Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 08-10-2015, 06:48 PM   #71
Tricksta

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace0751 View Post
Adams, I saw your products in action and after seeing the results you have a new customer there goes my wallet.

UPDATE: Just bought one of your kits thanks a lot Adams for breaking the bank LOL just kidding can't wait to get the products.

Same here I dropped 300 at fest at Adams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2015, 06:58 PM   #72
scdude37

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro SS
This was my first fest and I am glad it was close to where I live. I was able to travel to the event in one day and then back home. I know i missed out on some night activities but was not sure exactly how things were going to go. I will say it was fun to see the drag racing and the autocross. I met some cool guys at the car show just from them being near the car and asking them questions. I was a little disappointed in the vendor show up, but I will have to say thankfully Roto-fab was there and hooked me up with a cold air intake and very helpful.

A few suggestions possibly i think that may be helpful as a few others have said, would be to have the car show all together in one spot that is pretty open, then maybe a whole vendors section that people can check out each vendor and kind of compare and see all what is going on. Just from experience at a few other events i have been too.

Thanks again for putting on the event and was awesome to see the new camaro as well.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:11 PM   #73
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam's Polishes View Post
We had a blast again this year... vendor turnout was lower than years past, but didn't stop us from having a great time! Its always a blast to put faces to names and see guys and gals I only see at the fest each year. Being in a new part of the country it was nice to meet some other members in person finally too.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by to say hello and sorry we sold out of so much stuff. We had a LARGE pallet delivered Thursday and all the was left barely filled up the back of a small SUV. You guys spent more with us this year than any year before so that says something! THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR BUSINESS! Anyone who missed out on product or didn't make it to our booth on time we're extending the sale price. Use the code CFEST for show pricing and free shipping on anything you need.

CamaroFest is always a good time no matter where its hosted, you can certainly count us in again for next year, wherever it ends up.

-Dylan
I got mine on Friday! Glad I did as it was flying out of the tent!... Great stuff! Thanks for the CFest discount....

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:18 PM   #74
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
I was laughing because racegirl was getting faster times then half the V8s out there. Great job! I got a couple videos of you and Ruby running down the strip.
racergirl's v6 can move -- and she did a great job driving...

I do believe she did have nitrous -- what, maybe a 75 shot? -- Details!

I'm sure other V6ers would do great on nitrous, or twins, or supercharged...

The V6 is pretty strong for sure...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:50 PM   #75
Linker239

Drives: 2022 WC 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
racergirl's v6 can move -- and she did a great job driving...

I do believe she did have nitrous -- what, maybe a 75 shot? -- Details!

I'm sure other V6ers would do great on nitrous, or twins, or supercharged...

The V6 is pretty strong for sure...

-Don
Yeah she was running a 75 shot I believe, the v6 can move even without the nitrous, I was getting 14.4's consistently in the heat and humidity just on motor, I know they were getting low 13's mid 12's on nitrous. Plus shes a great driver.
2010 VR 1LT RS; Sold

Last edited by Linker239; 08-10-2015 at 08:27 PM.
Linker239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:30 PM   #76
z28-conv

Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Well I don't know where to start. Warning ,this is going to be a long read but maybe an interesting perspective on the fest as a first timer .This was my first fest so I didn't know what to expect and what not. I had a almost 11 hour one way trip to the fest. To make it more interesting I brought my wife ( Not into cars) and my 3-1/2 year old son. I know, I know, everyone is going to say what were you thinking!!

To start off the trip I joined another 14 more Camaroades at 6am on the Pennslyvannia turnpike. That may not seem to be that early considering some of you other guys had much farther to travel. Keep in mind I woke up at 3:30 am to make sure my son and wife would be up in time to MEET the Pennsylvania group about 1-1/2 hours away. This would be the first trip we have made as a family on such a long road trip. I was prepared for a very challenging trip with my son. Well that part of the trip went much better than I had expected Whew!

Something else I decided to do was to install a bra on the front of my car. For the record I do not like car bras. BUT I thought it would be smart to buy one and use it for this almost 700 mile trip to protect the front of the car. Well I know I correctly installed the bra according to the instructions given.

Well the trip started out as a very nice day ,but like most of us we hit torrential downpours between our starting point and Bowling Green. The trip went well considering the rain and a 3-1/2 year old that needed entertaining for 11 hours We made it to Bowling green by 5;30 pm Thursday evening. I was very excited to be there and could not wait for the activities to start. I checked with the hotel a couple of days before the fest to have a hose for us Camaro guys to wash our cars all weekend long. They were more than happy to supply us with a hose and I know all the guys from North? Carolina were very happy. Anyhow I removed the bra from the car that night in preparation of the early morning car wash session I had planned. It wasn't until I started drying the car off completely that I noticed that the bra had left alot of rub marks and scratches ($%^#!*&?!) all over. I was pi--ed as you can imagine.
I was going to enter the car into the car show part of the fest ,but after that,forget it.

I was concerned what would be at the fest for my son. He loves to go to CAMARO shows and was very excited to go ,BUT you can only entertain a kid for so long even if it is a GREAT Camaro show. Well my wife and son got bored after my afternoon Autox experience. All I can say is THANK GOD THERE WAS AN AMUSEMENT/WATERPARK just behind us!! If it wasn't for that I would have been in deep dudu!

As far as me and my first FEST. Well I had a GREAT time!!! There were so many people I wanted to meet ,but between my family and all of the activities there was not enough time to meet everyone. Those that I did meet (Becky, It was a pleasure and it was great to finally meet the one who helped me get through the weeks leading up to the birth of my Camaro ). Maureen, It was also a pleasure meeting you as well. I will call you for some accessories for my car. There was one person that I spoke to from GM for at least an hour about a number of concerns I had about my car. They were extremely helpful and understanding and I thank them very much. Just having the opportunity to talk to them face to face was priceless.

I have been buying Adams products ever since I have purchased my car. I have not used any other product since then. All of their stuff is awesome! The issue i had with the Bra and the resulting damage was brought up when I had the opportunity to talk to Richard @ Adams. He said lets see if Dylan can work his magic. Well he did his magic on the front of the car and I would say about 90% of the damage was gone by the time Dylan was finished. ( Thank you again Dylan). I will be a lifelong customer with Adams.

I signed up to do Autox and drag racing. I did not get over to try my skill at drag racing but i will in the future. I did manage to try out the Autox track. I had never done that before and it was great to see what the car could really do when you pushed it. As a driver it ( ZL1 VERT) pushes your confidence way up when you know the car can take it. One of the people i wanted to meet was Ruby. I was in staging for the autox when i asked a nice lady ( Ruby, but I didn't know that was you until later), Are they giving out a time slip after each run you make? Ruby said yes . I said to her Oh? I didn't know that, she said they can print out all of your times if you want. I would have liked to have formally met you,but that is just another reason i MUST return next year to Camaro Fest.

I also met the infamous RACERGIRL. She is a very nice girl. She talked alot of S--T on the Drag race thread, but she still finished in a very respectful 3rd place and proved her ability to race. Even though she didn't finish first Victoria still has (Victory, more or less) in her name Congrats

I know this is a very long response, but just gives one persons perspective on what I thought was a great event and some of the experiences I had in al little more detail. Next time I will stay at the host hotel to enjoy more of the parking lot parties, Leave the wife and son home for now and experience other aspects of the show that I had missed. Thanks to all who put so much of their free time to help organize such a great event to us Diehard Camaro lovers. Oh and the 6th Gen is badass. Looking forward to a 6th Gen ZL-1 vert in the near future GM.
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:56 PM   #77
racergirl

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS A6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linker239 View Post
Yeah she was running a 75 shot I believe, the v6 can move even without the nitrous, I was getting 14.4's consistently in the heat and humidity just on motor, I know they were getting low 13's mid 12's on nitrous. Plus shes a great driver.
Dawwwww. Thanks

Former Camaro: 2013 2LS
BONE STOCK: 13.953@100.77 With Bolt-Ons: 13.646@101.60
With 75 shot and Bolt-Ons: 12.587@111.25
Performance Mods: CAI Intake, MRT V2, SLP Underdrive Pulley, DRs, Skinnies, Rear seat delete
racergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 09:10 PM   #78
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Ray View Post
First off, Kudos to the Volunteers of c5 and Darby City CC for the Parking Lot Bar That was a GREAT IDEA....

1. The Cost - $20 is simply no where enough for an event of this magnitude. 90% of local shows (NY/NJ/PA) are $20 pre registration (Weeks/Months in advance) and $25 the Day of. C5 fest a 2 day event with Vendors that offer priceless amounts of information. The ability to see and compare over 1000 cars. This is a NATIONAL show...
Each Event/Activity should have been broken up -
Camaro Cross - $75
Drag Racing - $75
Access to Vendor Alley - $60
Adams Show and Shine Car Show- $25
Spectators - $20
Then Some sort of discounts or all day all access pass.

There are 3 types of Fest participants
- Shoppers
- Racers
- Spectators

2. Vendors I can't say this enough ONSITE INSTALLATION. understanding that your there to turn a profit. Bring only products that are quick and easy to install.

AAC Oracle has hundreds of products but they were smart only sold products that were quick to install, side markers, footwell lighting and both days of the events there were customer lined up all day

Jannetty sold and INSTALLED headers...... 3 or 4 installers there doing an EXCELLENT job, because of this they to had to turn customers away.

ACS - Once again Sold and Installed a few easy to Install products and all day there were lines

Phastek - Great Raffle and Great Customer Information many small products, yet there tint was 1/2 the size as it was last year and no installs on there products. I got a great deal on lowering Springs

RotoFab - GREAT Booth, Great Service, Great Products to sell at this type of event, 4 guys had intakes Installed. I purchased a Filter couple other guys purchased fuse box covers

Adams - Another Great Booth, Great Information and Product testing - I spent over $200

CAI - looked for to compare with Rotofab, yet I didn't see there booth not sure if they were there?

Third Shift Studios - Were they there?

Borla - Had a Table with some misc pasts...most of the time no one was present No Installs

Night Owl - Love there products have spent thousands of dollars with them, there booth was nice but nothing was for sale and they weren't doing any installs from what I was told, granted I did not speak with Joe himself there was a woman and a couple of teenagers there most of the time we visited the booth 2 times.

Gen5 DIY - I saw a Truck with a Gen5 DIy sticker - No table, No products a few members asked me about them numerous times not sure what the situation was

Over all it was a GREAT few days Yet many of came with thousands of dollars to spend and went home with most of our cash... TachDout will defiantly be supporting for years to come. As with all things with time things get better. Cant wait till next year.
The Fest that charges for spectators (even at $20 is top end) AND access to vendor alley is the beginning of the end. Especially with lower vendor attendance.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:10 PM   #79
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by racergirl View Post
Dawwwww. Thanks
I was very impressed!

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:30 PM   #80
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
The Fest that charges for spectators (even at $20 is top end) AND access to vendor alley is the beginning of the end. Especially with lower vendor attendance.
Let the participants eat some of the Vendor Costs, then perhaps more will attend and have product on had to install

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 12:04 AM   #81
rdblan2

Drives: 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
Agreed...I can't see paying 20 bucks to walk around and look at a handful of tables. I had fun, and this was my 2nd fest but vendor turnout was terrible. If I had to pay 20 bucks to look at the tables that were there, I would have likely asked for a refund.

Hanging out with good people in the evenings is the best part.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:52 AM   #82
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
If those were the button on bras, should've taken it off when it was raining. I bet all that rain caused the damage, in addition the oil and trans temps went up probably due to not having enough air getting into the engine. I feel bad that your cars got some damaged from the bra though but nothing like a little buff will hopefully get that out. A few of us in our group took ours off after it started raining cause of the temps rising, after taking them off the temps went back down to normal and actually had no chips or damage the rest of the way.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:55 AM   #83
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Ray View Post
First off, Kudos to the Volunteers of c5 and Darby City CC for the Parking Lot Bar That was a GREAT IDEA....

1. The Cost - $20 is simply no where enough for an event of this magnitude. 90% of local shows (NY/NJ/PA) are $20 pre registration (Weeks/Months in advance) and $25 the Day of. C5 fest a 2 day event with Vendors that offer priceless amounts of information. The ability to see and compare over 1000 cars. This is a NATIONAL show...
Each Event/Activity should have been broken up -
Camaro Cross - $75
Drag Racing - $75
Access to Vendor Alley - $60
Adams Show and Shine Car Show- $25
Spectators - $20
Then Some sort of discounts or all day all access pass.

There are 3 types of Fest participants
- Shoppers
- Racers
- Spectators

2. Vendors I can't say this enough ONSITE INSTALLATION. understanding that your there to turn a profit. Bring only products that are quick and easy to install.

AAC Oracle has hundreds of products but they were smart only sold products that were quick to install, side markers, footwell lighting and both days of the events there were customer lined up all day

Jannetty sold and INSTALLED headers...... 3 or 4 installers there doing an EXCELLENT job, because of this they to had to turn customers away.

ACS - Once again Sold and Installed a few easy to Install products and all day there were lines

Phastek - Great Raffle and Great Customer Information many small products, yet there tint was 1/2 the size as it was last year and no installs on there products. I got a great deal on lowering Springs

RotoFab - GREAT Booth, Great Service, Great Products to sell at this type of event, 4 guys had intakes Installed. I purchased a Filter couple other guys purchased fuse box covers

Adams - Another Great Booth, Great Information and Product testing - I spent over $200

CAI - looked for to compare with Rotofab, yet I didn't see there booth not sure if they were there?

Third Shift Studios - Were they there?

Borla - Had a Table with some misc pasts...most of the time no one was present No Installs

Night Owl - Love there products have spent thousands of dollars with them, there booth was nice but nothing was for sale and they weren't doing any installs from what I was told, granted I did not speak with Joe himself there was a woman and a couple of teenagers there most of the time we visited the booth 2 times.

Gen5 DIY - I saw a Truck with a Gen5 DIy sticker - No table, No products a few members asked me about them numerous times not sure what the situation was

Over all it was a GREAT few days Yet many of came with thousands of dollars to spend and went home with most of our cash... TachDout will defiantly be supporting for years to come. As with all things with time things get better. Cant wait till next year.
Thanks for the evaluation of the vendors. We certainly appreciate the positive comments about our booth. Again, the entire Roto-fab team had a great time meeting all of you!
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 10:44 AM   #84
Sapphire

Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition
Hey Hammdo! I do have pictures of Al signing our cars. He was such a great guy to talk to.
Attached Images