Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-27-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Working out

Does anyone have a strict routine, success story, or workout program that they do/use?

This is mine,

I for one have used the workout programs P90X and INSANITY and will say that they are awesome and actually do work. Im 24 right now and i would say im in the best shape of my life thanks to these programs. I was always a skinny kid when i was young but once i hit middle school i started packing on weight pretty quick. When i graduated high school in 2006 i was on the heavy side and not happy about. I weighed around 210lbs at the time, im 5'11. Later that year i went on a cruise with my ex gf and in one week gained 10lbs from all the food at the buffets, i couldnt believe my eyes or the scale for that matter. One night i was watching late tv and one of those workout infomercials comes on and its for P90X, now ive seen tons of these or multiple machines that will get you looking like you've been working out for years for only 15 mins a day... cmon now.. who are they trying to fool... Anyways, there was something different about this program and how they broke everything down and actually told you how and when. it made everything extremely easy follow and figure out, no guess work at all. So i decided to order it. i took the challenge and so for 90 days, 6 days a week at an hour to a little over and hour on some days gave it my all. It wasnt easy let me tell you, it was a huge challenge for me and being as heavy as i was and only seeing very little change at first it got me thinking... i just got sucked into one of those ads. But i decided to just keep on with it. Well on day 90 i weighed in at 158lbs and lost all the weight i had put on through my high school years and from being on the cruise, in just 90 days! I was thrilled! Ever since ive completed the program ive changed my ways i eat and make smarter choices and over all just feel better.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:26 PM   #2
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Good Ole Marine Corps PT does it for me.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
C O Jones
Willy Nailer/Honey Badger

Drives: 2010 Black SS/RS M6
I eat to live not live to eat.....
Old 02-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #4
MaRoFreK

Drives: IOM 1SS w/factory Hurst
I'm a workout Nazi myself. GYM 6 days a week.

Stainless works Catback with Flowmaster Single Chamber Mufflers, Vararam, Factory Hurst, SLP SS emblems, SLP Skip Shift
MaRoFreK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:37 PM   #5
v6needluv2

Drives: 2011 Victory Red LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaRoFreK View Post
I'm a workout Nazi myself. GYM 6 days a week.
Im in the same boat as you haha
v6needluv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:40 PM   #6
TOMS1SS

Drives: NA
My current one:

Day 1: 10 miles running. Biceps and Triceps at the gym.
Day 2: 10 miles running. Legs and abs at the gym.
Day 3: 10 miles running. Back and shoulders at the gym.
Day 4: 5 miles running. Chest day at the gym

- When I was not driving 60,000 miles a year for work the running was 60 miles a week and 6 days at the gym. I would cycle double exercises among the muscle groups. Now I just cycle the order I do lifting at the gym.
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #7
supersport11

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
my trouble was muscle gain to fat loss i couldnt see the difference so i always gave up so ive lost about 56lbs of fat and now im going to begin the muscle building process all over again just need to quit modding my car and sign up for a gym again
supersport11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:10 PM   #8
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
P90x is a great routine. its has become a part of life for me. the most important part of the routine is the diet. stick to it and you will be good as gold! I fit 90x in with my regular workout schedule and it works out great.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:21 PM   #9
Tribute

Drives: 2012 SLP ZL770 #17 (Hugger Orange)
Wow, that's really great and drastic change. I always wondered if those programs worked or not if you stick too. Congrats for keeping yourself focused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xVengeancex28 View Post
Does anyone have a strict routine, success story, or workout program that they do/use?

This is mine,

I for one have used the workout programs P90X and INSANITY and will say that they are awesome and actually do work. Im 24 right now and i would say im in the best shape of my life thanks to these programs. I was always a skinny kid when i was young but once i hit middle school i started packing on weight pretty quick. When i graduated high school in 2006 i was on the heavy side and not happy about. I weighed around 210lbs at the time, im 5'11. Later that year i went on a cruise with my ex gf and in one week gained 10lbs from all the food at the buffets, i couldnt believe my eyes or the scale for that matter. One night i was watching late tv and one of those workout infomercials comes on and its for P90X, now ive seen tons of these or multiple machines that will get you looking like you've been working out for years for only 15 mins a day... cmon now.. who are they trying to fool... Anyways, there was something different about this program and how they broke everything down and actually told you how and when. it made everything extremely easy follow and figure out, no guess work at all. So i decided to order it. i took the challenge and so for 90 days, 6 days a week at an hour to a little over and hour on some days gave it my all. It wasnt easy let me tell you, it was a huge challenge for me and being as heavy as i was and only seeing very little change at first it got me thinking... i just got sucked into one of those ads. But i decided to just keep on with it. Well on day 90 i weighed in at 158lbs and lost all the weight i had put on through my high school years and from being on the cruise, in just 90 days! I was thrilled! Ever since ive completed the program ive changed my ways i eat and make smarter choices and over all just feel better.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:01 PM   #10
Camaro68

Drives: 68 Camaro 327ci 2SS/RS 376ci LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
P90x is a great routine. its has become a part of life for me. the most important part of the routine is the diet. stick to it and you will be good as gold! I fit 90x in with my regular workout schedule and it works out great.
I do the same thing

6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer 6-23-10
Camaro68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:58 PM   #11
Vengeance Graphix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeko View Post
Wow, that's really great and drastic change. I always wondered if those programs worked or not if you stick too. Congrats for keeping yourself focused.
Thanks Luke,
Old 02-27-2012, 11:15 PM   #12
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
I've tried insanity so many times lol, for some reason I completed the first three days but never make it to day four
Old 02-28-2012, 12:01 AM   #13
Vengeance Graphix

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
I've tried insanity so many times lol, for some reason I completed the first three days but never make it to day four
I just started it again, tomorrow will be day 3.... ive only ever been able to do the 1st month. what i dont get how he talks while doing all these crazy things jumps. im lucky i can keep up and breathe
Old 02-28-2012, 12:11 AM   #14
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Drives: 2010 Synergy
Name:  FisherBodyLogo.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  19.2 KB
I tried the "Body by Fisher" program, and boy does it work!

Just look at the before and after pictures:

Before
Name:  smgrem2.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  27.5 KB

After
Name:  After.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  83.1 KB

And I feel great!

With envy is offline   Reply With Quote