Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 06:57 PM   #43
KarlChev

Drives: Silverado 1500
It's a good thing that we sold almost 500 vehicles last month!

We will be allocated more Camaro's than any other dealership in the midwest, more than likely. If there is a special edition Camaro, we will get a few of them as well.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:17 PM   #44
bcannan354

Drives: 1968 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSNIGHTMARE View Post
Wow, 5k over MSRP, should I bring my own lube, or will u supply ur own?

Thanks Funny CHIT right there.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:27 PM   #45
bcannan354

Drives: 1968 Camaro
HELLO PEOPLE, we are the consumer, we can stop the "premium" on new limited edition Camaro's. If we refuse to pay this "premium" ther won't be one.
I know there will be the people that NEED this car right when it comes out, and they can pay the added cost. If you can wait, you can and will get the price you want. I for one am not going to get lubed nor do I want a reach around just to have the CAMARO first.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:08 PM   #46
KarlChev

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcannan354 View Post
HELLO PEOPLE, we are the consumer, we can stop the "premium" on new limited edition Camaro's. If we refuse to pay this "premium" ther won't be one.
I know there will be the people that NEED this car right when it comes out, and they can pay the added cost. If you can wait, you can and will get the price you want. I for one am not going to get lubed nor do I want a reach around just to have the CAMARO first.
This is a great point. Also, wait until the end of the month, or more importantly, the end of the quarter. Great deals to be had. Every dealer has a "number" to hit. The end of June, we accepted an offer from one of my customers that was a $1700 loss to the dealership. However, that deal put us over our number, and made the dealership around $250k.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:28 PM   #47
aldaron327
Onward and Upward.

Drives: '13 Equinox LTZ AWD,'09 Silverado
Send a message via MSN to aldaron327 Send a message via Yahoo to aldaron327
Meh, I'll order mine through GMS, just like I did in '99. No hidden mark ups or "market adjustments"...
MODS: CAI by CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back, DBA 5000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Front), Hawk HPS Pads, Russell Braided Brake Lines, DBA 4000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Rear), Barton Short-Throw Shifter, UM Comp Extractor Hood & Gen I Spoiler, custom paint
Old 07-10-2008, 08:54 PM   #48
KarlChev

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldaron327 View Post
Meh, I'll order mine through GMS, just like I did in '99. No hidden mark ups or "market adjustments"...
Hidden mark ups? Why is the dealer the bad guy? I didn't know that there was anything wrong with trying to make money.

I guess all the people that sold Wii's and Xbox360's on ebay are the devil too? If you are going to be mad at anyone, be mad at the people who can afford to pay a premium for a premium vehicle.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:10 PM   #49
lafountain

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
It is like I said to the Mazda dealer my wife and I bought her Mazda3 at. I have no problems with the dealership trying to make a profit, it is a business afterall, but I have a problem with them trying to get a whole years profit out of me.

I bought a car, turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?
Old 07-10-2008, 09:45 PM   #50
Dunk31
Instigator

Drives: 93 Z28, 70 Chevelle SS 97 Expo
Location: Kandahar, Afghanistan/St. Louis will always be home though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlChev View Post
Hidden mark ups? Why is the dealer the bad guy? I didn't know that there was anything wrong with trying to make money.
I guess all the people that sold Wii's and Xbox360's on ebay are the devil too? If you are going to be mad at anyone, be mad at the people who can afford to pay a premium for a premium vehicle.
There's nothing wrong with you trying to make money, but what's wrong with the consumer trying to save money?

-Dunk-
Old 07-10-2008, 09:49 PM   #51
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:

So exactly WHY do they have laws against scalping tickets then? I could make loads of money from people who want to pay a premium for them but for some odd reason it's considered illegal!!!
Old 07-10-2008, 10:14 PM   #52
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
So exactly WHY do they have laws against scalping tickets then? I could make loads of money from people who want to pay a premium for them but for some odd reason it's considered illegal!!!

A dealer selling a car - wait, scratch that - refusing to sell a car for less than "X" dollars OVER MSRP - is different from a scalper selling tickets right in front of the gate at Yankee Stadium.

You (dealer) are selling the cars new, untitled, and untill they change the insipid franchise laws in this country, the only way to buy a new car (can't buy directly from GM and pick it up right at the front door of Oshawa Assembly, but boy how I'd love to). A ticket is purchased at face value from the Yankees and being resold privately - same way those Wiis and X-Boxes are auctioned at insane prices on ebay. It would be like the Yankees hiring a department to sell their tickets, paying them to sell their tickets at face value, and making them the only resource for getting your tickets. But then that department decides to add their own fees on top of that, which do not make it back to the Yankees.

If anything, it should be legal for Joe Shmoe to scalp a World Series ticket right in front of the Stadium and illegal for dealers to refuse to sell any of their cars for more than the manufacturer has suggested the retail price is.

Or, at the very minimum, GM should have some fair game practice laws that might stipulate "if you add any fees beyond MSRP and state/county required fees for taxes and registration, we will limit how many cars you get next month".
Old 07-11-2008, 02:49 AM   #53
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
If they offered, I don't see a problem with that. If you asked them to pay 5k more, that's immoral/greedy.

At least thta's how I see it.
You hit the proverbial nail on the head. Very good, Mindz.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:31 AM   #54
aston70

Drives: Me Nutz!! Arrrrgh...
I bought Chicago/STL tickets on stubhub.com (legally promoted by mlb, btw) last month to a sept game already sold out and I have to say that I felt legally scalped. I'm not about to tell my wife we're not going to Wrigley Field (her lifelong dream) because we'll have to pay a premium price for the tickets.

And yeah, all the people that sold Wiis and Xbox360s on ebay are the devil too... When my 3 year old boy couldn't get a diecast Mater for Christmas because greedy bastards bought them all up from walmart to sell on ebay to make a dollar, yeah I have a problem with that...
Old 07-11-2008, 07:19 AM   #55
aldaron327
Onward and Upward.

Drives: '13 Equinox LTZ AWD,'09 Silverado
Send a message via MSN to aldaron327 Send a message via Yahoo to aldaron327
Quote:

Look, there's nothing at all wrong with trying to make money. I wouldn't be mad at anyone for paying extra for a vehicle, either. I'd just feel sorry for them for their lack of common sense and business savvy. I just would rather not have to "wheel and deal" with someone who thinks that they should tack on an extra 5000 bucks for something that's already going to make them a profit. What value are you adding for that 5,000? The car will still depriciate (sp?) when I pull it off your lot and your inflated value won't apply to the blue book value on said car as it accrues mileage, etc. The same thing goes with dealer add-ons like pin-striping and undercoating/paint coating. I've never had a good experience with either undercoating or paint coating and I keep my cars immaculate (just like my Grandpa who worked in paint/body on the Corvette line back in the 60's and 70's taught me). So for me, your 5grand is like a "stupid tax" that you can't apply any REAL value to. Therefore, you're just sticking it to people dumb enough or IMPATIENT enough to pay it. You were 1/2 right about me. I didn't think that people marking up the Wii and 360 on eBay were evil, I just thought the people paying more than store prices for them were out of their minds. I waited 2 years to get my 360 and a year to buy my Wii, hence I didn't pay over store value for either.

I guess to cut it to the chase, if the salesperson in question or the finance manager or the whoever at the dealer wants to be an asshat, I just won't do business with them. Tacking an extra 5 g's onto a car that already is making you a profit to me means you're not too interested in making customers for life. Soo... that leads us back to my first statement: "Meh, I'll order mine through GMS."
MODS: CAI by CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back, DBA 5000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Front), Hawk HPS Pads, Russell Braided Brake Lines, DBA 4000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Rear), Barton Short-Throw Shifter, UM Comp Extractor Hood & Gen I Spoiler, custom paint
Old 07-11-2008, 07:35 AM   #56
Ming

Drives: 2005 Scion Tc
Quote:

Compare a Wii to a Car? Seen the price difference those lately?

Closed Thread