Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-21-2011, 01:28 PM   #29
Camarowguy

Drives: 2011 imperial blue SS, black 92 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
well , evidently you are not a experienced driver, that is 30,000 miles per year per truck...how long do you expect brake pads to last?? 30k on a set of pads is excellent for a 6500lb work trucks ...pads take less than 30 minutes to swap out...for free... the pads are not defective, they are just worn out, but aotozone guarantees them for life...i also have free tires for life from toyota on my tundra work trucks, hassle taking it to toyota for oil changes, but so far i have put on 4 sets of 18,s in 3 years on my main truck and going in this weekend for its 5th set, saving over 4500.00 on buying tires...installing sidemarkers is less than 10 minutes with my dropped razzi kit camaro...someone did not keep there markers for backup was really the stupid thing...so really , this post is about complaining that being inconvenienced for a couple days, waiting for new sidemarker to be replaced for free...correct...stop crying guys,,ANY aftermarket mod with a warranty is gonna take a return part and ship new wait period...
Well you sir are owed a highfive! You have made some very good decisions in life concerning your autozone purchases. I'm pleased that your happy and since you told all of us your life story, we can sleep tonight. Anyway, I'm so glad to see that autozone has a loyal customer. I was kind of worried there for a bit because I wouldnt have a place to buy the nos energy drinks close to my house anymore if they went out of business.
2004 5.7 GTO 78mm turbo
Camarowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 02:41 PM   #30
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Stacy sorry to hear about this. AAC will fix you up NP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarowguy View Post
Funny, I've heard more bad things than good about aac. And their prices are high as giraffe booty.
Interesting, we obviously know where you like to hang out.

I have seen more good post's than bad. Also it is human nature to post negative opinion over positive, Unfortunately. They have tons of positive reviews, and a few bad reviews with the same people being the ones to shout foul... They have all kinds of service awards, and the BBB gives them an A... what more do you want? An endorsement from God so they are perfect? Sorry not going to happen, not all businesses are perfect. It's how they handle situations when they arise that makes them as good as they are. They have a warranty and rules to that warranty like any other manuf. If you can't live with the rules of hte warranty don't buy their products.

IMO, just saying.
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:22 AM   #31
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarowguy View Post
Funny, I've heard more bad things than good about aac. And their prices are high as giraffe booty.
Bingo. Their prices have to be high because they have to replace so many defective parts under warranty.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:32 AM   #32
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
Sidemarker Lamp

So after I dropped my camaro off at the graphic shop to get my hockey stripes installed I dropped my camaro off at my dealer on Friday morning. I wasn't supposed to come till 1pm but they worked on my car at 10:30am since I was going out of the town for a Brewer Game Friday night. I had to pay them some money since it's aftermarket. One of the great gm techs that works on my car cleared out the moisture and reasealed the light. My car sat in a rain storm yesterday at work and so far * she is good* After I wash it I will see how she holds up. I couldn't of went to K-Mart or Auto Zone to get some stuff but what's the chance it wouldn't of worked???
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:55 PM   #33
svtjackal

Drives: 2010 SIM camaro-2001 svt Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
I got my sidemarkers from Showstoppers but from what I've seen, they may be getting them from AAC, I don't know, they look the same with the advertising. I also got the LED tail lights from Technostalgia and in both situations, I kept my original lights for an emergency. Hope it never comes down to it but I had to rule on the side of caution.
Showstopper's and AAC's aren't the same if you look closely showstopper's have the LED's at the top and follow the body line nicely while the AAC's have the LED's in the middle of the side marker

Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin Camaro Owners check out www.chicago5thgen.com
svtjackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:01 PM   #34
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtjackal View Post
Showstopper's and AAC's aren't the same if you look closely showstopper's have the LED's at the top and follow the body line nicely while the AAC's have the LED's in the middle of the side marker

I'm sure you're correct on this. I just thought I saw a pic of Showstoppers and it appeared to be the same pic for both companies. I know I've had my sidemarkers for a little while now and I drove through a driving rain storm and no ill affect so I'm confident that Showstoppers is doing it right! I know a local guy here who got them from the company down in the Bayou and he has had LED's go out and was upset about it but planned to redo it himself.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:54 AM   #35
GUNIT
RKFDGEO- chicago5thgen

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM Auto
Send a message via AIM to GUNIT Send a message via Yahoo to GUNIT Send a message via Skype™ to GUNIT
I'm a Showstopper Customer all the way. However I did get my Side Markers from AAC before Showstoppers started making his.

I have had no problems with mine and I've been through a ton of rain and snow. Not to mention the many car washes. I'd have to say I have beat the heck out of these things and all is fine. Just thought I'd share.

The side markers are my favorite mod I have done. Oh, besides my Showstoppers Side Mirrors, Ha.
Attached Images

Old 05-24-2011, 12:58 AM   #36
bowtie628
Auto body and paint guy

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
i bought the clear smoked sidemarkers off ebay for $38 and put a white $5 led bulb in it.. looks great.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:52 PM   #37
CyberDan

Drives: 1SS Camaro
This is my second set of side markers from aac... They were supposed to resolve the issue of moisture seeping behind the lenses, but after a month and a half, my front passenger marker has burnt out LEDs. If there's anybody still on the fence between aac and showstoppers concept side markers, the choice should be easy. Choose showstoppers, and avoid the freaking headache.
CAI Cold Air Intake, VMax CNC TB, Borla Sport Catback Exhaust, EE Oil Catch Can, Eibach Sway Bars and Drop Springs, AAC concept side markers, stealth signal bulbs, Heritage grille, Sparks Restorations front and rear modern SS emblems
CyberDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 12:21 PM   #38
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
????

So I just got my camaro back home last Saturday after it sat broken for two weeks because of a faulty heater core. Now my left front led sidemarker has moisture in it. It only rained once this week and I haven't washed my car in over a weeek. So here I go again with the sidemarker issue.
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:52 PM   #39
amanc96

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS
if they offer a refund you can go with showstoppers. I haven't heard of any complaints with them.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160467
amanc96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:29 PM   #40
GB EB

Drives: 2014 Stingray 2LT/Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanc96 View Post
if they offer a refund you can go with showstoppers. I haven't heard of any complaints with them.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160467
Anyone know if there are at least a few "negative" threads about showstopper products?

*TROPHY RECIPIENT - GREATEST SHOW ON TURF 9/11/11*
*1ST PLACE MODERN MUSCLE - CORONADO SPEED FESTIVAL 9/23/11*
*AWARD OF EXCELLENCE - GOOD GUYS DEL MAR FALL NATIONALS 11/27/11*
*1ST PLACE / '82&UP CAMARO/FIREBIRD- FORT WALTON BEACH FF SHOW 2/16/13*
BUILD THREAD: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120353

Last edited by GB EB; 07-31-2011 at 06:50 PM.
GB EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:19 PM   #41
steeleshark2

Drives: 2010 Transformer 1SS Camaro
BE CAREFUL!!

If you have the sidemarkers and decide to pull them out, be careful with the front. I pulled mine out today to seal them and the tabs that hold in the front broke. I have no idea what I could have done different to get them out. I followed the directions to the letter. I put my old ones back in (they did not break when I took them out of the car) and am going to call AAC tomorrow and send these back for an exchange.
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote