Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-12-2012, 10:03 PM   #1
1badtie

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
is my clutch ok?

So on my third pass on the dragstrip, as i was attemping to do a small burnout to heat the tires up, i gas it some gas and let off the clutch and the wheels did not spin but the RPM shot up, then i put it in neutral and the clutch stuck to the floor for a moment then came back up. After that the cab reeked of that burnt clutch smell.
i made that last pass and everything seemed fine it just reeked of that smell for a while i stopped and took off lightly a few times even, but seems normal

does everything sounds fine?

2010 2SS RS --- SOLD
MODS-
Performance: BMR trailing arms & bushings | BMR Toe links | X-pipe | Muffler delete | Vmax ported throttle body | Apex "strong" MAS | Vararam CAI | Apex catch can | Kooks Headers | Kooks HF Cats | Dyno tuned by GPI 417 RWHP 409 FT-Lb
Cosmetic: painted Zl1 rockers | Zl1 grill | AAC side markers | AAC LED backup lights | windows tint | taillight tint | JDP tow hook | all emblems blacked out | LED fogs
1badtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:55 AM   #2
DJ_BigC
Rockin' Steady

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
No, nothing sounds fine here, sound like you smoked your clutch. It might not be totally gone, but you may have glazed it over a good bit. The transmission would need to get pulled out and a good inspection of the disc, pressure plate and flywheel would need to be performed.

If it still drives OK, no big deal, keep driving it but by the description above it seems like you smoked it my friend.

2010 Camaro 2SS Black, L99, SLP headers, GMPP axle back, complete JRE tune, 22" Boss 337's, Nitto Invos 5% tint, Eforce Supercharger w. 3" pulley, ADM FPCM, ID850's, JRE fuel rail mod, Eforce CAI, Moroso catch can, spark plug insulators.
DJ_BigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:23 PM   #3
1badtie

drove her today and everything seems fine anybody else wanna give some input?

2010 2SS RS --- SOLD
MODS-
Performance: BMR trailing arms & bushings | BMR Toe links | X-pipe | Muffler delete | Vmax ported throttle body | Apex "strong" MAS | Vararam CAI | Apex catch can | Kooks Headers | Kooks HF Cats | Dyno tuned by GPI 417 RWHP 409 FT-Lb
Cosmetic: painted Zl1 rockers | Zl1 grill | AAC side markers | AAC LED backup lights | windows tint | taillight tint | JDP tow hook | all emblems blacked out | LED fogs
Old 05-14-2012, 09:33 AM   #4
Skyblu

Drives: 2010 Aqua blue 2SS/RS M6
the clutch sticking to the floor is a common problem, mine has done it twice and the dealer claims it is my fault but it isn't if you read some of the other blogs on here it happens to alot of people. Some say it's because the clutch and brake master cylinder are one in the same and it's not a very good combo apparently. I can't believe it happens so ofter to so many but gm and the dealer claim it's the drivers style not the cars fault. B.S
Skyblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:31 PM   #5
1badtie

seems fine now ill go easy on her for a while

2010 2SS RS --- SOLD
MODS-