Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-05-2011, 03:53 PM   #57
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by y0diggity View Post
Trust me, I'm not.
But it's good that you're a gentleman; that's a rare thing these days. As a father though, I'm entirely too over-protective. She'll probably hate me when she finally moves out, but I'll get over it I spose.
She won't hate you it is impossible, no matter how much any kids says they hate you when they are growing up they don't mean it. Besides I know if i have a daughter in the future she isn't gonna do anything with out me knowing. And if its a guy he will be taught right , if he screws up then he better take responsibility! And finally it is only rare because every guy is indirectly told what they have to be like from music as well as pop culture. I prefer not to acknowledge that stuff makes me a bit more independent.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:55 PM   #58
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
You're not crazy, rather, just a 17 year old who made a decision that any horned up 17 year old would make.

That said, your parents are insane for handing a new camaro over to a 17 year old. After all, they will be the ones paying all of the wonderful expenses when she wraps it around a pole or God forbid, another driver.

TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:19 PM   #59
Camarowguy

Drives: 2011 imperial blue SS, black 92 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookemHorns View Post
She probably drove it over to see her boyfriend.
You laugh, but it happens. My wife used to be friends with this chick who was dating this rich dude with a new saleen mustang and she used to take his car and go joyride with the guy she was cheating on him with.
2004 5.7 GTO 78mm turbo
Camarowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:19 PM   #60
shevyman

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
what happened here is you were thinking with the wrong head when you handed over your keys to her. i agree with others on here. i would not let her drive it i would have told her to get in the passenger seat and you will take her around the parking lot.

but next time you decide to hand your keys over. just tell them ( if you are going to crash it you better make it worth it and take your life to) its a joke my friends and i tell each other when we use each others cars.
shevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:41 PM   #61
electlatino

Drives: 2SS with RS and Ground Effects
here, go watch this episode and then you'll understand why you don't loan your car to a girl you like.

part 1

part 2

part 3
Old 08-05-2011, 04:42 PM   #62
edgar3

Drives: 2010 2SS
I let everyone drive my car. Really.

XSPower Longtube + Catback "Engine to Tip" polished steel
VMAX ported Throttle Body
160 degree thermostat
Street Tune East Coast Supercharging
Cold Air Inductions
TRex Phantom Black Billet Grill. Upper and lower
Custom Badging
Lloyd Floors mats
splash guards
Underhood Engine bay done
AAC LED mailslot strip lights
Flowing Cheese Fondue waterfall in console
Various food items to dip into warm cheese
edgar3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:55 PM   #63
taragirl36

Drives: 2011 2LT RS Package Blue
I'm a girl and would not trust a 16 year old girl in my car... especially after what I just posted about!
taragirl36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:30 PM   #64
SS>GT

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jv27 View Post
she is insanely hot! and this is a 17 year old(me) talking about a 16 year old. and trust me im not going to stuck in the friend zone. but still one of my best friends who is friends with both of us, thinks i have gone crazy just thinking about letting her drive it, let alone taking it around town!

Its just a v6. I wouldnt worry too much!

hahahahaha jk bud, but in all seriousness, why would you let her drive? No Pu-tang is worth seeing your car under a bus...
SS>GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:34 PM   #65
tomlink

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via Skype™ to tomlink
30+ years ago I let my girl drive my car. I was commuting via train to NYC so I didn't need a car during the day. She crashed it into a Caddy and I rushed home to see if she (the girl) was OK. I fixed the car myself. The girl has now been my wife for 32+ years. Looking back I'd do it just the same way again.
tomlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:42 PM   #66
y0diggity
Camaro Overlord

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomlink View Post
30+ years ago I let my girl drive my car. I was commuting via train to NYC so I didn't need a car during the day. She crashed it into a Caddy and I rushed home to see if she (the girl) was OK. I fixed the car myself. The girl has now been my wife for 32+ years. Looking back I'd do it just the same way again.
LOL!! I'm not sure exactly how I should read that. How does she feel about doing it the same way again? I mean, she crashed a car?

j/k man. Congrats. My wife and I are at 17 this year and I wouldn't change it either. Although ours didn't involve a car wreck.
y0diggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:46 PM   #67
brAnd7onX

Drives: 2012 1SS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitjohnny View Post
Did you ask your parents if it was ok?
LMAO

2012 Camaro SS IOM "TigreSS"
Borla "S" Catback
C.A.I. Intake
VMax Ported TB
JRE Tune
brAnd7onX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:58 PM   #68
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven345 View Post
What do u mean " hit it"? Slap that ass?
I mean Hit It...like this:

Old 08-05-2011, 07:00 PM   #69
tomlink

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via Skype™ to tomlink
Quote:
Originally Posted by y0diggity View Post
LOL!! I'm not sure exactly how I should read that. How does she feel about doing it the same way again? I mean, she crashed a car?
ROTFL!

Well maybe we could leave the crash out if we did it again. The other stuff was good though.
tomlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:12 PM   #70
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by iScottyyyyyyyyy View Post
Never will I let someone else drive my car. Ecspecially a girl that I like. Im 16 so I k ow the temptations of girls but wtf
Just to be completely honest, it is better you don't add your age to the equation in this matter, being young and having a camaro is a very special thing thus we shouldn't act like spoiled brats, nor should we have bad spelling and grammar. (grammar is my weakness)