Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-25-2010, 06:31 PM   #1
fieldgoal00
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
Exclamation HELP $1000 Fraudulant sale

Hey guys,
StrykersG8 posted a thread for some ARH 1 7/8" headers in the for sale section the other day and he was only asking $1000 because he needed the money quick. So I pm'd him throughout the day today and after chatting back and forth I sent him money through paypal for $1000.00. The minute I sent the money to him he stop answering my PM's and I am stuck with no money because paypal will not help me because I sent it as a personal fund so he didn't incur the 3% charge on the money.
My wife also got on here on her name after I paid him and she asked him if they were still for sale and he PM'd her back and said yes they were. This threw up a red flag.
I found he was a member on GRRRR8.NET as well so I checked on there and he is selling stuff on there as well. Well I found one person that bought something from him and they said that they did receive it and his reason for selling him the exhaust he got was because he needed money. He concurred that the guys real name is that same guy that I sent money to and that the guy lived in Arizona. That was another red flag because the guy told me he would be shipping them from Seattle,WA.
However, since I've been searching all day, I've been able to find pictures of other items he was selling on GRRRR8.NET with his screen name in the picture with the items he was selling in the same photobucket account that the picture of the headers was in that he sent me. So I've printed out pictures of his photobucket pictures showing his car and license plate, the items he was selling with his screen name in the pictures and also all the threads he has posted showing the same pictures in them. This way I can link both of the screen names (camaro5 and grrrr8.net) together along with the same photobucket account and with the car in the pictures.
I also found a post where he posted his zip code for shipping purposes, so my wife and I now have his address, phone number and everything we need to know to go to the AZ police and file a police report. I am willing to let it drop if he will just send us our money back.
Anyone fellow Camaro5 members in Arizona wanna help find this guy and get our money back?
fieldgoal00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:39 PM   #2
camaro guy

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
this is a common but unfortunate scam. due to the many different jurisdictions involved in this case, i hate to tell you that your money is gone and he got away with it. my dept has tried many ebay scams and all were hopeless. good luck and sorry you got scammed. happens to the best of us. good idea to warn others about this.
camaro guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:44 PM   #3
WhoDat24
Geaux Saints Geaux

Drives: Bumblebee. 2SS/RS (#88**)
Stuff like this is all over craigslist. After my experience with trying to get Saints tickets off of there, I won't think about buying anything from anyone without a phone number or some kind of attaching information. Gotta be careful bro. People like this stryker guy have been doing this for a long time. They know what they're doing. I'm sure he'll tell the next person in line he needs the money ASAP.

Hopefully you get your $1000 returned or a fresh set of headers.

WhoDat24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:45 PM   #4
Bmacs

Drives: 2ss/rs Black on Black & BadAss C10
go to the tucson link and ask for help. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38595
Bmacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:56 PM   #5
future2010camaroowner
Still learning

Drives: none yet
Good luck! If he indeed scammed you, don't let him off the hook.

Last edited by future2010camaroowner; 06-25-2010 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Not jumping to conclusions.
future2010camaroowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:01 PM   #6
McBeevee
220/221 whatever it takes

Drives: See sig....
Damn, there's gotta be someone in Az. that can pay this little prick a visit. If I was closer, I'd make a road trip for you. I hope things work out for ya.

2022 BMW X5 M50i
2022 Ram TRX
2021 GT500 CFHP
2016 Challenger Hellcat A8 1058whp/898wtq
1970 Chevelle SS396 4spd
McBeevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:06 PM   #7
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I see this StrykersG8 guy is offering to sell stuff throughout the members classified area like here:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90401
(see post 3).
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:08 PM   #8
NVMYSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
I'm in DC but good job dude. That's some serious internet stalking in a short amount of time. I'm sure once you put the pressure on him he will crack and give you the money back.

*Personally, I'd just go to the cops*
Thanks, the internet stalking is my skill! My husband (fieldgoal00) is still learning, lol.
NVMYSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:08 PM   #9
fieldgoal00
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I see this StrykersG8 guy is offering to sell stuff throughout the members classified area like here:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90401
(see post 3).
He's offering to sell a set of rims to the first guy who is looking to buy some rims
fieldgoal00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:18 PM   #10
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
I say contact the Attorney General in your state as well as the one Arizona. You may be able to get something done. We have this happen all the time here and we, the Indiana State Police will do a criminal case on it, take al the leads you have and follow up on them until exhausted but generally, once LEO is involved and the mope learns of it, they either refund the money with it was a mistake or the AG will go after them. You can get help on this and sounds like you have your paper trail, and print all conversations you have like PM's and the ones the wife did as well and the stuff on the other sites too.

Good luck on this one. God don't like ugly and it will come back on home 100 fold!

Peace and still enjoying the harness!
Old 06-25-2010, 07:35 PM   #11
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I agree with chozn4service. Contact the Arizona Attorney General's office (there are probably online forms to initiate a complaint) as well as the local PD wherever this slug lives. Then send the guy an 'official looking' letter stating that he has X days to make it right before you turn him in to the PD and AG. Just receiving the letter, which shows that you have all his personal info, and name dropping the local authorities, should scare him into action.

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:35 PM   #12
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
In addition, you being in LA and the crime taken place in AZ so to speak, AZ may not allow for it to be reported over the phone here in Indiana we wouldn't. We would refer you to the AG's office in AZ about reporting it, give them the info since each AG has a Consumer Protection Division. So get on the Internet and here is the AZ consumer fraud link http://www.azag.gov/consumer/ and go from there. If there is anything else you need, hit me up in a PM but continue to put this Mudder Focker on blast!

and here is the online file a complaint: http://www.azag.gov/consumer/complaintformintro.html
Old 06-25-2010, 07:52 PM   #13
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Have you contacted your bank?
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:53 PM   #14
motor1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/M6.....no longer
I wonder why his account is not suspended? In addition on previous forums the Mods could keep him from re-registering somehow..ISP address or something? If I buy from members I try to do business with those that have been around a while or would not mind showing the items to a friend that I happened to have about 45 minutes away...usually weeds out the scammers. Good luck with getting your money back, hopefully he will do the right thing.
motor1 is offline   Reply With Quote