Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-07-2012, 11:34 PM   #29
slickmetal

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1 A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Hereis the link to my install of the Stainless Power headers on my 2011 L99, can't tell you about the AFM cause we did a custom dyno tune on her and disabled it. But the fit an finish was superb, no issues, the welds all looked good and the clearences were excellent. These headers looked better than some of the Hookers, Heddman, and Doug Thorleys I had on my old school cars. The sound with my Magna flow Xpipe and the Pypes Pypebomb axle back is awesome, just what I was looking for. And thanks to Erik and Josh at Lashway I am a really HAPPY Camaro owner now. Go and get you some, you will not be dissapointed..
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259786
Thanks for the insight..I had whats in my sig block on my 2011...I didn't have a axle back exhaust, but replaced the stock resonator and chopped the mufflers...it sounded great but, you know I had some drone on the hwy. The cold starts in the garage were enough to wake the street though. I did have the AFM tuned out at that point as well. I just wondering how these headers acted with it still on, which more than likely would be annoying as any of the rest.
- 2013 Black ZL1 - A6 - Lingenfelter/Cordes Stage 2.5 packages E85 - FORE Fuel System - Kooks LTHs - Magnaflow Cans - Rotofab CAI/Big Gulp/Coolant Tank - Savini 3pc Forged - Underhood Dress Up (ACC & Drake & Moroso) - Hurst Shifter Kit - Custom Audio w/ JL Audio Sub/Amp/Stealthbox - Hand Polished Brace - Oracle Ghost Sidemarkers - LEDs everywhere - 624/617 on E85 & 545/548 on 91 (Sept 2015) - 693rwhp (Dec 15)
slickmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:36 PM   #30
slickmetal

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1 A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Red_SS View Post
I just had these installed on my L99, however, I have the AFM disabled with a tune. They sound awesome with my Solo Mach XL catback but now I have to get the P1133 and P1153 codes diagnosed and corrected because I should have only gotten one code after installation with the high flow cats. Awesome sound, no drone, but DTCs.
Thanks for your input too. Well those codes need to be tuned out, even if you have HFCs. I think I remember testing mine after my LTs, and it threw a few times.
- 2013 Black ZL1 - A6 - Lingenfelter/Cordes Stage 2.5 packages E85 - FORE Fuel System - Kooks LTHs - Magnaflow Cans - Rotofab CAI/Big Gulp/Coolant Tank - Savini 3pc Forged - Underhood Dress Up (ACC & Drake & Moroso) - Hurst Shifter Kit - Custom Audio w/ JL Audio Sub/Amp/Stealthbox - Hand Polished Brace - Oracle Ghost Sidemarkers - LEDs everywhere - 624/617 on E85 & 545/548 on 91 (Sept 2015) - 693rwhp (Dec 15)
slickmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #31
Crystal_Red_SS

Drives: 2012 Crystal Red Tintcoat 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickmetal View Post
Thanks for your input too. Well those codes need to be tuned out, even if you have HFCs. I think I remember testing mine after my LTs, and it threw a few times.
Just waiting on my Blackbear Performance tune to be updated due to the install of the LT headers and high flow cats. I agree with most of the posters on here that still have the big smile on their face when punching the accelerator. Awesome sound, no drone and big smile.

Custom Grind Cam 222int 230exh .601"/.608 116*+4, TSP 25% UD Pulley w/ ACC Serpentine Belt, 160* Thermostat, Melling High Pressure Oil Pump,LS3 Conversion,C5R Timing Chain,Amzoil ZROD 10W30,NGK TR6 Spark Plugs, Professional Stage II Cylinder Head Porting Service (360+ CFM), Install by 510 Race Engineering
445 RWHP, 419 ft/lb tq
Crystal_Red_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:34 PM   #32
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Yep, gotta love them. Had a couple of police officers at 1 of our car shows last night come over some time after I arrived and had to check out my car, the said it "sounded awesome", I told them what I had and that I would be a good boy and keep it downand they smiled and said "no need, you're good with us", sounds amazing, so here comes the big ole grin again.Those codes you are getting are from the rear O2's still being on I think is what I was told.They can be cleared but will come back if the O2's are not tuned out,you shouldn't have any codes at all if the tune is correct..Good luck.
1JEWLDSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:20 PM   #33
Jcm

Drives: 2011 ss
I have the powerworks LTs, high flows,and 3"pipes all the way with the 4 chambered little mufflers, with a tune. It sounds awesome,big time power increase, no Afm.they tuned out the two rear o2s. Thanks to viper pit,in Thomasville ga. Very happy after 9 months. 2011 ss L 99..

Last edited by Jcm; 12-15-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Jcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:11 AM   #34
Missile Man

Drives: 2010 2SS/Black
Issue

I just installed the Stainless Power. It's an easy install. I did have 2 issues.

1. The bolts that came with the kit are crap. The heads rounded as they were being installed. I have 2 that I can't remove with a socket.

2. The headers interfere with the the oil dip stick tube mounting bracket.

These are issues I came accross, but overall it's a good deal.

Mods:
* CAI Intake
* Magnuson MP2300 TVS Supercharger/RDS Spacer
* Vector Motorsports Tune
* Stainless Power LT/Hi Flow Cats/Tru X-* Pipe/36" J-Pipes/40 Series
* R1 Concepts ceramic pads and slotted/drilled rotors
Missile Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:43 PM   #35
LS3 SS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missile Man View Post
I just installed the Stainless Power. It's an easy install. I did have 2 issues.

1. The bolts that came with the kit are crap. The heads rounded as they were being installed. I have 2 that I can't remove with a socket.

2. The headers interfere with the the oil dip stick tube mounting bracket.

These are issues I came accross, but overall it's a good deal.

1. Do NOT use the bolts they supply you with the kit, either use your OEM bolts, Stage 8 Locking header bolts, or ARP Header studs (if you want to avoid breaking a bolt, not necessary though).

2. You need to take a cut off wheel or a grinder, and grind down the portion of the dipstick tube bracket that interferes with the header flange.

Did you use your factory gaskets?
LS3 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:47 PM   #36
Missile Man

Drives: 2010 2SS/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3 SS View Post

1. Do NOT use the bolts they supply you with the kit, either use your OEM bolts, Stage 8 Locking header bolts, or ARP Header studs (if you want to avoid breaking a bolt, not necessary though).

2. You need to take a cut off wheel or a grinder, and grind down the portion of the dipstick tube bracket that interferes with the header flange.

Did you use your factory gaskets?

I got in a rush and used the felpro I purchased. I see an exhaust leak close to where the rounded header bolt is. Don't know if it's the gasket or the bolt....... So it looks like I'll have to remove the rounded bolts and replace the gaskets on both sides with factory. Live and learn.

Mods:
* CAI Intake
* Magnuson MP2300 TVS Supercharger/RDS Spacer
* Vector Motorsports Tune
* Stainless Power LT/Hi Flow Cats/Tru X-* Pipe/36" J-Pipes/40 Series
* R1 Concepts ceramic pads and slotted/drilled rotors
Missile Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:22 PM   #37
LS3 SS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missile Man View Post
I got in a rush and used the felpro I purchased. I see an exhaust leak close to where the rounded header bolt is. Don't know if it's the gasket or the bolt....... So it looks like I'll have to remove the rounded bolts and replace the gaskets on both sides with factory. Live and learn.
I understand, but for the plethora of information on this website, all of those install issues could have definitely been avoided. Best of luck!
LS3 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:37 PM   #38
catalan

Drives: -
I have those on the way delivered. My main worry is whether the High Flow Cats will be okay with my Maggie and Cam installed on my Camaro ..

Your feedback is appreciated.
catalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 08:40 AM   #39
RobsCountach

Drives: '17 LT 2.0T AUTO
I know, old thread... Do these require extensions for the 02 sensors ? I assume there's 4 sensors in the exhaust.
RobsCountach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:07 AM   #40
Stainless Works

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobsCountach View Post
I know, old thread... Do these require extensions for the 02 sensors ? I assume there's 4 sensors in the exhaust.

These Kits come with everything needed.

Bolt, o2 Extensions, RTV for Gasket Making, and Clamps.

Everything needed will be included.
Stainless Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:53 AM   #41
RobsCountach

Drives: '17 LT 2.0T AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainless Works View Post
These Kits come with everything needed.

Bolt, o2 Extensions, RTV for Gasket Making, and Clamps.

Everything needed will be included.
Is the RTV used for the manifold? Typically they're metal.
RobsCountach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:56 AM   #42
Stainless Works

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobsCountach View Post
Is the RTV used for the manifold? Typically they're metal.

The Rtv is used as a Gasket maker. Place some on the Header(Where it mates to the Head) and let it Tack up(Typically a few Minutes) and then fasten the header to the head.
Stainless Works is offline   Reply With Quote