Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 03-06-2011, 05:45 PM   #29
BigDan

Drives: bug
That only take's 1 momentary push, turn or pull of a button or lever now days. No hubs to lock for Chevy's, Dodge's and some Ford's.
BigDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:49 PM   #30
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
Post some ET slips to back it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtjackal View Post
say that when you are staring at my taillights

LOL Just kidding, but not all trucks are slow.
It would be most appropriate for the SVT truck guy to post some ET slips to show us how fast or slow his truck is. I ran equal times to an SVT truck at Memphis Motorsport a while back in my 2008 Mustang Bullitt, but that was nothing to brag about. 13.6s all day long...whoo hoo!

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:51 PM   #31
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
That only take's 1 momentary push, turn or pull of a button or lever now days. No hubs to lock for Chevy's, Dodge's and some Ford's.
I know. I was just saying not everyone wants to break their tire rods with boosted 4WD launches.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:10 PM   #32
BigDan

Drives: bug
Ive never owner a Duramax but I have had 3 Dodges and tie rod breakage isn't a problem on those trucks. I've never broken anything during a boosted launch. Even if broken tie rods are a problem most likely the Duramax owner has upgraded them since they already dropped big bucks on their built trans with billet shafts which can take the abuse of a 20 psi 4wd boosted launch.

I do get what you are saying and I wouldn't attempt anything over 5lbs on a stock trans and at that low of a psi it doesn't shock my front end that much so I think the tie rods should be ok during a 5 psi boosted launch but I'm not a Duramax expert.

Have you ever been in a 500whp+ diesel during a 20 psi boosted launch? If not I highly recommend it, its a soooooo much fun and was so worth the price of getting that $700 billet input shaft when I got my DTT auto trans built on my now gone 500whp 99 CTD. Without that shaft I wouldn't of been able to do boosted launches. I never lost to anyone at a red light with that truck.
BigDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:51 PM   #33
08-G35s/6MT

Drives: racecars
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Lightnings are NO JOKE. I raced one with my H/C 98 z28 that had a pulley and some other stuff (the blower was loud as hell) and it was a lot closer than I expected. I am glad I won because I talked a lot of trash before hand lol. (which I dont usually do but this kid was a prick and his daddy bought the truck for him etc)

Lightnings can be very lethal. The truck I raced would have blown the doors off of a stock or lightly modded 4th or 5th gen.

Hey now... Lightnings are that fast stock.... That Lightning is chipped btw.

Cherokee SRT8 eats Lightnings.

GMC Syclone is a tad faster too....
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:52 PM   #34
08-G35s/6MT

Drives: racecars
Quote:
Ive never owner a Duramax but I have had 3 Dodges and tie rod breakage isn't a problem on those trucks. I've never broken anything during a boosted launch. Even if broken tie rods are a problem most likely the Duramax owner has upgraded them since they already dropped big bucks on their built trans with billet shafts which can take the abuse of a 20 psi 4wd boosted launch.

I do get what you are saying and I wouldn't attempt anything over 5lbs on a stock trans and at that low of a psi it doesn't shock my front end that much so I think the tie rods should be ok during a 5 psi boosted launch but I'm not a Duramax expert.

Have you ever been in a 500whp+ diesel during a 20 psi boosted launch? If not I highly recommend it, its a soooooo much fun and was so worth the price of getting that $700 billet input shaft when I got my DTT auto trans built on my now gone 500whp 99 CTD. Without that shaft I wouldn't of been able to do boosted launches. I never lost to anyone at a red light with that truck.
9 second Dodge Ram reg. cab with extended bed. Looks completely stock !

08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:28 AM   #35
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:

Have you ever been in a 500whp+ diesel during a 20 psi boosted launch?
If not I highly recommend it, its a soooooo much fun and was so worth the price of getting that $700 billet input shaft when I got my DTT auto trans built on my now gone 500whp 99 CTD. Without that shaft I wouldn't of been able to do boosted launches. I never lost to anyone at a red light with that truck.
Yes. I'm not sure how much boost my brother used to build up at the line, but he did run low 8s in the 1/8th mile; he figured that it could get into the high 7s without the toolbox and tailgate and a slightly better prepped track. Mods were EFILive, Exhaust, CAI, Fuel Pump, Built Trans, and Tire Rod Sleeves.

Also, I forgot to add that I've only saw my brother get beat once at the red light; that was against me with only a CAI and Tune. Of course, he was only in 2WD and spun like crazy, while I, on the other hand, got one of those rare, perfect launches I guess and just took off! Of course, he did beat get me pretty badly at the track when I basically first raced with the SS. Plus, I don't have proof besides his friend being there, and he has a video of him roasting me at the track. :(

Last edited by a_Username; 03-07-2011 at 05:40 AM.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:01 PM   #36
Darkflow

Drives: 2002 Chevrolet Camaro SS LE
Well you've got Roush (did not look up ratings) & Saleen (rated at 450hp/500tq and supercharged) model trucks out there, so im sure these SVT F150's do exist. Ive yet to see one, what i have seen is a older model F150 that has Cobra badges on the fenders & front grille, SVT badge on the Rear and big 5.4 decal on the rear window. I think the owner did this himself though, the SVT is next to the F150 badge i believe??? I cant really remember right now, havent seen the truck in awhile.

I wouldnt look down on trucks though, there's some pretty fast ones out there.