Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-06-2009, 05:51 PM   #1
jr_hoyt
J-Rock

Drives: 2001 Yellow Ford Focus
Cool Let me tell you about a dream--a boy's dream...

So, as of 4:30 June 3, 2009, I ordered my new baby (order number NKMNP5). She is a 2LT/RS, sunroof, black leather interior, automatic transmission, and Rally Yellow w/ Black rally stripes.
I ordered her in Richmond, VA, even though I live in OK. I thought it would be fun to fly up to Richmond, get picked up by my brother/sister-in-law in their new Camaro, they'll drive me to the dealer, we'll pick up my new baby, then have a nice weekend... THEN, I'll get to break her in on a very relaxing, totally enjoyable, 24-hour drive back to Oklahoma! It's gonna be A-MA-ZING!!!

June 6, 2009:
So, today my brother, sister-in-law, and I went up to a dealership to test drive a 2LT, Rally Yellow. I rode with my sister-in-law while she went on her drive. I must say, this is probably the MOST COMFORTABLE passenger seat I have EVER rode in. Then, the salesman and I went for a drive around the block, down the interstate, and back to the dealership. I've never driven a car like this before. Words can't explain the feeling I had when I turned her over...

First impressions:
I am 6'4", so I'm used to having to squeeze into cars. I thought that surely this car would be the same. As I slid in, it was a little awkward, but that's partly due to the fact that I didn't want to hurt her, lol! I dropped the seat as low as it would go and had PLENTY of head room (this is a big deal for me!). I slid the seat all the way back, adjusted the mirrors and fired her up. She purred like a kitten! No, there was no grumble that I'm sure the v8 will offer, but it was more than enough for me! As soon as I shifted into drive and came off the ramp it was like I was gliding on air. I had assumed that a car this low to the ground would not have the smoothest, or quietest of rides, but I was amazed. I must say, the indexing window feature REALLY cuts off some wind noise! We pulled up to the stop light and people were pointing gawking, it felt GREAT! When the light turned, I got to goose it a little on the way up the on-ramp. These babies can take off!!!

*edit* I forgot to mention that I actually had to scoot the seat forward while driving. My knees didn't hit the steering wheel either (I know that's a big deal to some people).

All in all, I would say that GM has really done something for themselves by making this vehicle. My test driving experience was much more than impressive! I haven't found anything that I don't like yet, but I'll keep my eyes open. Not in a tacky way, but I think that all of the information that we can provide to others who are still trying to decide, or even those that never had the joy of test driving will be a great help! I can't wait for my baby to get home, it's almost unbearable. I'll keep this thread updated as I continue on my journey!

I've got an album posted in my profile that has pictures from today, but I'll try to copy some of them over and post them in this thread.

Last edited by jr_hoyt; 06-06-2009 at 06:35 PM.
jr_hoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 01:02 PM   #2
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
awesome!!
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:22 PM   #3
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
I'm going to subscribe to every single one of your threads. I can't wait when you post one called "Every Boy's Nightmare" when you still don't have your car in eight months like most of us.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:24 PM   #4
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
I'm going to subscribe to every single one of your threads. I can't wait when you post one called "Every Boy's Nightmare" when you still don't have your car in eight months like most of us.
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:33 PM   #5
Domn8trx

Drives: 2 speeds wide open or stopped
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post

Domn8trx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:38 PM   #6
jr_hoyt
J-Rock

Ouch... just trying to be helpful...

Old 06-07-2009, 09:55 PM   #7
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
No really, it was a touching story, I'm just saying. I hope your dream doesn't turn into a nightmare. No disrespect. And I appreciate your write up. I read it didn't I?
Old 06-08-2009, 01:08 AM   #8
jr_hoyt
J-Rock

Yeah, I feel bad for all of those that ordered 10/13 and still haven't heard anything... I do agree that it is wrong for GM to not be manufacturing them in order, but I'm sure there is a reason. Maybe it has something to do with setting up the machinery, not really sure. I will say that it was shitty of them to produce cars for Avis and whoever else before they had their orders filled... I know that I'm automatically biased as the consumer, but that's just wrong. They should be kissing our butts and making sure WE are satisfied...
I do hope that this doesn't turn into a nightmare, but it wouldn't be the first time I've had to turn a frown upside down, lol. One thing I know is that I will NOT back out of my order, I'll take a drill to my temple before that happens, haha! We all know what they say, "All good things to those who wait..." HOWEVER, this statement is not always true... I've never once had a good outcome if I had to go to the bathroom and decided to wait, hahahaha!

Tags
comfort, features, test drive