Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-20-2010, 05:13 PM   #1
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
How many people here considered getting a mustang before the Camaro concept came out?

I remember when i saw the 2004 mustang concept I really wanted one since it looked better than the 90's mustangs. I loved trans ams but after 02 the f bodies were gone and the mustang was the last guy left. I was just happy to see a retro looking muscle car...

then the actual production car came out and it lost all the aggressive styling and its good looks...for a while i tried to convince myself that it still looked good and thought you know the saleen versions look a little better ...

then of course the challenger concept was announced and I immediately said...screw the mustang this thing actually looks like an actual muscle car...(no offense stang fans)....

I remember randomly trying to find news on a possible camaro remake around 05 or 06 and seeing that drawing of the camaro that kid made and thought man that would be sweet...but i guess the car to get was the challenger...

Until of course came on my aol news link...the camaro concept coming out in full glory and how it was able to mesh modern aesthetics and with retro features and just did it so much better than the mustang and the challenger...it made the challenger look like a boat and ever since then...i'm 95% certain that the camaro will be my next car

but it was tough to have to possibly have to settle for the mustang

Thank God for the Chevy Camaro!
Old 05-20-2010, 05:17 PM   #2
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
I had a Mustang prior to my Camaro and initially was looking at a 2010. Honestly I probably would have bought one if it wasn't for the horrible massacre they did to the back of the car. In hindsight I am so glad I didn't get it not only because I love my Camaro but because I woulda been sooooooo pissed buying the 2010 and seeing the new engines in the 2011s.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:27 PM   #3
rawj7
U.S. ARMY Aviation Mech

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS 6 Speed
My dream car has allways been a GT500. Though there to rich for me. But now I have this car I have no regrets
Old 05-20-2010, 05:28 PM   #4
Camaro DNA

Drives: 2010 2LT RS USA1
in 2000 I looked at a brand new SS Convertible and a girl I was friends with had just gotten a job at a Ford dealership so she said she could get me a great deal on a Mustang. I told her I was looking at the SS so I'd want at least a Cobra convertible she was quoting me prices that were almost half of what the Camaro SS was, so she had my interest.
Her dealership was in the next county over so I went to the local dealership to take a peek at them. They had a Saleen on the lot that I liked better than any of the others I'd looked at so I would have asked her to see what she could do for me if I wanted that one... a friend of mine owned a Mustang, so when he heard I was considering a Mustang, he offered me a test drive in his. I was not at all impressed.
I went back to the Chevy dealership & asked why the Mustang was half the price... Without blinking, they replied because it's half the car.
They had just gotten in a used 95 Z28 Convertible & that was MUCH less expensive than the brand new 2000 SS... so I ended up buying that & driving it until Oct 09 when I traded it in on the 2010.
Camaro DNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:29 PM   #5
rdblan2

Drives: 2SS RS
Camaro is my first GM product I've owned. I always looked at the mustangs and thought, "There's one of those on every corner."

Seems like every fat early 20's girl drives a mustang. The older ones are awesome looking though.
rdblan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:35 PM   #6
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
yep..almost, just couldn't get passed that rear end..glad I didn't now.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:35 PM   #7
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I bought an 2005 mustang GT new,convert, yellow with a black top, manual ,with foose nitrous 20'' chrome, slp loud mouth and a supercharger. I saw the camaro and the mustang went down the road counting insulators.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:41 PM   #8
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
Great stories and past insight...i like reading stuff like this

Although i will say the boss mustangs of the late 60's and early 70's were nice and the mach's

but thats about it...the 90's stangs and 2005 and ups are ok looking for what it is ...and the front of the 2011 looks great but the rear kills the stance of the car
Old 05-20-2010, 05:58 PM   #9
Maa107
Someone give me a Camaro!

Drives: '09HHR
Man I've been wanting a mustang since I was a little kid...but now that I've seen the Camaro I'm extremely obsessedwith it, literally i think i have annoyed my family co-workers and friends with this car haha i cant wait to order, better yet to recieve it!
Old 05-20-2010, 05:59 PM   #10
Forgottenalarm

Drives: Chevy Colorado
i was always partial to the 5.0's of the early 90s.
Forgottenalarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:02 PM   #11
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Drives: S.I.M. SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydude26 View Post
I remember when i saw the 2004 mustang concept I really wanted one since it looked better than the 90's mustangs. I loved trans ams but after 02 the f bodies were gone and the mustang was the last guy left. I was just happy to see a retro looking muscle car...

then the actual production car came out and it lost all the aggressive styling and its good looks...for a while i tried to convince myself that it still looked good and thought you know the saleen versions look a little better ...

then of course the challenger concept was announced and I immediately said...screw the mustang this thing actually looks like an actual muscle car...(no offense stang fans)....

I remember randomly trying to find news on a possible camaro remake around 05 or 06 and seeing that drawing of the camaro that kid made and thought man that would be sweet...but i guess the car to get was the challenger...

Until of course came on my aol news link...the camaro concept coming out in full glory and how it was able to mesh modern aesthetics and with retro features and just did it so much better than the mustang and the challenger...it made the challenger look like a boat and ever since then...i'm 95% certain that the camaro will be my next car

but it was tough to have to possibly have to settle for the mustang

Thank God for the Chevy Camaro!
Before I got my car I wanted an Infiniti G37(s), but they were asking for a ton down, so I was like screw it. Not once did I ever consider the Ford Mustang lol,....to me it was just too ugly, all-around. So I chose to just save my money some more,....until I saw the new Camaro. And I was like omfg-jesus, I want that car! If I couldn't get a Camaro, I would have saved until I could have afforded a vette; roughly 7 more months of saving if I chose to not get the Camaro.
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
**Result**: 465rwhp/ 447rwtq. Satisfied.
Mr CLuTcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:04 PM   #12
Soundwave

Drives: Camaro SS(2)/RS
I considered every car before buying my Camaro. On face value alone, the Camaro was my LEAST favorite until I drove it. I wanted a SRT8 Challenger forever, but knew that it was wise to try EVERYTHING just in case...even the Mustang.

After it was all said and done, the Camaro stood out the most.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:06 PM   #13
Maa107
Someone give me a Camaro!

Drives: '09HHR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
I considered every car before buying my Camaro. On face value alone, the Camaro was my LEAST favorite until I drove it. I wanted a SRT8 Challenger forever, but knew that it was wise to try EVERYTHING just in case...even the Mustang.

After it was all said and done, the Camaro stood out the most.
exactly what im gonna do this summer to decide even though i have my heart set on the Camaro
Old 05-20-2010, 06:07 PM   #14
jtzako

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
I dont have a problem with Mustangs, they are great cars, but I wouldnt buy one. I have yet to see one with the style I would like.(especially the current rear end style)
jtzako is offline   Reply With Quote