Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-06-2018, 09:54 AM   #1
go_go_gadget88

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM 6M
Texas Speed's PRC CNC Head Porting

Well, I had a nice surprise from FedEx this morning! Heads showed up sooner than I figured they would.

Thought I would make a separate thread just in case anyone was ever looking at these heads and wanted to see a set of them. I couldn't find much info about them.

I sent my factory heads out to have the work done on them. They were cleaned, cnc ported, cnc valve job, milled .005" to clean up, engraved in a couple spots, and then reassembled using the new spring kit I had purchased with the cam package from them. Everything went smooth, the price for the service is good, and they look fantastic! Can't wait to get them put on and see what kind of power this thing makes!

Here is what I sent off. Sorry I didn't take much for before pictures, I was in a hurry the day I sent them (but you can use your imagination to picture stock dirty heads freshly pulled off a running car.) And pictures aren't the best as my garage lights don't like to get bright when it's this cold out!

And here is what I got back:

2010 ABM 2SS/RS LS3 6 Speed -- Rotofab CAI | Speed Engineering 1 7/8" Longtubes w/ cat Delete | Magnaflow competition catback | TSP 231/246 cam| TSP/PAC .660" Spring Kit | TSP CNC Ported Heads | Bo White PTB | GPI Ported/RM Intake | 3.91's | BC Catch Can | MGW Shifter | BMR 1" Drop Springs | BMR Trailing arms/Toe Rods/Rear UCA Bushings | Pegasus Subframe Mounts
go_go_gadget88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 10:00 AM   #2
Sturgill_SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Awesome Sauce!! Time to put her back together!
Sturgill_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 10:22 AM   #3
sdynak

Drives: 2010 1SS
Very nice
2010 1SS LS3, Black, 235/250, .621/.615, 114 + 4, Kooks Stepped Headers, 3.91's, Bo White PTB, Flowmaster Mufflers, Cold Air Industries CAI, Apex Scoop & Windshield Washer Relocate, SLP Wheels, Skip Shift Eliminate, Barton Flat Stick, OEM HID/Halos, Dyno Tuned by ECS
sdynak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 11:26 AM   #4
go_go_gadget88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturgill_SS View Post
Time to put her back together!
I know! Excited doesn't begin to cover it!!

Sadly the weather here is shit right now and my garage isn't heated..but hopefully I can get it running relatively soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdynak View Post
Very nice
Thanks! I think they look pretty good. Admittedly, I am not an expert though.
2010 ABM 2SS/RS LS3 6 Speed -- Rotofab CAI | Speed Engineering 1 7/8" Longtubes w/ cat Delete | Magnaflow competition catback | TSP 231/246 cam| TSP/PAC .660" Spring Kit | TSP CNC Ported Heads | Bo White PTB | GPI Ported/RM Intake | 3.91's | BC Catch Can | MGW Shifter | BMR 1" Drop Springs | BMR Trailing arms/Toe Rods/Rear UCA Bushings | Pegasus Subframe Mounts
Old 02-06-2018, 05:40 PM   #5
Punisher_ATX

Drives: 2010 SS
Love the look of some freshly machined heads.
Punisher_ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 06:09 PM   #6
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
dude..man up, put sum freakin long johns on and ROCK! lol...those are sum sweet lookin heads...wat was the total turn around time? and you still had the yellow springs so this is definitely a smart move! peace...
Old 02-06-2018, 08:17 PM   #7
go_go_gadget88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_ATX View Post
Love the look of some freshly machined heads.
Same here. These pictures do not do justice to how good they look in person. I am pleasantly surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post
dude..man up, put sum freakin long johns on and ROCK! lol...those are sum sweet lookin heads...wat was the total turn around time? and you still had the yellow springs so this is definitely a smart move! peace...
I probably would, but wife is under the weather tonight and works the next 2 nights after..so I'm busy playing Mr mom and basically have the kids to myself. By the time I get them down at night..I'm bout out of energy! God I sound old haha. Thursday is supposed to be relatively nice though, so may work a half day and get some wrenching in!

As for turn around. I shipped them off on 1-20, and they got here this morning. So just a little over 2 weeks total, not bad at all! And was for sure upgrading springs. No way those would hold this cam. Was nice that they just held the springs and put them on for me, rather than shipping the whole kit and making me do springs, or wait until they got to me to send with heads. Saved some time overall, and saves me having to do that step!
Old 02-06-2018, 11:26 PM   #8
Punisher_ATX

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_go_gadget88 View Post
Same here. These pictures do not do justice to how good they look in person. I am pleasantly surprised.

I probably would, but wife is under the weather tonight and works the next 2 nights after..so I'm busy playing Mr mom and basically have the kids to myself. By the time I get them down at night..I'm bout out of energy! God I sound old haha. Thursday is supposed to be relatively nice though, so may work a half day and get some wrenching in!

As for turn around. I shipped them off on 1-20, and they got here this morning. So just a little over 2 weeks total, not bad at all! And was for sure upgrading springs. No way those would hold this cam. Was nice that they just held the springs and put them on for me, rather than shipping the whole kit and making me do springs, or wait until they got to me to send with heads. Saved some time overall, and saves me having to do that step!
Oh believe me i get to watch them get machined daily =)
Punisher_ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 09:03 AM   #9
J Rod

Drives: '14 BRM 1LE 2SS/RS
Beautiful! If you don't mind me asking, how much did that set you back?
LSA Blower w/ 2.45 Griptec, Reinforced Brick, FIC 1000 injectors, JRE FPCM, LFP Dual Pass HX, ZL1 IC pump, RotoFab CAI, Bo White TB, Coated Stainless Power 1-7/8" LTs, NPP, NGK TR7IX, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, AEM X-Series WB, Aeroforce Interceptor, MGW Shifter, Z28 Grill, Gary's Custom ZL1 Rockers, Hero Tails, Tuned by IMC
J Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 09:07 AM   #10
frankwjr

TSP posts all pricing on their website...just sayin...
Old 02-07-2018, 09:30 AM   #11
go_go_gadget88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_ATX View Post
Oh believe me i get to watch them get machined daily =)
Jealous!!! I was watching some of TSP's posts on snapchat and find myself drooling over all the equipment they have and work they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Rod View Post
Beautiful! If you don't mind me asking, how much did that set you back?
List price is $750 for the head service and then another ~$50 for shipping...so about $800 total...

But, since I was buying the full cam package too, they were nice and gave me a discount. My total cost on the cam package and heads service came out to be like $1385 with shipping. And it did cost a decent amount to ship heads to them. Wanna say like $55. But overall that's not a bad cost for what I got!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post
TSP posts all pricing on their website...just sayin...
True, but they don't have the LS3 cam package/head porting deal listed on their website for some reason. I called them to ask about it and ended up getting a deal that made it under the listed price by a decent amount. They were great people to work with during all this!
Old 02-07-2018, 09:38 AM   #12
frankwjr

lol..that is exactly what I meant by the above...they all will give you a "special deal" depending on various factors...

J rod here you go...https://www.texas-speed.com/p-1388-p...d-porting.aspx
Old 02-07-2018, 07:11 PM   #13
KansasSS

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS Non RS L99 Auto
Whenever you get your Camaro back together go_go_gadget88 you could come on down and help me with my camaro cam install lol.
KansasSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:11 PM   #14
J Rod

Drives: '14 BRM 1LE 2SS/RS
That's not bad at all. Hmmm.... I haven't even put 200 miles on my car yet and I'm already considering this. I need to stay off this site. lol
J Rod is offline   Reply With Quote