Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 07-15-2012, 12:03 PM   #85
inferno camaro

Drives: 2010 camaro pace car, 2008 cts bl,
I would not have gone with them as there are alot of shops around and my car is my car and I should not be denied access to anything with it. Its not so much the locking, its the fact it can't be unlocked with out going back completely stock. The only reason I went with them was pick up and delivery that was basicly free because of savings on sales tax, and they said they could do it a little sooner which ended up not being the case. All in all I new the risk except the lock, and I have got them to return it to stock and will move on. Thats really all I was after, just would have been nice to not have to ship the ecm and haul the car to the other shop. They obviously have a high percentage of happy customers, congrats to you and them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
answer this honestly.

if they told you they will lock your tune.

keeping in mind this is when you were set on going to livernois. and you were convinced they would do a great job. would you really have said no thanks?

personally i think you still would have went with them. because for the most people have good results from good shops. so locking would not have matter to you at the time. why would you need to have it unlocked when the tune would be perfect.

and its not like they will not unlock it. your not bond for ever lol.
Mods, 2r max cam, ls3 conv,kooks lt w/hf cats,kooks street sleeper cat back with magnaflow res x-pipe, roto fab cai, v-max TB, vigilante 3700 stall, 3.70 LPE, 442hp/392tq, Mike Norris Tune 11.71@116.24 1.63 60' m&h DR's
inferno camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #86
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSCAMARO View Post
mikeSS I am curious as to how YOU make the determination that the tune is right and that it doesn't warrant being "looked at or touched"?
how does anybody make that determination ?
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:13 PM   #87
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Tuning View Post
So what do you do after you take your car to your favorate shop and the tune is done "right", and the shop goes out of business and sells the tuning interface or stays in business and someone steals/ breaks the interface, or use one of those traveling tuners at your favorate shop and they get into a pissing contest with the traveling tuner and he never returns. All true horror stories.

Its not a good business practice to lock them, but I know shops that do it so you have to go back to them when you want additional work done.

There are better ways to earn business. Just do solid work at a fair price.
www.TampaTuning.com
i mean thats a worst case scenario. and i guess you would be right.

but still my point is i don't think its that big of a deal. and people seem to agree with me because that shop is still in business. in fact does the most work in the state of MI.

at the end of the day is a car. tune it and call it a day. worry about something else in life. and if something happens have the cash ready to go.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote