Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 06-29-2009, 03:31 PM   #267
2SSONLY

Drives: FAST!
Cookies? That's it? If that's all you need just tell me how many dozen! You can be guaranteed I'll have a batch on every run.

BTW hear you may be down my way over the 4th to visit family? Or am I confused as usual? Lemeno. That could be then next cookie opportunity.

Edit. Yep, I was confused. Cancel that last question but know for sure that you'll have your own separate pile of cookies next outing!

Last edited by 2SSONLY; 06-29-2009 at 03:41 PM.
2SSONLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:35 PM   #268
streetrace

Drives: a slow 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
Rally in Golden and a huge car show. I will see if I can post up some details and as the week transpires we will post up participation and meeting locations. Larry
Thank you, If anybody is going to Bandimere anytime soon let me know, im trying to go one of these Wednesday nights, to see what i need to do to the car before Arm drop live in August. Brian
streetrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:29 PM   #269
2SSONLY

Check with 2010 SS RS, he's been to Bandimere and I'll bet he'd love to go back. A side by would be cool! Find someone to take a video so we can all see.

Have you thought about coming to the Douglas track? Great folks there and maybe not as many cars. $25 for time only's and you can usually get about 3 passes at least.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:09 PM   #270
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
We all are sounding like a bunch of car freaking nuts. payoffs in Cookies, racing, mods video's, racing, car shows. What has happened to us....lol
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:23 PM   #271
2SSONLY

We bought Camaros!
Old 06-30-2009, 08:16 AM   #272
wyocamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2-2007 Silverados
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom692010 View Post
I have a solution to possible door ding mishaps. I had purchased these before Saturdays drive but it didn't arrive in time. Hides any chipped door edges and could prevent any future incidents. I think it looks pretty good. The trim comes in different colors and sizes. Visit the web page. It was like $6 for 5' length. had a little glue already installed. You just push it on,give it a good push with your palm and cut to length.
http://www.brandsport.com/trimgard1.html
Thanks Tom! Now ya tell me!
Old 06-30-2009, 08:56 AM   #273
2SSONLY

Ya, me too! I had a mishap that day myself. As Larry said, the doors on that are a HUGE!
Old 06-30-2009, 12:02 PM   #274
2010 SS RS

He guys, I thought I would check into another possible event for you all to bash each others doors at. I talked to Debbie at High Plains this morning and she would love to have us there. She would set aside enough parking for 15 of our cars. The coffee car club from Southlands will be there as well for Saturday morning. Lambragini is flying is a special car, as well as many other very special cars. On Saturday, we will not be able to take hot laps. We will be allowed on the track to get our certifications and will follow a pace car to learn the track. You will also be able to take hot laps in real race cars as a passenger for a small donation. As you may have seen there will be a live radio feed from the track, many car clubs of all different makes, live music, food, maybe even dyno test. I am going to talk to Len Lyall Chevy about them setting up a booth and also Talk to John Fitzpatrick and Scott Settlemire about having GM do a big Chevy area with a few special cars. Or at least send us some freebies to give away (or collect). There will be several professional drivers at the event and millions upon millions of dollars worth of cars. On Sunday, I have made contact with Peak Eurosport who has rented the track for the whole day about having us join in for hot laps in our cars. I was told that the cost should be the same as for open hot laps or about 90.00 for a half day on the track. If you are interested in this event please PM me so that I have a car count to give to Debbie and Eurosport. The dates are August 1 (event and show) and Aug 2nd for the hot laps. RV hookups are available at the track. And local lodging is also available. I also have some room at my place for either people or RV's

I will however be wrapping my car in egg crate material for its protection so it may look like a tank rather than a Camaro....Just kidding Larry
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
Old 06-30-2009, 05:25 PM   #275
2010 SS RS

Ok to add to the above. I talked to Eric at Peak Eurosports and here is the deal for Sunday. We can get a group on for 165.00 per car for the full day. Included is lunch and drinks all day. Also we will have access to certified race drivers for ride along instructions and tips for proper high speed driving on road courses. Other events thru out the day and a lot of really nice cars besides ours. Needed will be a helmet or one can be rented at the track for something like $30.00 for the day. I will need to give Eric a pretty solid number fairly quickly as to how many cars we will have that will be running laps. Then we will all need to fill out the appliation form and send in to him along with payment. This will be one of the few days left during the summer to get our cars out on a real road course and run them without the risk of tickets or fines and be in a safe environment. Feedback?????what do you guys think?
Here is the link to the Calendar for quick sign up!
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/calend...ea=attend&e=74

Here is the link to the Raceway:
http://highplainsraceway.com/

Here is the link to Peak Eurosport:
http://www.peakeurosport.com/

And here is the link to register for the Sunday open lap day. But hold off until we have a full count and we can process as a batch with Eric.
http://pestrackday.eventbrite.com/

Larry

Last edited by 2010 SS RS; 06-30-2009 at 06:11 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:36 PM   #276
2010 SS RS

New group member to be added to spreadsheet

Carl Lehner Assistant Service Manger at Len Lyall Chevrolet would like to join us on our rally's and shows and other group activities. He has a Silver Ice 2SS M6 Manuel. His email is aclehner@gmail.com. Also while I was there today I checked on the changing of the clutch fluids. It requires Dot4 Hydrolyic fluid ( Super Dot 4 Brake and clutch fluid part number 88958860. 8 .45 oz can $10.30 per can retail)and unlike the video of the Corvette there is not two resevoirs under hood. Then the procedures are the same. Suck out the old with a syringe, add new fluid, pump the clutch 30 times and repeat as needed for complete flushing. The line to the master cylinder is not a long one so it should not take but a few applications to fully treat and flush the system. Service documents are very scarce and only show bleeding the entire system so I would rely on common sense and the experience of the folks that have had or used this system.

Show in Golden this weekend....Saturday. I was told that they line them up between the Mcdonalds and the Sonic. The show starts at 5 but I was told we need to be there by 2 to get a parking spot to show our cars. I will be going so let me know who else plans on coming. I am taking a few chairs with to hang out and a cooler to have some cool beverages while watching the thousands of folks walking around.

Thats it for my duties for the day. Kirk get the video posted up..... Larry
Old 06-30-2009, 07:29 PM   #277
2010 SS RS

Kirk's video got moved here!

Here is the link to Kirk's video of our drive by. Somehow it got moved and buried somewhere.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30096
Old 06-30-2009, 10:44 PM   #278
2010 SS RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom692010 View Post
I'm tired and brain dead from working so friggin much...so the track event is August 1st n 2nd?
You need a break from it all. When do the other guys get back? Yes track event on 1st and 2nd.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:38 PM   #279
2SSONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
And here is the link to register for the Sunday open lap day. But hold off until we have a full count and we can process as a batch with Eric.
[url]
Hey Larry, I was looking at the registration from and noticed that tech inspection is required for the car. Can you check with them and see if I can have an NHRA track official do the tech? They do them all the time for the drag strip.

Thanks!
Old 07-01-2009, 01:10 AM   #280
mtcwby
High on "The Camaro Life"

Drives: 2010 2SS, IOM, LS3, Vortech, LG cam
Send a message via AIM to mtcwby
ARH headers, 3" exhaust and Magnaflow muffler

Hey everyone,
I got my exhaust done, baseline dyno #'s before pipes were
368 hp and 373 lb.ft. torque. Got the exhaust done and I thought
my car ran good before, it's like night and day. It runs like it's on fire
now, and I haven't even got the tune done yet! Sounds great too!
I'll post the dyno results as soon as the tune is done, probably on Thursday morning. Here's some pics. Check out my new license plates too.
Attached Images

Tags
2012 callaway, 45th anniversary, colorado camaro