Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-29-2011, 03:26 PM   #1
Stainless Works

Drives: Fast
Stainless Works Catback Exhaust Differences

All Stainless Works catbacks are 100% 304L Stainless Steel and made in the USA. For the Camaro SS, each catback will be 3”, include an X-pipe, three different muffler options, and have polished stainless tips. Each system will be drone free and give you the sound you want, whether you want a pure-evil-aggressive sound, or a nice mellow sound until you step on it. As we do with the headers, we have a factory Connect and a performance connect systems. Before I go into part #s and the difference, let’s take a moment to look at our muffler options. As mentioned we offer three different mufflers.

Our first muffler choice is our S-tube turbo muffler. This muffler is a straight through design. It is designed to flow the best out of our turbo mufflers. Being that it’s a straight through design, it is also the more aggressive muffler. This muffler is absolutely perfect for a car with stock manifolds. It will give you a nice growl at idle and at cruising speeds, and really open up to provide that nice muscle car sound when you accelerate. It comes standard on part # CA10CB. If you have long tube headers, this may be too aggressive for you. It’s the same set up that is on Tag’s car. The s-tubes have proven to show more HP than our chambered turbo mufflers, but it’s marginal at best.

Our second muffler choice is our chambered turbo muffler. This is a mellow muffler at idle and cruising speeds, but really opens up when you accelerate. I would not recommend this muffler if you have stock manifolds. I only recommend this muffler for guys running long tube headers. It has just the right sound for header cars. It is also drone free. It comes standard on part # CA10CBL.

Our last muffler is the one that comes standard on our Retro catback, part # CA11CB. This is personally our favorite exhaust! The muffler looks like a straight tube, and a lot of people mistake it as a muffler delete. The body of the muffler is crimped on the outside which provides internal chambered. The inner core of the muffler is a straight through design which provides excellent flow and one hell of a sound. This system isn’t much louder than our S-tube mufflers, however its much deeper. We just recently installed a the CA11CB with CA11HDRCAT and it sounded wicked! I will post a video once our video editor is done.

Stainless Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:26 PM   #2
Stainless Works

Our factory connect catbacks hook up to the factory connection point, which necks down to 2.5” and uses the factory wide band clamp. After the factory connection point, it’s a full 3” exhaust with an X-pipe. We offer this in three different muffler configurations as stated above.

Part # CA10CB – S-tube turbo mufflers, 4” polished slash cut tips – for use with factory manifolds or if you want a wicked sound with long tube headers!!
Part # CA10CBC – Chambered turbo mufflers, 4” polished slash cut tips, for use with long tube headers to give you a deep muscle car sound!!

Part # CA11CB – Retro chambered mufflers – 4” Polished slash cut tips – for use with factory manifolds or if you want a crazy wicked sound with long tube headers!!

Last edited by Stainless Works; 07-11-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:27 PM   #3
Stainless Works

Our performance connect exhaust was designed to work with our performance connect headers (click here to see performance connect headers.) This is a complete 3” exhaust that does not neck down to 2.5” and includes an X-pipe.

Part # CA10CBL - Chambered turbo mufflers, 4” polished slash cut tips, for use with our long tube headers to give you a deep muscle car sound!!
Part # CA10CBL-LMF - S-tube turbo mufflers, 4” polished slash cut tips – for use with our long tube headers for a wicked sound!!

Performance Connect Chambered

Performance Connect with S-tubes (tags car)

Old 04-29-2011, 03:32 PM   #4
Stainless Works

So how about the guys (or ladies : ) ) with factory ground effects? We have you covered with an awesome looking polished dual outlet tip that looks killer in the factory ground effects.

If you need to order the tips, we can substitute them on any cat back system, just add GRDFX to the end of the catback part #.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:34 PM   #5
Stainless Works

Lastly, we aren’t letting the new convertibles hang out to dry , so harness the full potential of your V8 Convertible with one of our 3-inch exhaust using our new Underbody Brace Kit. Other companies offer Camaro V8 Convertible systems, but limit the size to 2-1/2 inches. At Stainless Works, power and performance comes first, which is why we developed our new Underbody Brace Kit.

Part # CA11CONVKIT

http://www.youtube.com/stainlesswork.../0/o3T4UDjVJHU
Old 04-29-2011, 03:47 PM   #6
Fishdadddy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS ; 1970 Firebird Formula
Do you have the retro chambered in a axle back for the V8?
Fishdadddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 04:06 PM   #7
JHL88

Drives: 02 z06
awesome, thanks for posting!
2002 torch redc5z06 - sold :(
'13 z71 4x4 - DD

www.fquick.com/JHL88
JHL88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:09 AM   #8
Fishdadddy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS ; 1970 Firebird Formula
I guess no answer means NO??
Fishdadddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:44 PM   #9
bthomp01

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
Glad I found this thread, Tag's car sounds AMAZING, makes my exhaust dilemma a (mostly) easy choice.

I have a couple of questions: I have the factory ground effects and want a squared off tip, I love the one from MBPR which fits over a 3" pipe. I know you have the duals but I'd rather have the squared off, is it possible to order a catback without tips?

There's also two of the s-tube catbacks available, one designed for the SW headers and one for the stock headers. I plan on starting with a catback and doing headers/cats later (not sure on SW, Tag's car sounds awesome but might be a bit much for me). Which one should I get?
bthomp01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:52 AM   #10
Stainless Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishdadddy View Post
Do you have the retro chambered in a axle back for the V8?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishdadddy View Post
I guess no answer means NO??
Sorry, My thread notification never notified me of a response.

Unfortunately we do not offer it in just an axle back.

Thanks
-Anthony
Old 05-05-2011, 08:08 AM   #11
Stainless Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomp01 View Post
Glad I found this thread, Tag's car sounds AMAZING, makes my exhaust dilemma a (mostly) easy choice.

I have a couple of questions: I have the factory ground effects and want a squared off tip, I love the one from MBPR which fits over a 3" pipe. I know you have the duals but I'd rather have the squared off, is it possible to order a catback without tips?

There's also two of the s-tube catbacks available, one designed for the SW headers and one for the stock headers. I plan on starting with a catback and doing headers/cats later (not sure on SW, Tag's car sounds awesome but might be a bit much for me). Which one should I get?
Unfortunately we wouldnt be able to sell the kit without the tips. You can always sell off the tips or use them on another project.

You would want to use part # CA10CB which will bolt up to the factory connection point. Any aftermarket header will bolt to that catback.

Thanks!
-Anthony
Old 05-05-2011, 01:57 PM   #12
bthomp01

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainless Works View Post
Unfortunately we wouldnt be able to sell the kit without the tips. You can always sell off the tips or use them on another project.

You would want to use part # CA10CB which will bolt up to the factory connection point. Any aftermarket header will bolt to that catback.

Thanks!
-Anthony
Excellent, thanks for that! I'll be getting on this in the very near future... as for the tips, are they clamped on or welded? Would I need to cut them off or just remove them?
bthomp01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:09 PM   #13
bojangles37

Drives: 2010 blk ss
how much louder would the retro catback be if you took out the first chambered muffler after the x-pipe
bojangles37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:20 PM   #14
Stainless Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomp01 View Post
Excellent, thanks for that! I'll be getting on this in the very near future... as for the tips, are they clamped on or welded? Would I need to cut them off or just remove them?
They are a bolt on - no welding required,

Thanks
-Anthony