Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-09-2009, 09:46 PM   #1
lordfriday2
Proud Owner!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to lordfriday2
Got a call from dealer, had to switch colors!!!

I got a call from my dealer today, Findlay Chevy here in vegas, and he told me that GM was not going to be releasing CGM in the first production run of camaros and he needed to get the finished order to them today and in order for me to get my camaro by May then i'd have to change the color... If I didn't change the color then he could not say when the color would be available nor when I would get my car...

I changed it to Black

Did anyone else have to do this today????
lordfriday2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:52 PM   #2
Never2LowChevy
Banned

Drives: bagged 4 door dually on 22s
uh oh.... here we go!!!
Never2LowChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:58 PM   #3
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
How many allocated camaro's did Findlay get from GM?
Old 02-09-2009, 10:04 PM   #4
dreamcamaro09

Drives: 2009 Challenger R/T
No but i was expecting that call today. My dealer told me about constraints and how certain colors might not be available for this first batch. My dealer didnt find out his constraints today though. Im still waiting to hear from him on if i have to change color. Did your dealer tell you what colors they are making?
dreamcamaro09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:06 PM   #5
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
interesting....
Old 02-09-2009, 10:06 PM   #6
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
im sorry but other than White, i dont believe it when a dealer says anything about colors like that, the chassis are painted as they come down the line, what ever color the car is, it gets sprayed. its not like they run blue for a week then red for a week etc etc.

i call shenanigans
Old 02-09-2009, 10:09 PM   #7
ArcAngel

i dont think your right headpunter...there was already some discussion that CGM might be late because of the inability to finish the current impala grey
Old 02-09-2009, 10:14 PM   #8
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Last week I got a call from my sales rep and he said that GM is now offering the blue's for the SS models cause GM didn't offer it before hand. But they actually did offer the colors from November I think? I saw it in another post on here. Hmmmmmm?
Old 02-09-2009, 10:17 PM   #9
dreamcamaro09

Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
im sorry but other than White, i dont believe it when a dealer says anything about colors like that, the chassis are painted as they come down the line, what ever color the car is, it gets sprayed. its not like they run blue for a week then red for a week etc etc.

i call shenanigans
They dont spray them anymore. they dip them. the way they do it now is they run them down the line and dip them into a tank and thats where the color constraints come in. they dont want to change their paint tank every car so they just run a whole bunch through one color.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:19 PM   #10
ArcAngel

yea I have a feeling there are gonna be a few other things that wont be available at launch...and a lot of pissed off customers
Old 02-09-2009, 10:24 PM   #11
dreamcamaro09

Thats why i am trying to be very open minded about what i get. to me a camaro is a camaro and i love them either way.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:28 PM   #12
sewwhut

Drives: 09busa,67sub,96tahoe,baja5t
i ordered a 2ss rs CGM fri feb 5th @ 8:07 am and today i goes in to see if i could change to no sun roof, dealer said it wasn't a prob cause they can't put the in until thursday feb. 12th?
sewwhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:29 PM   #13
ArcAngel

Honestly thats why if I don't get to order it within the next few weeks I will just wait
Old 02-09-2009, 10:34 PM   #14
lordfriday2
Proud Owner!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to lordfriday2
OK, my dealer got 15 allocations and George was not BSing me when he told me that CGM was not going to be available..

Color change to black wasn't a bad choice I don't think... I Had to make the decision that minute, he told me that I was number 2 on his allocation list. The first person on their list is an employee there. and he wanted to give me the option to change colors if I wanted to.

He told me that the phone call he had with GM told him that CGM or summit white are not available at first production run cycle.. meaning the first 4 weeks of them making the vehicles, he did however not get information as to how many cycles would need to happen before Summit White or CGM were available...
lordfriday2 is offline   Reply With Quote