Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-12-2007, 01:03 PM   #1
Good53X

Drives: 1988Nissan Pulsar (meh,beater)
All this LS9, LSA, and DI Speculation.

So we really can't know what engine will be going into the Camaro yet, that's all fine and good. But...

We will have a 6.2 liter supercharged engine with an integrated intercooler
produced for the Corvette... LS9.

We will have a 6.2 liter supercharged engine with an integrated intercooler produced for the CTS-V... LSA.

We could have a 6.2 liter supercharged engine with an integrated intercooler produced for the Camaro... LSB? LSZ? LS-zomgwtfpwndarustang?

I just see it that way. I know that both of those vehicles run a notable higher pricetag than that of the Camaro, but I am somewhat confident that the 'top dog' variant will be running a similar price, and deserves a similar engine.

Secondly, there was still speculation as to whether or not the block was Gen V. Now I don't have any insider information, but I saw a post on a Z06 forum talking about the LS9/LSA, and they referred to the GM stock number for the LSA motor...

GMX322 V S/C

Now if GMX322 is the stock number, and S/C means (duh) supercharged, then I was wondering what that little V in the middle meant? It could just be a single digit separator, but I thought maybe - if, by chance, people had missed it - it could be an important hint that the Gen V architecture was coming to the new LS engines (LS3-based engines).

Also, if the Gen V architecture is being added to a supercharged variant of said engines, it's possible that they could throw a non-S/C version of the engine into production for the Camaro. Obviously it would be less impressive, but I would still be happy with it.

Sorry, as most of this has been said before, I just didn't know which thread to go to, and felt like it needed to be said.
Good53X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:42 PM   #2
Dan

Drives: 2004 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good53X View Post
We could have a 6.2 liter supercharged engine with an integrated intercooler produced for the Camaro... LSB? LSZ? LS-zomgwtfpwndarustang?
LS8 if it gets one. A lot of this info stems from this article:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/a-detail...tor-plans.html
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote