Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-07-2008, 10:35 AM   #29
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
Stop eating in the SEMA Camaros! You're going to get popcorn everywhere!
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:07 AM   #30
OldTimer

Drives: 2012 Victory Red ZL1 MG9
I would like to have seen at least one with many of the concept looks. Front lower fascia gills, gauge cluster color, and shifter just to name a few.
OldTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:24 AM   #31
1_2Many

Drives: 2008 Suzuki SX4
OK comparing a hot shifter knob to a curling iron is a little exagerated. I've had many cars with bare aluminum shift knobs and yes they got hot, but not that hot.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:35 AM   #32
TheMadHatter99
Kept the Faith

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTurtle View Post
are you married? have a girlfriend with a curling iron? go turn that curling iron on and leave it until it gets to the highest temp it gets to... then go in there and wrap your hand around the hot iron part and see how that feels... because that's EXACTLY what the Concept's shifter would feel like if it were in a production car on a hot Summer day.

GM didn't offer that in the production car and they wont offer it in the aftermarket for a reason: its impractical... I'm quite POSITIVE that someone in the aftermarket (Kirbin, B&M, etc.) will offer a clone of the Concept's shifter... and if its made of metal, I suggest you keep a towel in the glove box or center console to grab that shifter with or cover that shifter with on sunny days... because otherwise, the hot curling iron scenario that I laid out above is the cheaper way to get your trip to the emergency room with 1st degree burns on your hand.
I'm well aware of the heat issue and had already planned on keeping either a towel or some gloves on-hand for the summer. Fortunately my car will likely be garage-kept and covered most of the time so the heat won't be quite as big of an issue.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:53 AM   #33
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Quote:
I'm well aware of the heat issue and had already planned on keeping either a towel or some gloves on-hand for the summer. Fortunately my car will likely be garage-kept and covered most of the time so the heat won't be quite as big of an issue.
]

Or you can just tint your windows, it will be fine.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:55 AM   #34
LS9CamaroSS

Drives: Cavalier RS
ok i have to say that i think they should have put the big wing on one of the cars so i could see what it would look like on a production car. the dale JR car was pretty nice, but i'd have to say the LS7 was my favorite with jr and black as a close second and the Race car is inbetween the LS7 and the others for me... i loved them all none too gaudy for me (i like the 74 Z28 stripes though, so for those of you that know what those look like you might disagree with me) i'm a NASCAR fan and an ALMS fan and i'd love to see something like the GS in either one of those series racing the mustang. (i know ALMS is a better bet but i thought i heard whispers of pony cars in the Nationwide series) i have the LS7's ass as my background right now and i'm not one little bit tired of it
LS9CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:04 PM   #35
Jamestwilliams

Drives: Grand Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 COPO View Post
I would have prefered to see perhaps one of the cars with a "tip of the hat" to the concept. GM nailed it all the way with the overall look - and now seem to be backing away from it.

Historically the tack on goodies come adout year three or four.

Update No proper stripes = no 2010 No order for me.
The stripes on the current camaro are the same as your avatar. That means you think the car in your avatar isn't correct.
Jamestwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:06 PM   #36
HTWLSS
Camaro Disciple

Drives: Camaro, Chevelle, Corvette...
Send a message via MSN to HTWLSS
What a lot of people don't understand is that the SEMA Camaros are a representation of the different customizations that the car will allow. It's to demonstrate what can be done in the aftermarket with accessories and personal touches. Not every car will float everyone’s boat. It’s about diversity in the aftermarket.

The D.E. Jr. car is done in the colors of JR Motorsports & his business logo. http://www.dalejr.com/indexSmall.html#jrm/about
HTWLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 01:06 PM   #37
BigRigMike

Drives: 2010 Ford Fusion
After looking at all of the cars it actually has me considering getting the GFX.
JR-I would definitely pay to get the JR car without his name on it. Not my favorite driver and I really don't watch much NASCAR anymore.
LS7-I could not afford it but it does have me thinking of getting a Victory Red SS and painting the hood flat black.
Black- Would take even with the V6 only problem, I said I would never buy a black again
GS- Not sure if it would make a good daily driver. And it is just not my style.

I think we should start a poll and ask that GM give the cars away as part of a charity raffle.
BigRigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 01:33 PM   #38
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
All this talk of the concept's design cues has me thinking. Am I the only one who thought those tiny side mirrors, ridiculous shifter, gaudy interior, and oversized wheels made the whole thing look a lot like a toy?

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:03 PM   #39
rayhawk

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
All this talk of the concept's design cues has me thinking. Am I the only one who thought those tiny side mirrors, ridiculous shifter, gaudy interior, and oversized wheels made the whole thing look a lot like a toy?
I have to agree with you, I like the production version better in every way. It is not overdone in all the right places. To me the production version is toned down the right amount, and now looking at the concept I hate those tiny side mirrors.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:16 PM   #40
TheMadHatter99
Kept the Faith

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Not the only one, but apparently in the minority.

I didn't like all the cues, but there were a few I did like, with the interior being Number 1 on that list.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:11 PM   #41
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
i was hoping there would be modifications that made it look more like the concept...especially a more svelte sleek look...not so much the bulky mustang excess look...i wanted more curves like a coca cola bottle like the concept
Old 11-07-2008, 04:26 PM   #42
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydude26 View Post
i was hoping there would be modifications that made it look more like the concept...especially a more svelte sleek look...not so much the bulky mustang excess look...i wanted more curves like a coca cola bottle like the concept
The concept was curvaceous?
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote