Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 03-15-2011, 09:58 AM   #29
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Corvette tuner in Tampa. Camaro Tuner in Tampa. GTO Trans Am GM Truck Tuner in Tampa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCamaro5 View Post
So out of curiosity, how is this going to differ from the Trifecta tuning?
Im an HP Tuners guy so I dont know what trifecta offers
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:27 AM   #30
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro

Any update TT?

bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:43 AM   #31
DSX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Tuning View Post
Im curious how your are making your combination richer when you go to spray. I hope you are logging your AFR.
Wet shot... Pretty straight forward.
DSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:18 PM   #32
rhd
dirtbag

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX View Post
Wet shot... Pretty straight forward.
Thats it! There is some people on here spraying as much as a 100 shot with no tune
www.lonestarcamaro.com
rhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:25 PM   #33
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Guys... Lets all be optimistic here and stop nit picking. He is trying to help us have more tuning options which is something we have all wanted. So lets just wait and watch and see what happens.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:28 PM   #34
jeff4946

Drives: 2010 RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Tuning View Post
Im curious how your are making your combination richer when you go to spray. I hope you are logging your AFR.
No, im not logging. The fuel to nitrous ratio is determined through the jetting, and the zex solenoid that ties into you wiring adjusts flow. I adjust nothing. The system does all this for you. I personally wouldnt go with that 100 shot without a retard device. Those pressures start getting pretty high for hitting TDC. I dont wanna be the guy pushing the limits and torching the first gen 5 v6 for 25hp. Ill stay there and start working on torque. Im diggin the info on the 3.73s,and might make a move in that direction next.
K&N Cai, BSR Ported intake, MBRP catback, BBK long tubes, VMax throttle body, 3.73 SS gears, Zex nitrous 125hp shot, window switch, purge,remote bottle opener, bottle heater, Trifecta tune, Hurst short throw, RX catch can, Intake isolator, Ported Intake manifold

Last edited by jeff4946; 03-15-2011 at 02:46 PM.
jeff4946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:29 PM   #35
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgebunny View Post
Guys... Lets all be optimistic here and stop nit picking. He is trying to help us have more tuning options which is something we have all wanted. So lets just wait and watch and see what happens.
We're fortunate to have another tuner in the V6 section. Maybe we'll get results this time.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:21 PM   #36
Edge.128

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
interested to hear more

Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:16 PM   #37
rhd
dirtbag

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
We're fortunate to have another tuner in the V6 section. Maybe we'll get results this time.
results would be nice for a change.............
www.lonestarcamaro.com
rhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:20 PM   #38
willyd

Drives: Victory Red 2011 Chevy Camaro 2LTRS
Quote:

I spent hours on the phone and in emails with everyone from Diablo to EFI live to HP tuners to Trifecta, to even GM themselves because all of your posts got me curious. The fact is, there isn't much hp to gain from the original tune, and if they push the motor results can be damaging to the powertrain. This is what I've been told.......With that said, the more options the better, I just thought you guys would want to know what I found out on the time I spent on this.
willyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:06 PM   #39
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyd View Post
I spent hours on the phone and in emails with everyone from Diablo to EFI live to HP tuners to Trifecta, to even GM themselves because all of your posts got me curious. The fact is, there isn't much hp to gain from the original tune, and if they push the motor results can be damaging to the powertrain. This is what I've been told.......With that said, the more options the better, I just thought you guys would want to know what I found out on the time I spent on this.
Alot of tuners just don't understand us V6 camaro owners. You are correct. There isn't alot of HP to be gained from a stock engine. But most of us looking for tunes have headers, intakes, throttle body spacers, and nos kits and in that case there is some to be gained, if not alot. But we aren't expecting 50hp gain. 15-25 would be WONDERFUL! I'm about to get a torque converter, and I need a tune. And even if there isn't much to gain I would still like options. And always you have to pay to play, there is always a risk when you modify your car.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:25 PM   #40
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Quote:
Alot of tuners just don't understand us V6 camaro owners. You are correct. There isn't alot of HP to be gained from a stock engine. But most of us looking for tunes have headers, intakes, throttle body spacers, and nos kits and in that case there is some to be gained, if not alot. But we aren't expecting 50hp gain. 15-25 would be WONDERFUL! I'm about to get a torque converter, and I need a tune. And even if there isn't much to gain I would still like options. And always you have to pay to play, there is always a risk when you modify your car.
I think bunny is picking up some slack for scrming. You go girl!

GMPP exhaust/JBA shorties/Vararam CAI/VMax TB/SLP Pulley/VMax IM isolator/MACE Ported IM +Plenum Spacer/IPF Tuned
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:27 PM   #41
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 GTO View Post
I think bunny is picking up some slack for scrming. You go girl!
I love me some V6 camaro. But I learned from the best!
Old 03-15-2011, 06:09 PM   #42
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Quote:
If we get a tune to get the maximum out of header, exhaust, intake or whatever, than isnt that something thats already being done by like vince at trifecta? Like what would be really new about that? I can go down the road to our local tuner and probably get things corrected on a dyno to get maximum horses out of whatever setup I will have.
I mean having your shift points maximized, correcting your a/f, making your shift firmer or looser, etc.. thats nothing new.
If thats where tampa tuning is headed than I am really not surprised to be honest, and vince can probably do all that and even better since he's been doing it since day one which mean more experience specifically for our v6 LLT.
What I want to know is, can there be a way to give us more power safely even if is only 15-20hp on a stock car? so when time comes to tune for additional mod we can see gains worth paying hundreds of dollars to these tuners. Right now I really can't see paying 400 to firm up my shifts, raise mph, turn off the light, or to even maximize additional mods unless theres lots of hp/tq that can be made.
Some peoples say that its worth or a must to have a tune if you have a header and intake and exhaust but how much extra horses are we really talking about that we are leaving on the table for the tune?
So unless there's someone who can figure out a way to give us more horse power gain on a stock v6 LLT, I just dont think there's a future for a tune for our v6 until we really need a tune for a turbo or supercharger. Thats just my opinion.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote