Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-31-2013, 09:08 PM   #267
JJKJ

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Fill me in, what happened?
Jeep just released their version of the Pontiac Aztek as the new Cherokee.
JJKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:32 PM   #268
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2017 Explorer Sport
Im ready to buy one of these $65k+ Z28's and actually drive it like it was designed to be driven!!!! WAY TO GO FBODFATHER! Your work is tremendous!
Old 03-31-2013, 09:38 PM   #269
Oldag

Drives: 2013 2SS Convertible, LS3
I'll pass on the new look. Glad I ordered a '13.
Oldag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:40 PM   #270
GRAHL
workaholic

Drives: 69 SS Lemans Blue
i think this is a great opportunity for the aftermarket to kick in. take those tail lights out and install a new assembly. obviously the overall shape wouldn't change, but that's not really the problem i don't think. the new lights could have some depth or character--sawtooth like a '69, or at least individual lights like the new stingray. there's a ton of room for improvement on those tail lights to add some depth and character, and bring it back to a muscular look.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:46 PM   #271
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Scott I DO NOT LIKE THE FLIPPING FLAPPING REAR TAIL LIGHTS, thats it I am done lol

Runs away yelling I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UNCLE SCOTT

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:49 PM   #272
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheveey57 View Post
Right isn't it sickening ? This guy fbod is gonna need a bigger hat for as much as his head has to be growing. Seriously do you guys think he's gonna give the biggest butt kisser a car?
Sad thing is, these are the same guys who only days ago wanted to lynch the tail light designers.

I still say that most of the changes are good but the tail lights ruin it. I don't know of anyone that had a problem with the other lights. That is one of the problems with designers they can never leave well enough alone.
OK - we'll start all over again and give you everything you want.....and as to the rest of the enthusiasts...well, to heck with them.

I don't mean to be brusque - but it appears that you really don't care what I say -- you evidently don't care about the explanation - and you don't seem to care what anyone else says. If YOU don't like what we've done, we're wrong....and if someone says they like it - well then, they're just "kissing butt" -- which, if I was one of the people who said "I like it!" - I'd be very much offended by your 'kissing butt" remark.

Perhaps you really need to look at the bigger picture and realize that AS I SAID SEVERAL TIMES over the past week - no matter what we do, we'll not make everyone happy.

I'm sorry you don't like the new car. Perhaps you will in 6 months. If you don't -- well - I don't know that there's anything we can do about it.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:55 PM   #273
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer21 View Post
Over 1400 people voted in the other poll. You don't even have 200 yet. The other poll was over 900 against vs 500 for. Give it some time dude, before you jump to conclusions.
You have a point. However, how many of the people who voted have actually seen the car in person?

I very much remember unveiling the 2002 35th Anniversary Camaro. The people who saw the car at the unveil for the most part loved it. (....except for one woman who was CERTAIN that we would bring a car out that was exactly like the 1969 Camaro........)

Those on the internet, however, raised Holy Heck........and yet some of those very people ordered one a few weeks later. And - we had people upset that we only built 3,000 for the U.S.

What I'm saying is that I've been down this road. There were polls about the Concept car. There were polls about the SS fascia - There were polls about the first steering wheel in the 2010 - There were polls about the revised steering wheel.............there are polls for our polls. The reality is that every one of the polls I mention had about 50 to 60 percent of the pollsters not liking what they saw. And in almost every case - they'd never seen the car or the component in person.

What I want to see is the responses to those who have seen the various models in person -- the reality is that the sales numbers will tell the real story.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:07 PM   #274
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
You have a point. However, how many of the people who voted have actually seen the car in person?

I very much remember unveiling the 2002 35th Anniversary Camaro. The people who saw the car at the unveil for the most part loved it. (....except for one woman who was CERTAIN that we would bring a car out that was exactly like the 1969 Camaro........)

Those on the internet, however, raised Holy Heck........and yet some of those very people ordered one a few weeks later. And - we had people upset that we only built 3,000 for the U.S.

What I'm saying is that I've been down this road. There were polls about the Concept car. There were polls about the SS fascia - There were polls about the first steering wheel in the 2010 - There were polls about the revised steering wheel.............there are polls for our polls. The reality is that every one of the polls I mention had about 50 to 60 percent of the pollsters not liking what they saw. And in almost every case - they'd never seen the car or the component in person.

What I want to see is the responses to those who have seen the various models in person -- the reality is that the sales numbers will tell the real story.
After your earlier comment about polls I asked Tran to take it down but he hasn't. I believe like you said many will change their minds about it once the actually get to see them if not at first then later. As I told in another thread when the HHR came out in 2006 I didn't care much for it. But within a year I started liking them and ended up buying one. It was a great little vehicle.
I am sure people will come around....
Old 03-31-2013, 11:09 PM   #275
fbodfather

I appreciate your comments of support - but I'm noticing a trend here and I want to make something clear --

I am not the leader of the team. The term "Fbodfather" was bestowed upon me by a group of camaro/firebird enthusiasts wayyyyyyyyy back in 2000 at "Camaros at Carlisle" At the time, the F-car was destined to 'go away' - and a few of us put the word "Hiatus" in the press release in the summer of 2001 - so that you'd know we were hoping to one day bring back our beloved Camaro.

I would be beyond proud to say that I am the 'leader' of all that happens at 'Team Camaro' -

Not even close! I'm not an engineer. I'm not a designer. I'm the voice of the customer and I'm a dyed in the wool Camaro Enthusiast. I'm the historian of Camaro. And.....I'm a thorn in the side of some people.

Al Oppenheiser is the Chief Engineer. He's one passionate guy about anything Camaro. He was intimately involved with the Camaro Concept - and I can't think of anyone better suited to the job......he has been a Camaro enthusiast all his life -- and his family has a history working for GM. This is NOT JUST A JOB to him!

Tom Peters is our Director of Design...........has been a Camaro enthusiast all his life. Loves what he does. He's also on the team that brought you the C7 Stingray.

Cheryl Pilcher - our Product Manager - second generation GM - first car was a Trans Am.......LOVES Camaros. I've worked with Cheryl since late 1996 - and I can tell you that this is one talented Engineer. Some call her "The Queen of the Z06" for a very good reason..........

Mark Stielow -- do I have to say ANYTHING?

The list goes on and on and I hate to post names because there are so many talented people on this team.......and then there are the men and women of our Oshawa Build Team.......they KNOW they are building 'dreams' -- not just 'cars'.....

I am but a very tiny cog in the great group known as "Team Camaro" - and they (believe it or not) tolerate me!

(God Love 'em)

I just want people to know that there are thousands of people who work everyday in the various disciplines within GM to bring you these magnificent Automobiles.

I'm just the guy that comes on here to post. (there are many other members that come on here to listen to what you have to say........)

And for what it's worth? NO other brand spends more time "with" and "listening to" our customers! Not one.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:44 PM   #276
ChevyCowboy
Lining Up!

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS, Summit white, M6,
Send a message via MSN to ChevyCowboy
You guys did a great job on the 2014! dont let the trolls and poepl that hate anything new get you guys! Im still not a fan of the tail lights, but it wouldnt slow me down from signing on the dotted line if I was in market! Keep up the good work. If it makes you feel better Im one of those z/28 purists. Bought an ss due to the fact you said there wouldnt be a z/28, haha now Im wishing I waited you made it exactly as it should be!!

Regards, Zach

EDIT: take back what I said about the tailights, just seen upclose pictures of the rearend and the new tail lights look great compared to the images shown on the prerelease on TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

And for what it's worth? NO other brand spends more time "with" and "listening to" our customers! Not one.
I just wish GM would make more of point listening to there truck customers about what they want, been a few "wants" that are easily obtainablethat we have been asking for for years that they havent addressed. But thanks for not being that way with the Camaro!

Last edited by ChevyCowboy; 03-31-2013 at 11:55 PM.
ChevyCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:59 PM   #277
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI HLK View Post
I was one of the 547 that voted Liked.

When I first joined C5 I was naive to think there was love for all Camaros. My first post stating thank you GM / Chevrolet for making a 300+ HP V6. Then people would call the v6 a girls car. If you the owner didn't like this and made a comment back it was somehow contorted into you have thin skin. I don't know to many people that would like comments that are not constructive. My family taught me if you don't have something constructive to say why state it at all. In our new world consequences for what one writes on the internet isn't there. So as far as the comments go please weed out the bad and listen to the constructive!

Thank you for the 2014 line up!!!!
very well said.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:13 AM   #278
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
My thoughts about all fuss.

If you do not like the 2014 Camaro changes there is nothing wrong with expressing your opinion, even with passion. This should not be a pure fan-boy site. But even so I think the thought police around here are too much like Bambi's mother. There is nothing wrong with spirited debate, it makes life and products more interesting. That is not encouraged or sometimes even allowed here. When ideas are scrubbed clean often the baby does get thrown out with the bath water.

But that being said, those posters calling for people to get fired and personally insulting those who obviously are working hard for us is too much to bear. Those haters are adding worthless dribble not worth reading. They should take their thoughts elsewhere.

We also need to keep in mind that at least some of the negativity is due to the fact that with the 2014 changes, everyone here no longer has the latest and greatest Camaro. That is why any change is resented to some degree. Human nature. We are all molded in so many ways by our society to be good little consumers always wanting the latest and greatest thing. Baaaa.

This is good news for the car industry, as most cars today are very reliable and will last a very long time.

My confession: Adding the Recaro seats to the 1LE makes me want a 2014 really bad. Really bad. And I like the 2014 changes, even the hood vent. Baaaa.

And the Z/28 is way beyond cool. I am putting driving one on my bucket list.

Scott, thanks for clearing up the Z28 and Z/28 thing for me. What a difference a slash makes.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:21 AM   #279
ZWA SS
BowtieBelle's SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
“…..this car should come in at 40K!...” (even though we’ve not discussed price as of yet—and frankly, 40K is as attainable as me being elected as President of the United States……….)
I think we need to explore this president idea. I really want a $40k Z/28.

So far I love the pictures, models offered(wish I could afford high end one, but that's my problem) I hope to check out the new SS and 1LE when they're out. The hood extractor was small at first, but after reading your explanation I like it.
Thanks for the good work and for your explanation.
ZWA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:38 AM   #280
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
About the taillights...

I know why they got changed. Here's the REAL story....

Mustang owners were bitching that the scenery never changed. So Chevy gave the Camaro something new for the Mustangs to look at. Maybe you'd get a better poll result from the Mustang forums about the taillights. They're the ones going to be looking at them most of the time anyway. hahaha. (Sorry my pony car rival brethren, I just HAD to do it. Nothing personal, it's all in fun.)

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote