Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 10-05-2014, 08:30 PM   #1
soulsea

Drives: Fast
Tint Kit

Hi,

Just got my 2015 Z/28 over the weekend and she's going in for window tinting asap. But I also wanted to get a slight tint (nothing too extreme) on my tails, third, and fender/qp reflectors/lights. Normally I would do it the right way and yank everything out, have it tinted by a professional painter and reinstall it.

But I was wondering if there is a high quality 'off the shelf' tint kit for all the lamps/reflectors that would avoid me the ordeal. The ones I have seen in the past look obvious and cheap, and aren't worthy of consideration. If there were such a kit I would hand it to the tint shop to install whilst they do my windows.

I'm sure this has been covered before but this is my first Camaro ever, and between all the official vendors, other vendors, and scattered consumer feedback, I can't glean if there is a worthy product out there.

Any help and/or feedback is very much appreciated/

Thanks.

- soul
soulsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:33 PM   #2
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2017 NFG 1SS 1LE
I have not seen Big Worms tail tint in person, but the online pics looked good.

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:42 PM   #3
soulsea

Drives: Fast
I've seen their website and the videos of their product ... it looks ok but without first hand experience and feedback from other C5 members it's hard to know what the real deal is.

And I'm not crazy about the fact that they didn't cut out the reverse light square. Maybe I'm expecting too much though and that's the sort of detail only a professional tint job can yield. But if their product is good enough I can always have the tint shop cut that out.
soulsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 09:19 PM   #4
sbubbaklein

Drives: early 2011 Camaro convertible
have used other big worm stuff and it was really nice.

Early 2011 LT Convertible, ZL1 bumper, hood, side skirts, belly pan and wheels, Truecarbon ECF hood extractor, K&N CAI, Elite catch can, Big Worm Bow Tie emblems, Jacfab bracket, Vitesse TC, BMR strut brace, BMR tunnel brace, NPP exhaust
sbubbaklein is offline   Reply With Quote