Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 02-28-2012, 10:52 PM   #15
2SSRSinBama

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt-onC6 View Post
Do it right and get a real tuner like HP Tuner or LS1Edit. The handhelds are so limited. I sent Diablo a list of things I would like to have done to my tranny (when they get support) and they said they could not do some of them. Just basic things. This is with the new inTune and only then when they have tranny support. Definitely don't get the discontinued Predator!

didn't LS1edit get abandoned like 5 years ago? lol

2010 Camaro SS L99... has a few mods
2SSRSinBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:55 AM   #16
MaRoFreK

Drives: IOM 1SS w/factory Hurst
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012_2SSRS View Post
that's classic right there, haha... there should be a big/noticable difference between a custom tune and a canned preset tune... not "a little"...

you know you can get custom tuning done for diablo programmers as well, right? and that diablo programmers offer more adjustability/functionality than sct's do, right?
I had a diablo tuner for my 06 Charger so I'm pretty familure with them. My best friend has a SCT for his 08 Mustang so I'm pretty familure with them as well. And IMO the SCT is a lot better thats why I went with it. You can't beat the fact that Jannetty gives you a free custom tune with most parts you buy off him if you get the tuner off him. Don't know of any diablo retailers doing that. Also, as was stated above, the SCT has more data logging time which is a huge plus.

Stainless works Catback with Flowmaster Single Chamber Mufflers, Vararam, Factory Hurst, SLP SS emblems, SLP Skip Shift
MaRoFreK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:07 AM   #17
Bolt-onC6

Drives: 2017 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRSinBama View Post
didn't LS1edit get abandoned like 5 years ago? lol
Maybe EFILive is what I was referring. I don't really know anything about those two as I have HPT.
Bolt-onC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:01 AM   #18
RANGERGOD
IDBZ M.C.

Drives: 12' IOM, 2SS, LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012_2SSRS View Post
that's classic right there, haha... there should be a big/noticable difference between a custom tune and a canned preset tune... not "a little"...

you know you can get custom tuning done for diablo programmers as well, right? and that diablo programmers offer more adjustability/functionality than sct's do, right?
I have had two diablo predators in the past, sport. Jannetty offers a remote tune based on cars he has done in the past. It is not a custom tune in the sense that I am pulling my SS up on the dyno.

What are all of these extra functions that the diablo has? I have not found any.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:03 AM   #19
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERGOD View Post
I have had two diablo predators in the past, sport. Jannetty offers a remote tune based on cars he has done in the past. It is not a custom tune in the sense that I am pulling my SS up on the dyno.
Definition of a Canned Tune, a Tune Written by a Tuner company for a Completely Stock Car.

Definition of a Custom Tune, a Tune Written by a Professional Custom Tuner for anything Other than Completely Stock Car.

RANGERGOD, You are somewhat correct, if you just install my tune and go which for most bolt ons is all you need since I have so much Experience to Share with the community, having tuned over 750 Gen5s.

If I believe there is anything about your build that needs looking at, I ask you to Log and Report and I will fine tune as necessary, this is the same as rolling up on my Dyno.

The only difference being you don't get a Print out of the Peak Numbers.

Most simple bolt ons do not require logging as I have a Huge Ever Growing Data base of Tuning info to pull from.

I Write supercharger cam tunes from scratch sitting at my desk that Rival So Called Custom Dyno Tunes, Just ask around, I am sure someone will chime in to Validate.

We Very Much Appreciate the Support of C5 Community.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote