Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-19-2012, 06:39 AM   #1
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
EAT BETTER

Hey folks, I'm actually kind of embarassed to post this pic, but I put it on my facebook as well. I try not to be vain, and I kinda laugh at flexing pics, but I wanted to show people this because I feel like showing the commitment I made to eating better may hopefully inspire someone else to. 1 year ago today I made a life decision that the food I was eating (and the large quantities of soda and alcohol I was drinking) was bringing me down a path that would likely end in my early demise. I was having stomach issues, I was working out hard but seeing no improvements at all, I just plain didn't feel right, and I needed to change. So last year, today, I stopped eating junk food, stopped drinking soda, stopped drinking beer (well a lot of beer), and completely changed my diet. I didn't follow any plan, I just made sure to eat low sodium, low fat, better for you stuff. I avoided processed foods, stuff with too much preservatives, and I started to eat a lot of nuts, fruit, veggies, etc. I started to cook on my own more, and just make healthier choices when dining out or just at an office party (ie 1 cookie instead of 10). I also started eating a bigger healthier breakfast, and finally I got into High Intensity Interval Training, only 3 days a week. In a year I managed to drop 3 minutes off my best NYC triathlon time, while having done less actual working out than the past 3 years. In the race car my concentration and consistency has increased tremendously, I was having some fatigue problems in the past. The photos on the left are the worst ones I could find of myself, they are from July of last year, the one on the right was taken this evening. Last year's photos I was 158lbs and having major stomach issues, now I am 140 and physically I have never felt better. If you want some hints or tips I would be more than happy to share, and I am prepared for the jokes at posting shirtless pics of myself flexing that are sure to come. But I am proud of what I've done, and I hope some of you who are thinking about a change can see this and make a similar decision (I have some friends that have and I'm very proud of them). Thanks all.
Attached Images

2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:28 AM   #2
hotrodsally
The Legend Lives On

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS SIM
Send a message via Yahoo to hotrodsally
Congrats on your success!!!

Viva Las Vegas!
hotrodsally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:32 AM   #3
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
I've been saying "eat better" since 'nam. Glad to see someone else posting the benefits of actually doing it. There is no excuse for eating like crap and not exercising. Don't take health, and your life, for granted.

Good stuff OP. You can flex with the rest of us!
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:35 AM   #4
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
keep it up and congrats , you should try insanity, I lost 20 lbs my first round, on my second round, its a sick program but works very well
Old 10-19-2012, 08:36 AM   #5
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
congrats man. great results!
Old 10-19-2012, 08:50 AM   #6
scuba264

Drives: Manual 2011 CGM LS
Nice work!

I got into MMA training some 6 months ago and we also do a CrossFit inspired conditioning once a week. CrossFit is a form of high intensity interval training, I recommend looking into it if you're looking for amazing workouts. All very functional stuff, not just pumping iron in the gym.

I got to a point in training and conditioning where I was getting light headed and running out of gas and realized I was at a point where I needed to focus more on nutrition. So important. I'm not anal about it all, but just making a much better effort to eat better. Its not that hard.

Best thing I did was get the MyFitnessPal (they have it for iPhone and Android) http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ Its awesome. You can scan barcodes of what your'e about to eat and it puts it in your daily diary with all the nutritional info. Breaks down your whole day. CHeck it out.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:00 AM   #7
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Congrats on the new physique Rogue Leader!
Old 10-19-2012, 09:00 AM   #8
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
congrats on the new you man. i have actually begun a routine that started earlier this week. hour of walking/sprinting one hour of circuit swimming and one hour of biking. all spread out in the day. i also plan to incorporate dead weight lifting (light weights) and days comminted to strictly body weight exercises

hope it works out.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:25 AM   #9
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Thanks all.

My workouts all consist of body weight exercises. After reading up heavily on them the natural movements seem to be the best thing for you. I have less joint pain now than when I lifted in the past and with better results. My running workouts consist of a lot of intervals (such as 30 min of running, sprint 30 sec, jog 30 sec). Also in all my workouts I do not rest for more than 30 seconds between sets or exercises.

I do take a supplement - Glutamine after workouts. Otherwise the only things I take are a daily multi vitamin, garlic, and fish oil (my dad has had heart and cardiovascular problems so I figure a little prevention can help).
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #10
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #11
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Congrats man
Old 10-19-2012, 02:01 PM   #12
Bonnie
Bonfyre

Drives: C6, 2005 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
Hey folks, I'm actually kind of embarassed to post this pic, but I put it on my facebook as well. I try not to be vain, and I kinda laugh at flexing pics, but I wanted to show people this because I feel like showing the commitment I made to eating better may hopefully inspire someone else to. 1 year ago today I made a life decision that the food I was eating (and the large quantities of soda and alcohol I was drinking) was bringing me down a path that would likely end in my early demise. I was having stomach issues, I was working out hard but seeing no improvements at all, I just plain didn't feel right, and I needed to change. So last year, today, I stopped eating junk food, stopped drinking soda, stopped drinking beer (well a lot of beer), and completely changed my diet. I didn't follow any plan, I just made sure to eat low sodium, low fat, better for you stuff. I avoided processed foods, stuff with too much preservatives, and I started to eat a lot of nuts, fruit, veggies, etc. I started to cook on my own more, and just make healthier choices when dining out or just at an office party (ie 1 cookie instead of 10). I also started eating a bigger healthier breakfast, and finally I got into High Intensity Interval Training, only 3 days a week. In a year I managed to drop 3 minutes off my best NYC triathlon time, while having done less actual working out than the past 3 years. In the race car my concentration and consistency has increased tremendously, I was having some fatigue problems in the past. The photos on the left are the worst ones I could find of myself, they are from July of last year, the one on the right was taken this evening. Last year's photos I was 158lbs and having major stomach issues, now I am 140 and physically I have never felt better. If you want some hints or tips I would be more than happy to share, and I am prepared for the jokes at posting shirtless pics of myself flexing that are sure to come. But I am proud of what I've done, and I hope some of you who are thinking about a change can see this and make a similar decision (I have some friends that have and I'm very proud of them). Thanks all.
Congratulations!!! Job well done!
It takes A LOT of hard work and commitment and all your hard work shows! Don't be embarassed!!! You have worked hard for it and some of us appreciate your results!
Keep going and be strong, you'll only get better!
Old 10-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #13
full of days

Drives: Camaro GT
just ate 4 peanut butter cookies and then clicked on this thread...

Post Tenebras Lux

full of days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:31 PM   #14
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba264 View Post
Nice work!

I got into MMA training some 6 months ago and we also do a CrossFit inspired conditioning once a week. CrossFit is a form of high intensity interval training, I recommend looking into it if you're looking for amazing workouts. All very functional stuff, not just pumping iron in the gym.

I got to a point in training and conditioning where I was getting light headed and running out of gas and realized I was at a point where I needed to focus more on nutrition. So important. I'm not anal about it all, but just making a much better effort to eat better. Its not that hard.

Best thing I did was get the MyFitnessPal (they have it for iPhone and Android) http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ Its awesome. You can scan barcodes of what your'e about to eat and it puts it in your daily diary with all the nutritional info. Breaks down your whole day. CHeck it out.
Everything in this post is excellent.
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote