Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-13-2009, 02:10 PM   #1
Mayhem

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 Camaro (Black)
In the trunk?

When you order the RS package and the Ground effects and all the extra goodies....

Do you get to keep the original pieces replaced by the ground effects, and the original tires/wheels etc... ? Like should I be expecting to find all this stuff in the trunk incase I ever want to switch back or what? And what all will be included?

Have those of you who have already recieved been getting this stuff? Just want to know what to expect on delivery.
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:22 PM   #2
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
If you get the 21s then you get the 20s the ground fx I have no idea...
cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:35 PM   #3
NUCAR

Drives: 68 big block
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
When you order the RS package and the Ground effects and all the extra goodies....

Do you get to keep the original pieces replaced by the ground effects, and the original tires/wheels etc... ? Like should I be expecting to find all this stuff in the trunk incase I ever want to switch back or what? And what all will be included?

Have those of you who have already recieved been getting this stuff? Just want to know what to expect on delivery.
If you find all that in the trunk, you got the wrong car Seriously, you should get it all back, but bring the pickup.
NUCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:36 PM   #4
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Only if you hard ordered the parts but not factory install I think. If you buy the parts from GMPP then you just have your shop keep the old stuff for you. Correct me if wrong that's assumption.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:16 PM   #5
mutant chicken
Mutant Member

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '10 Mini , 07 Harley
I'm pretty sure any factory installed options just replace whatever was there...RS package replaces the headlights, roofditch moulding etc, you wouldn't expect to find that stuff in the trunk would you ? We are getting the polished 20" wheels, I know that they just replace the "black" wheels that come on the RS package, they are not going to put the other set of wheels in the trunk...

mutant chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:18 AM   #6
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Trunk Monkey
Old 06-14-2009, 05:53 AM   #7
Gameover

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS ABM Camaro
Quote:

As far as the gfx, I believe the pieces are mount over the original body parts and nothing is removed. The RS package, your paying to swap the parts out and not getting the parts that are standard. It least thats what I'm expecting!
Old 06-14-2009, 06:02 AM   #8
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
Trunk Monkey
FTW!
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:47 AM   #9
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
If you ordered from the factory, I'm not sure you can get it back. The factory doesn't throw in extra base headlamps in if you ordered the optional ones for example. You are paying for the updgrade, not base AND optional content.

If you order later from your dealer, you would be able to the original parts back.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:55 AM   #10
Blue Joe

Drives: 2010 IBM/1SS
Only dealer installed options,will you get the others back ,but you better ask first,that stuff likes to come up missing.
Blue Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:51 AM   #11
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Joe View Post
Only dealer installed options,will you get the others back ,but you better ask first,that stuff likes to come up missing.
Make sure you get it in writing. You don't want someone "not understanding" what you meant when you say point blank "I want to have all the original parts back and in good condition. Please put it in my trunk". At least if it does "come up missing" like Blue Joe says, its not a pissing contest of who said what to who.

I swear it never ceases to amaze me how things at dealerships more than any other place on earth always seem to get "misunderstood" for some reason....

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:29 AM   #12
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue Metallic KLR-ZL1
Quote:

My dealer told me when I ordered the RS pack and then the pollished 20s that the pollished 20s were dealer installed and I would get the RS 20s. Also from what I understand the side skirts on the GFX replace the original ones. I don't know if my dealer was smooking that funny stuff. will have to see.I will get in writing before car is delivered.
KLR ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:18 AM   #13
DustinK

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I can tell you that he's wrong on the polished 20s for sure. The only time you're going to get extra wheels is if you upgrade to the 21s
DustinK is offline   Reply With Quote