Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-14-2017, 01:11 PM   #29
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
1.) Can you confirm if the SS 1LE will come in a auto package at the end of the year 2018

2.) Will you please sell me ZL1 Recaro seats and I swear I will remove the ZL1 badging

3.) Will you do a video with me on Lethal Garage where I let you drive my car and you tell me what you think?

4.) Z/28... I know you can't say anything, but maybe nod once, or blink a left eye if it is coming in the future. ( 6th Gen refresh)

5.) Why do you not offer rock guards on the 1LE stock? Literally the setup you have chips the rear wheels.

1. I'm pretty sure Al has made it ABUNDANTLY clear that as long as he's in charge the any "1LE" will be manual only.

2. I'm sure they will be available eventually, or you may have to settle for the regular recaros (which do still have the heating/cooling that should work on your car).

3. Don't get your hopes up but it's worth an ask!!!

4. He will roll his eyes at you because that will be the 14,000,000th time he's been asked about it, THAT'S THE TELL!!! Z/28 IS COMMING!!! haha

5. Very good question! But in my opinion the rock guards Chevy offers aren't big enough to prevent chips from the larger tires anyway. That's what ZL1 addons is for!
Old 07-14-2017, 01:12 PM   #30
Dwille

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Please ask Al if he can do anything to get the already produced ZL1 1LE's shipped to us new owners. Some of us are willing to drive up and get them!
Dwille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 03:22 PM   #31
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
Here's my initial list of questions for the engineers at CamaroFest. I am hoping to have the opportunity to talk to them while I'm there (similar to last year's Factory Fest).

1. What are the parameters to engage the No Lift Shift feature on a Camaro SS? Is there a reason this is not advertised in the owner's manual? Both MotorTrend and Car and Driver discuss this specific feature in their 40k long term test wrap-ups, so it appears to be present.

2. What's considered the best suspension setup with track proven gains for a non-MRC SS? The SS with MRC is offered the 1LE package. I'm looking to get performance as close to a SS 1LE as possible. For non-MRC SS cars, they offer the following:
○ SG3 Suspension Lowering Kit (springs & dampers)
○ Sway Bar Suspension Upgrade System
Is there a specific combination that was track tested with proven gains? If so, which combination is recommended?

3. Will there be a ZL1 1LE suspension kit offered in the future (similar to the 5th gen Z28 kit) or any other performance suspension kit (other than what was mentioned above). If so, what are the details and timing?

4. When will the Helm's service manual be released for the 2017 model?
Here's the response I got on questions above:

1. Initially several Chevy reps "confirmed" that no lift shift does not exist on the SS. I talked to the guy in charge of performance development (who gave the GM tech talk today) and he and another guy who seemed knowledgeable on the platform said that it does have it: > 6k (they were not sure exact rpm), 100% pedal

2. For non-MRC SS, the best setup from a performance standpoint is to have both of these. He mentioned they were designed together as a kit, but offered separately since some folks want a less expensive lowering option and aren't interested in all-out performance.
3. They said the part are available from service (or will be soon) and expected there will be a kit offered in the future (ie. ZL1 1LE suspension kit)

4. Forgot to ask about the Helms manual, but will check tomorrow.

It was HOT there today!!

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:25 PM   #32
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:

1. Initially several Chevy reps "confirmed" that no lift shift does not exist on the SS. I talked to the guy in charge of performance development (who gave the GM tech talk today) and he and another guy who seemed knowledgeable on the platform said that it does have it: > 6k (they were not sure exact rpm), 100% pedal

2. For non-MRC SS, the best setup from a performance standpoint is to have both of these. He mentioned they were designed together as a kit, but offered separately since some folks want a less expensive lowering option and aren't interested in all-out performance.
3. They said the part are available from service (or will be soon) and expected there will be a kit offered in the future (ie. ZL1 1LE suspension kit)

It was HOT there today!!
Awesome!!! Have fun and try not to boil!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Ask him if Team Camaro has any influence in engine development, or if it is lead only by Team Corvette.
Engines are being done by a separate group within GM injunction with the Model teams (they don't just create 1 engine and mod it to fit other future models, they create it to fit ALL future models (like LT1 wasn't just created for the c7, but also the SS). The calibration team on the LT1 for example have been working on the c7 first but then were shifted to work with the camaro team. It is all an insanely complicated process from what I am told.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 01:17 AM   #33
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
waterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 01:44 AM   #34
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
1.) Can you confirm if the SS 1LE will come in a auto package at the end of the year 2018
They currently off the 2SS with a 1LE suspension package for MY2018, and this can be had with an auto or manual. In addition, it requires magride. Even with both the suspension and magride, though, GM will not officially call the car a "2SS 1LE" nor grant it any of the distinct appearance mods that the 1SS 1LE gets. Ie: There will be nothing on the car that actually has a "1LE" logo.

So it sounds like they are being kind of strict here. They are holding true to their original promise that any 1LE-branded Camaro will be offered in manual only. Can you get a 2SS auto that's basically configured identically performance-wise to the 1SS 1LE otherwise? Yes, but they won't call it a "1LE" by technicality.
Old 07-16-2017, 08:33 PM   #35
vtirocz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
They currently off the 2SS with a 1LE suspension package for MY2018, and this can be had with an auto or manual. In addition, it requires magride. Even with both the suspension and magride, though, GM will not officially call the car a "2SS 1LE" nor grant it any of the distinct appearance mods that the 1SS 1LE gets. Ie: There will be nothing on the car that actually has a "1LE" logo.

So it sounds like they are being kind of strict here. They are holding true to their original promise that any 1LE-branded Camaro will be offered in manual only. Can you get a 2SS auto that's basically configured identically performance-wise to the 1SS 1LE otherwise? Yes, but they won't call it a "1LE" by technicality.
You can't get the eLSD on the 2SS auto though, only the suspension kit, which means it won't have PTM. You also can't get the wheels (from the factory) on the 2SS auto.

Old 07-16-2017, 08:40 PM   #36
vtirocz

Quote:
Here's my initial list of questions for the engineers at CamaroFest. I am hoping to have the opportunity to talk to them while I'm there (similar to last year's Factory Fest).

1. What are the parameters to engage the No Lift Shift feature on a Camaro SS? Is there a reason this is not advertised in the owner's manual? Both MotorTrend and Car and Driver discuss this specific feature in their 40k long term test wrap-ups, so it appears to be present.

2. What's considered the best suspension setup with track proven gains for a non-MRC SS? The SS with MRC is offered the 1LE package. I'm looking to get performance as close to a SS 1LE as possible. For non-MRC SS cars, they offer the following:
Is there a specific combination that was track tested with proven gains? If so, which combination is recommended?

3. Will there be a ZL1 1LE suspension kit offered in the future (similar to the 5th gen Z28 kit) or any other performance suspension kit (other than what was mentioned above). If so, what are the details and timing?

4. When will the Helm's service manual be released for the 2017 model?
Quote:

It was HOT there today!!
Regarding question #1, I asked Al O. about no lift shift and he confirmed the SS M6 has it. The reason for asking the question to multiple people there is because I was getting conflicting info. Some were confirming it does NOT have it, while others confirmed it does have it. If Al O. says NLS is on the SS, I'd consider it confirmed and I will test it out now on my car.

Regarding question #2, Al confirmed that the combination of those suspension kits (lowering kit with springs/dampers + swaybar kit) is the best track option offered for the non-MRC SS. He did indicate they were evaluating the possibility of a ZL1 1LE kit for the SS. He said something to the effect that people will try to buy the service parts anyway, so we might just put a kit together.

In all the excitement (and heat), I forgot to ask about the Helms manual. Hopefully the '17 version will come out soon.

Old 07-16-2017, 11:48 PM   #37
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post

1LE package for 2SS will be available for 2018.

I know you want to hang out on the 6th gen forum but please stop spreading false information. Thanks.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:53 AM   #38
Cldgin2

Drives: 2017 1LE SS
What do you have to do to engage NLS??

Quote:
Regarding question #1, I asked Al O. about no lift shift and he confirmed the SS M6 has it. The reason for asking the question to multiple people there is because I was getting conflicting info. Some were confirming it does NOT have it, while others confirmed it does have it. If Al O. says NLS is on the SS, I'd consider it confirmed and I will test it out now on my car.

Regarding question #2, Al confirmed that the combination of those suspension kits (lowering kit with springs/dampers + swaybar kit) is the best track option offered for the non-MRC SS. He did indicate they were evaluating the possibility of a ZL1 1LE kit for the SS. He said something to the effect that people will try to buy the service parts anyway, so we might just put a kit together.

In all the excitement (and heat), I forgot to ask about the Helms manual. Hopefully the '17 version will come out soon.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:01 AM   #39
vtirocz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cldgin2 View Post
What do you have to do to engage NLS??
All he said was to keep the pedal at 100%. I asked what other criteria needs to be met and the team did not mention anything specifically, other than engine speed being > 6000rpm (though they mentioned they were not certain offhand on that rpm value).

This matches the info on the ATS-V, which has this in the owner's manual:
"No Lift-Shift
On ATS-V vehicles equipped with a
manual transmission, the vehicle can
be shifted up a gear when the
accelerator pedal is pressed to the
floor without being released. This
allows for less power interruption and
will improve acceleration times. This
feature is available in all vehicle
modes and is only active when the
engine speed is greater than 2500 rpm."

Old 07-17-2017, 09:29 PM   #40
camaro99

Drives: Angry Dorothy II 2016 2SS
Quote:
All he said was to keep the pedal at 100%. I asked what other criteria needs to be met and the team did not mention anything specifically, other than engine speed being > 6000rpm (though they mentioned they were not certain offhand on that rpm value).

This matches the info on the ATS-V, which has this in the owner's manual:
"No Lift-Shift
On ATS-V vehicles equipped with a
manual transmission, the vehicle can
be shifted up a gear when the
accelerator pedal is pressed to the
floor without being released. This
allows for less power interruption and
will improve acceleration times. This
feature is available in all vehicle
modes and is only active when the
engine speed is greater than 2500 rpm."
Great info...cant wait to try it!

I probably missed it but what exactly needs to be done to my SS with MRC to convert it or come close to making it a 1LE?

Would an air bag drop kit create the same result on a road course or am I dreaming?
camaro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 08:28 AM   #41
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro99 View Post

I probably missed it but what exactly needs to be done to my SS with MRC to convert it or come close to making it a 1LE?

Would an air bag drop kit create the same result on a road course or am I dreaming?
There either is or will be an accessory kit from GM that comes with a tune for the MRC. Don't bag it!

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:14 AM   #42
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
1LE suspension kit 84233245
1LE trailing arms http://www.thatgmpartsguy.com/suspen...it?parent=1034
1LE control arm right 84051642
1LE control arm left 84051641
you can not ad the eDiff.
+ FORGED rims not cast. with good tires cast or the flow forged (really just cast) will not hold up to track use.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote