Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-20-2019, 02:58 PM   #1
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Original selling dealer confusion...

I have a question about the original selling dealer on my car.

When I bought my car new back in '15, it still had the GM window sticker attached to the window with the selling dealers name on it, MSRP and all the factory options that it came with.

When I did a VIN search on the car, I found out it was first sent to another dealership, way across the country, after it was first made at the factory in Canada. However, the window sticker on the car lists the selling dealers name, the dealer that I bought it from, on the factory GM window sticker.

What does this mean? Did the first dealer order it from the factory and then decided to dealer trade it to the dealer I eventually bought it from?

My car only had about 3-4 miles on it when I bought it, so I don't think it was used as a demo at the first dealer and then traded to the other dealer or something weird like that. I always thought that the dealer's name listed on the window sticker is the actual dealer that ordered the car from GM.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 08:23 AM   #2
fhrex

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS
your car was probably dealer transferred from the original dealership to the selling dealership. dealers can check new stock inventory of other dealerships when they are looking for a vehicle that they have a sale for. this is fairly common. my car was a dealer transfer as well
Old 06-21-2019, 04:18 PM   #3
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
My Camaro was brought in from another dealer and the sticker has the original dealer's info on it.
The VIN lookup site you used must be wrong.
Old 06-22-2019, 03:16 PM   #4
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Okay, thanks. I didn't know if the dealer can print there own window stickers with their name on it.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote