shift ST shifter, SLP Hood & Spoiler, Slp Black out package - Grill SS & Rear SS Emblems, ADM Dual Fuel Pump , 3.6 upper Pulley, 10% overdriven Innovators West Crank Pulley& Pin Kit.

.................................................. ..............................
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:21 AM   #9
GoldFire
Newborn Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Same here, I was the first at my dealer to order, first in line on 10/13/08, and still nothing. I have hope that it will arrive next week, but I am not holding my breathe. I know it is selfish, but every time I see someone posting saying they got their car after ordering in April or even later I get really pissed off. There is no reason someone that ordered 8 months ago should get their car after someone who ordered a month or two ago and didn't even pre-order.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:25 AM   #10
BamaCommando
Roll Tide Roll!

Drives: 2010 2SS Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell040 View Post
I ordered 10/13/08

the car is at the dealership getting the GFX put on today....

I went by and saw the car this morning....

..... believe me..... it is worth the wait !!!! (at a loss for words)
Congrats! But more in the T-Town area will just make the waiting worse!!!!

Order number NGCC3D
1100 (Preliminary order accepted): 12/19/08
3000 (Order accepted by production control): 6/30/09
3100 (Order available to sequence):?
3300 (Order scheduled for production):?
3400 (Order broadcast):7/20/09
3800 (Order produced):7/28/09
4200 (shipped):7/30/09
HOME 8/12/09
The slowest 7 months and 3 weeks in history.
BamaCommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:29 AM   #11
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
Well if you believe you have been waiting eight months but whatever you have only been waiting 88 days since production started, by my estimate that is almost three months. But whatever I do feel your pain. But even when my car was produced and sitting in QC I never considered myself waiting since the day I put a deposit down. You can't count days on something that didn't actually exist the day you placed an order.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:34 AM   #12
GoldFire
Newborn Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssump29 View Post
Well if you believe you have been waiting eight months but whatever you have only been waiting 88 days since production started, by my estimate that is almost three months. But whatever I do feel your pain. But even when my car was produced and sitting in QC I never considered myself waiting since the day I put a deposit down. You can't count days on something that didn't actually exist the day you placed an order.
So profound, I never knew days could go by without existing
Old 06-12-2009, 10:40 AM   #13
silverstreak20

Drives: 2SS/RS-03 SS truck-70 Elky-14 Vette
Worth waiting for--

We just got the call from our dealer. The car has been invoiced. Been waiting since 10/14. Everything progressed rapidly since 5/2. By 6/2 it was recorded as being at event code 3400 when we were at the dealer yesterday. We had just returned from doing 4 states of the Hot Rod Power Tour. There were several new Camaros there. They are fast on the road coarse. One V6 ran an extremely fast 27.77. At the drag strip in WI the V-8's were in the 12 second range. Many stories from owners having to wait after production to get the car. Our dealer got his car two days ago. You will be very happy when you get yours!
silverstreak20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:46 AM   #14
JDBeck23

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy View Post
I have a very reputable dealer. He had 6 allocations befor jULY.

I WAS NUMBER ONE. BEST FRIENDS WITH SALES MANAGER. tIMELINE WAS SKEWED BECAUSE CYBER GRAY WAS ON CONSTRAINT AND WAS NOT AVAILABLE TO ORDER EXCEPT FOR 190 CARS...AND I DIDN'T MAKE THAT CUT.

oops cap lock sorry.

Anyway, second car ended up bumping me because I was to hard headed to change colors.

Being first will only last a little while...Having the color I want will give me more long term satisfaction...I Guess. At least that is my story and I am sticking to it.

Good News is ,it only Took 6 Days to get the last car after it went 3800 so....I wait.

By The way The dealer is the largest GMC dealer in the chicago zone.( I know Camaro is not a GMC but these guys know their buisness) No BS here. Fantastic Dealer ! Great history with them.

Look at my cars...I bought everyone new from the dealer except the 57 chevy, 67 camaro. I was too young to drive!

I have ordered multiple SUV's from them as well, all at Dealer invoice.

They are as pissed as me. GM lost their Spec unit...Finnaly got them one from a closed dealer. GM never even found where their original spec unit went. ( or at least wouldn't tell them)

That is not a dealer issue! I will defend this dealer to the grave.
He got me with in the first 500 SSR's when they came out in 04.
Good call, I had forgotten about the CGM constraint.

2010 2SS/RS CGM