Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 02-03-2013, 09:43 AM   #15
Chevrolade
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Badass !!u wouldn't have a part number to that front splitter would u ?
Chevrolade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #16
jameslk55

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS, 2005 SLK55 AMG
I like the GM factory upgrades. Very thoughtful and tasteful mods.

I prefer the Heritage grille unpainted and your car is probably the reason why.

I think I might end up getting the same wheels since the ZL1 replicas failed to be made. The O.Z. Racing are lightweight and have a similar ZL1-ish look. I have your pictures saved somewhere.

What happened to the RS spoiler? I know this has been said and done before but ZL1 side rockers and spoiler (or convertible spoiler) would be nice for phase 2.
jameslk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:31 AM   #17
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 18ZL1 02Z-28
The spoiler is a long story...The inventory manager ordered the exact car I wanted as a tease. I got word of the promotion and then decided to buy one. He ordered it exactly how I wanted it....but knew I would be snooping at the order through GM workbench. 1 week before the order was going to be picked up as "accepted by production control" He added the blade spoiler as an LPO option. I confronted him the next day and was like WTF...I don't want a blade spoiler...he said I know I was just messing with you. He said I'll take it off Monday before the order gets picked up Tues evening. Wednesday I got into work and was like so you took the spoiler off right? He looked shocked and I thought he was messing with me. The order got accepted with the Blade spoiler which I don't care for...it's not bad...but not great either. The blade spoiler is a dealer installed option and I made sure the PDI guys at work didn't put it on.

It does not have a spoiler on it now because I can't decide which one I want....it's also kinda sleeper looking and looks like an LS with black wheels and no spoiler. I have gotten compliments saying it looks better without....and also people saying I should do the convert spoiler (like the Dusk) or the Zl1.

I am having a super hard time deciding because both of those are different bolt and drill patterns. Whichever I chose will be very permanent.

WHAT TO DO???
SOLD! '18 ZL1 Mosiac Blk
SOLD!'16 SS Sedan-Forgestars/ARH/rotofab
TRADED!2014 SS Sedan
SOLD! 2013 Blue Ray1SS/1LE 1of20.
TRADED! 2012 White 1SS/RS
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:58 PM   #18
jgalewsk

Drives: 2013 Summit White Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
I still can't believe how similar our cars look. If you added a black hood and a black spoiler, they would be nearly identical. And the really weird part is that I also did a photoshoot on 2.2.13. Here is the link: 1LE Photo Shoot

About the spoiler issue... I really like the clean look. And having no spoiler really helps that. But from certain angles the back looks a little weird, and other angles it looks amazing. I see why you are on the fence about it. Might I suggest a spoiler similar to mine: Stock black 1le spoiler. It looks damn good IMO. However, if you were ever planning on do a black out on the rear of the trunk, then the black spoiler would make it too busy. It's up to you. You can see pics of my car if it helps.

Finally, your car looks very good! Love seeing Camaros with that simple clean look!
jgalewsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:08 PM   #19
Buck Heard

Drives: 2012 Victory Red 1SS/RS
Very nice.
Buck Heard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:51 AM   #20
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalewsk View Post
I still can't believe how similar our cars look. If you added a black hood and a black spoiler, they would be nearly identical. And the really weird part is that I also did a photoshoot on 2.2.13. Here is the link: 1LE Photo Shoot

About the spoiler issue... I really like the clean look. And having no spoiler really helps that. But from certain angles the back looks a little weird, and other angles it looks amazing. I see why you are on the fence about it. Might I suggest a spoiler similar to mine: Stock black 1le spoiler. It looks damn good IMO. However, if you were ever planning on do a black out on the rear of the trunk, then the black spoiler would make it too busy. It's up to you. You can see pics of my car if it helps.

Finally, your car looks very good! Love seeing Camaros with that simple clean look!
Thanks....and I did see that photoshoot. It stinks because I was already setting up my car to be a like a 1LE way before chevy announced it( bought the car in OCT '11). I called it the drop top strut bar...and had it installed before they released details that the 1LE would have the bar in coupe form. I already had my black wheels on when Chevy decided to do Black wheels on the 1LE. I did, however, straight up jack the front splitter and rear diffuser. I knew I wanted the then (zl1 only) catback...but too much fab work was going to be required to do the rear bumper conversion so I waited for the 1LE rear section to become available(after I saw the press release photos).

I agree with you 100% it looks funny without a spoiler from certain angles and others fine. I like all 3 factory spoilers (not the accessory optional ones). The drop top spoiler is on the dusk edition coupes and looks good. The Zl1 spoiler I have seen on an SS coupe without the rest of the body kit and it looks good. And the standard SS one looks good. but like I said...drilling is very permanent...and it's also real unique without one at all.I just can't make a decision
SOLD! '18 ZL1 Mosiac Blk
TRADED!2014 SS Sedan
Old 02-05-2013, 08:18 AM   #21
jgalewsk

Drives: 2013 Summit White Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcroft View Post
Thanks....and I did see that photoshoot. It stinks because I was already setting up my car to be a like a 1LE way before chevy announced it( bought the car in OCT '11). I called it the drop top strut bar...and had it installed before they released details that the 1LE would have the bar in coupe form. I already had my black wheels on when Chevy decided to do Black wheels on the 1LE. I did, however, straight up jack the front splitter and rear diffuser. I knew I wanted the then (zl1 only) catback...but too much fab work was going to be required to do the rear bumper conversion so I waited for the 1LE rear section to become available(after I saw the press release photos).

I agree with you 100% it looks funny without a spoiler from certain angles and others fine. I like all 3 factory spoilers (not the accessory optional ones). The drop top spoiler is on the dusk edition coupes and looks good. The Zl1 spoiler I have seen on an SS coupe without the rest of the body kit and it looks good. And the standard SS one looks good. but like I said...drilling is very permanent...and it's also real unique without one at all.I just can't make a decision
I know what you mean when you want a unique Camaro. At least, it is certainly my goal. We just so happened to cross paths and have two similar cars. If you aren't going to do anything else to the car, I would leave the spoiler out of the equation. It looks cleaner without another line and color right there, and like you said, very unique.

On another note, I am glad I found you and your car because you are able to show me what my car would look like without a black hood. I've been meaning to take off the vinyl wrap for sometime now, but just couldn't seem to get enough courage to start peeling. And if I took it off, I would have to decide between a white or black hood. It seems that we are both in a good pickle!
jgalewsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:36 AM   #22
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Sooooo clean. Love the exhaust obviously, and you guys make me think hard about debadging the "camaro" on the fender. Great pics! Are those tips 4" or 3.75"? They look big
Factory ZL1/NPP catback. So whatever size those are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolade View Post
Badass !!u wouldn't have a part number to that front splitter would u ?
You have a PM with the number. I don't have it right in front of me now.
I actually forgot about what kind of sh*t I stirred up with corporate GM when I posted the thread showing I had the front splitter on my car. I had it installed in Sept and none of the 1LEs were on the ground. They actually sent my service manager an e-mail asking where I got the part. I ordered the part out of the parts catalog the day it became available. It was a "ship direct from the supplier" part at that time and the only other people requesting that part was Oshawa.

corporate GM monitors these boards!
SOLD! '18 ZL1 Mosiac Blk
TRADED!2014 SS Sedan

Last edited by davidcroft; 02-05-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:15 AM   #23
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
I just ordered a new rear spoiler and the ZL1 side skirts, just wondering if your dealership has paint shop?
Sapper12b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:30 AM   #24
SilverSlayer-SS
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 SS , 2014 SS
nice build
Old 02-09-2013, 05:48 PM   #25
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlayer-SS View Post
nice build
thanks!
SOLD! '18 ZL1 Mosiac Blk
TRADED!2014 SS Sedan
Old 02-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #26
JN3WMN

Drives: 2010 2LT RS IBM
Love it!
JN3WMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:39 PM   #27
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Quote:
Originally Posted by JN3WMN View Post
Love it!
Thanks!!!
First dyno pulls this evening @ 510 Race Engineering on a Mustang Dyno.
394 RWHP untuned.

SOLD! '18 ZL1 Mosiac Blk
TRADED!2014 SS Sedan

Last edited by davidcroft; 03-05-2013 at 06:59 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:32 AM   #28
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Here is a video of the 12.2 1/4 mile simulation. Look at that 60' on stock Pirellis! Once I get it on a real track and cut a 2.2 60' I know I'll prolly run a 13.2

SOLD! '18 ZL1 Mosiac Blk
TRADED!2014 SS Sedan