Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 09-29-2017, 06:56 PM   #15
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
I take it that it was recovered if you are contemplating fixing...any other body damage other than the window??

Your deal sounds fishy, but it is a special car so could have been stalked by anyone...sorry amigo, that is rough.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:49 PM   #16
Ron66Vette&10SS
Plays with Hot Wheels

Drives: '17 Jet Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrio Andretti View Post
OP said the car was stolen and then wheels were stolen. Very confused!
As am I.
Old 09-30-2017, 12:09 AM   #17
Evolvedx27

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Sir what happened? I don't know. What do you mean you don't know? Someone stole my wallet. I had it in my back pocket in the cab and now it's gone. Oh so you lost your wallet? Yea perhaps I did... but someone stole it.
Evolvedx27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 09:43 AM   #18
lugs

Drives: 2016 camaro 1ss 6sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolvedx27 View Post
Sir what happened? I don't know. What do you mean you don't know? Someone stole my wallet. I had it in my back pocket in the cab and now it's gone. Oh so you lost your wallet? Yea perhaps I did... but someone stole it.
From what i know someone may have bumped your wallet with another wallet and put in in a bay somewhere._.
lugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 10:15 AM   #19
CarFlow1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 (Summit White)
Again, it was stolen - don't get so hung up over the semantics of what constitutes as stolen. The bottom line is, my car wasn't where I parked it the next morning A.K.A. it was "STOLEN" SMH. Anyway, they recovered the car in the same day and I'll know by Monday if the vehicle will be totaled out or if it is fixable. The only damage was rear bumper, driver side glass, shifter, wheels/tires.

Everything else is in tact.
CarFlow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 02:58 PM   #20
seddon

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Sorry to hear, call up onstar, they can track the car.
Old 09-30-2017, 03:37 PM   #21
Zeke.Malvo

Drives: 1969 Mustang MaCh1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarFlow1 View Post
Again, it was stolen - don't get so hung up over the semantics of what constitutes as stolen. The bottom line is, my car wasn't where I parked it the next morning A.K.A. it was "STOLEN" SMH. Anyway, they recovered the car in the same day and I'll know by Monday if the vehicle will be totaled out or if it is fixable. The only damage was rear bumper, driver side glass, shifter, wheels/tires.

The issue wasn't the semantics of what constitutes as stolen (ie crime elements). The issue was that you are terrible at describing what happened.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 09-30-2017, 04:07 PM   #22
CyberGuyPR

Drives: '16 vert 2LT RS NPP
The issue is not semantics, but syntax. The way you structured the message did not convey a clear message.
CyberGuyPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 04:12 PM   #23
Magsz

Drives: 17 1SS 1LE
When it comes to your car being stolen, its either stolen or not.

You described your wheels and tires as having been stolen, not the actual vehicle, ie the registered part with an associated VIN number attached to it.

I would seriously hope that you were better able to articulate your issue to the responding Deputy or Police officer that took the report.

I wish you all the best in the recovery process. My greatest dream at work is being allowed to finally chase stolen vehicles. Unfortunately, they're property and the chase itself poses more of a threat to public safety than the loss of the property. We have insurance for a reason.

Maybe eventually the pendulum will swing and we will be able to take these thieves down in the act.
Magsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 04:27 PM   #24
SoCal Racer

Drives: C4,C6 Z06,Silverado,'17 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarFlow1 View Post

Sorry about this, horrible...does not sound like it will be totaled if those are the only items missing/damaged. These guys are definitely not professionals if that was all that was taken. I would have thought they would have taken the carbon fiber hood, recaro seats, or atleast attempt to take the LT4...

As someone said already I think, good opportunity to upgrade your wheels/tires...positives in a bad situation
SoCal Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 04:43 PM   #25
CarFlow1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberGuyPR View Post
The issue is not semantics, but syntax. The way you structured the message did not convey a clear message.
The issue is you taking the time out to write this. Move along bro
Old 09-30-2017, 04:46 PM   #26
CarFlow1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Racer View Post
Sorry about this, horrible...does not sound like it will be totaled if those are the only items missing/damaged. These guys are definitely not professionals if that was all that was taken. I would have thought they would have taken the carbon fiber hood, recaro seats, or atleast attempt to take the LT4...

As someone said already I think, good opportunity to upgrade your wheels/tires...positives in a bad situation
Exactly man, thanks. Good to see there are some non-assholes on this forum. I spoke to a detective earlier and fortunately, I have some camera footage that should assist
Old 09-30-2017, 04:47 PM   #27
CarFlow1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
When it comes to your car being stolen, its either stolen or not.

You described your wheels and tires as having been stolen, not the actual vehicle, ie the registered part with an associated VIN number attached to it.

I would seriously hope that you were better able to articulate your issue to the responding Deputy or Police officer that took the report.

I wish you all the best in the recovery process. My greatest dream at work is being allowed to finally chase stolen vehicles. Unfortunately, they're property and the chase itself poses more of a threat to public safety than the loss of the property. We have insurance for a reason.

Maybe eventually the pendulum will swing and we will be able to take these thieves down in the act.
Nice speech, I seriously hope that one day you'll be able to combat crime in your local community. The detectives understood and are on it.
Old 09-30-2017, 04:50 PM   #28
CarFlow1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke.Malvo View Post
The issue wasn't the semantics of what constitutes as stolen (ie crime elements). The issue was that you are terrible at describing what happened.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Just like the other guy i responded to, the issue now is you taking the time out to tell me how I should've described something that you ultimately can't do anything about. Either comment positively or move along bro. As long as the detectives understood my story that is all that matters.