Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-18-2011, 01:25 AM   #1
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
AAC SIDEMARKER LAMPS

So I had them on my camaro since November. I LOVE THEM and have gotten lots of compliments on them. I didn't drive my car at all of course this past long winter. My camaro has been thru two rain showers and my driver's side light is clogged with moisture. I love your products but after spending $262 I except some quality. Friday I'm going to disable the light and drive without anything in since I sold my factory ones A LONG TIME AGO. I was talking to my service advisor today and they are kind enough to help me get the moisture out and put some good sealant to protect it from worse damaging. I'm thinking just take the thing out and return it. I love your products but even your blue scanner bar I bought from Camaro Fest was a dud and I still have that also.:(
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:38 AM   #2
Angelsilhouette

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS, Red Jewel
Not the first time I've heard of this happening. : / It really sucks that it's happened to you, as well.

Angelsilhouette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:06 AM   #3
Support@OracleLights.com

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Stacy~ View Post
So I had them on my camaro since November. I LOVE THEM and have gotten lots of compliments on them. I didn't drive my car at all of course this past long winter. My camaro has been thru two rain showers and my driver's side light is clogged with moisture. I love your products but after spending $262 I except some quality. Friday I'm going to disable the light and drive without anything in since I sold my factory ones A LONG TIME AGO. I was talking to my service advisor today and they are kind enough to help me get the moisture out and put some good sealant to protect it from worse damaging. I'm thinking just take the thing out and return it. I love your products but even your blue scanner bar I bought from Camaro Fest was a dud and I still have that also.:(
I am sorry to hear that you are having issues but these items are covered under warranty and can be replaced. Have you tried calling or PMing anyone here for assistance?
Support@OracleLights.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:21 AM   #4
Camarowguy

Drives: 2011 imperial blue SS, black 92 RS
Funny, I've heard more bad things than good about aac. And their prices are high as giraffe booty.
2004 5.7 GTO 78mm turbo
Camarowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:26 AM   #5
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarowguy View Post
Funny, I've heard more bad things than good about aac. And their prices are high as giraffe booty.
This made me laugh really hard! Shop around, they're actually lower than most of the competition and have lifetime warranty, others don't.
FL1CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:16 PM   #6
Angelsilhouette

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS, Red Jewel
It's good that they're covered under warranty. I hope you don't have to pay shipping for the swap.

Angelsilhouette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:25 PM   #7
USMCSSGT-RET

Drives: '14 SIM 2LT/RS Vert
The lifetime warranty is the key. They are innovators...they create new products, so there's some R&D involved. Of course this is done before selling to customers, but they also try to get the products to the market quick, so there's a bit of a trade-off. Hence the lifetime warranty.

Give them the chance to fix it and you'll end up satisfied.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:53 PM   #8
~Stacy~
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsilhouette View Post
It's good that they're covered under warranty. I hope you don't have to pay shipping for the swap.
Yes, you do! I was thinking about shipping all the defective parts back in a box to save on shipping costs?
Old 05-18-2011, 04:57 PM   #9
bajamoon

Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Stacy~ View Post
Yes, you do! I was thinking about shipping all the defective parts back in a box to save on shipping costs?

I would ship them all out at once and let them have a look. Shipping them will be wY cheaper than getting new oem ones. Jonathan will take care of it.
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:02 PM   #10
~Stacy~
Banned

My response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan@AACstyle.com View Post
I am sorry to hear that you are having issues but these items are covered under warranty and can be replaced. Have you tried calling or PMing anyone here for assistance?
Yes, I already e-mailed about my defective light a few weeks ago. I just upgraded to the multi-color scanner light and was still hoping to get the light fixed since the leds are already burnt out before I even tried hooking it up? I can send back my sidemarker lamp but it's the waiting time I'm concerned about. If it's going to take 2 to 3 weeks I will just work something out with my mechanic? I'm not on here to diss your company I love your products and you guys are super nice. It's just the matter of testing something for quality or to see if it works like the scanner bar I picked up before you deliver to your customer? I'm sorry but between working 40 hours a week and taking classes full time it's kind of hard for me to keep on playing around with faulty car parts on the side?:(
Old 05-18-2011, 05:27 PM   #11
bigsquirrel
My car runs on acorns....

Drives: 2010 SS RS Inferno Orange
If the lights still work open it up dry them out and then seal it again with silicon. It's easier than replacing them.

2.9 Polished Whipple, Kooks LT 1 7/8 headers, HiFlow Cats, Kooks Sleeper catback, Cooling Mist Methanol Injection, PFADT Sport Sways, PFADT Springs, PFADT rear trailing arms, ADM intake, JDP stainless brake lines, Jegs Catch can, Stock SS wheels widened to 10 3/4, Hawks HPS Pads, Pedders Rear Subframe Bushing Inserts, BMR Center Brace, MSD BAP, AAC side markers, Emblem Pro's Custom Lighted Door Sills, Dash-Floor-Cupholder ABL lighting and other stuff....
bigsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:29 PM   #12
~Stacy~
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquirrel View Post
If the lights still work open it up dry them out and then seal it again with silicon. It's easier than replacing them.
I'm going to try that first ha! My dealer has helped me out before
Old 05-18-2011, 05:33 PM   #13
bowtie628
Auto body and paint guy

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
$262 for led side markers? wow..
Old 05-18-2011, 05:55 PM   #14
ZombieEatsYou

Drives: "Bmblbee" 2010 RY 2SS/RS. VIN 12043
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtie628 View Post
$262 for led side markers? wow..
But they are way prettier than giraffe booty.
ZombieEatsYou is offline   Reply With Quote