Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-28-2009, 07:31 AM   #1
Davis

Drives: '10 Black 2SS/RS M6
Exclamation Service Stabilitrak!

So I'm off to work this morning and pulling away from the house the car seems to stutter a bit. I push in the clutch and spin up the engine to see if there's a miss, smooth as ever. So I reengage the clutch and notice something is just not right. Then the DIC comes on with Service Stabilitrak and all the associated lights are lit up on the dash. The three traction control/stabilitrak lights on the right and the engine light on the left.

I only live a short distance from work so I drove on. The shifter was vibrating much more than before on the highway. I'm going to call the dealer after nine when the service manager will be there. I'm just wondering if I should have them come get it on a flat-bed to avoid driving it any further.

I've only had a couple hard launches in the car total. Maybe I'm paranoid reading all the tranny problems with the M6's, but something is wrong somewhere. Just not sure what stabilitrak has to do with it.
Delivered 4/17/2009
Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:34 AM   #2
shevyman

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
wow first i have heard of that. maybe the stability trac system is malfunctioning and messing with the engine.. really i wouldn't know but yeah ask your service manager i mean its under warranty so drive it to them if it gets worse its covered right.
shevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:39 AM   #3
Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by shevyman View Post
... i mean its under warranty so drive it to them if it gets worse its covered right.
Right, I just don't want it to fail and then be stuck on the side of the road waiting for the tow.
Delivered 4/17/2009
Old 07-28-2009, 07:42 AM   #4
MajikMD

Drives: 2SS/RS, 6spd, IOM, blk hockey
If the stabilitrak is engaging improperly, that might explain the jerkiness. It is just a system that can engage a single or multiple brakes at a time to control wheel spin.

The vibrating sounds like it engaging and disengaging. Just like trying to accelerate while pumping your brake pedal really fast.

What does it do if you turn traction control completely off?
MajikMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:45 AM   #5
Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajikMD View Post
What does it do if you turn traction control completely off?
The lights are all on, I pushed/held the button different ways and it did not change. I assume it turned both traction control and stabilitrak off.
Delivered 4/17/2009
Old 07-29-2009, 01:45 PM   #6
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Drives: Raptor
Tow in for sure. Get a loaner car as well. They should drop one where you work if it's fairly close? No telling. Almost sounds electrical although we know about the you know what.
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote