Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-11-2010, 10:32 AM   #715
Deeboe
Bowtie, FOR LIFE!!!!

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS SW/IOM Interrior
nice video. Tires, and everything! My car did the same, I just cant believe its from a fuse pull, damn! what other mods do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Doesn't matter right now. Just as long as you time before and after using the same set-up.

Correct. Unless you have a device like the iPhone or iPod touch and the Dynolicious app or another accelerometer type timing device to do distances ie. 1/4 mile, 1/8th mile.

You can take a video of the IP as you accelerate and time it on your PC. Just cut it off at both ends. It will be accurate within .1 easily. What you would be looking for is improvement. These timing methods are pretty accurate but measured against themselves are perfect ways to see improvement.

Here is an example of before and after. When I uploaded to You Tube it cut the last .2 off for some reason but on the PC it's perfect. Didn't matter, you can still see the difference before fuse pull and after. Just listen to the tires. Plus, you can just watch the needle. Big difference.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...52&postcount=1
2010 CGM SS/RS A6 (RIP)
one pissed SS right there!!!!
Deeboe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:07 PM   #716
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeboe View Post
nice video. Tires, and everything! My car did the same, I just cant believe its from a fuse pull, damn! what other mods do you have?
I installed the drop springs and sway bars from Pfadt and that's all right now but I'm planning on getting LTH, exhaust, cai, and tune it before the fest.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:38 PM   #717
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Quote:
I installed the drop springs and sway bars from Pfadt and that's all right now but I'm planning on getting LTH, exhaust, cai, and tune it before the fest.
Top bad she will still be slower than Bee Bee. #230 ROCKS!!!!
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:07 PM   #718
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Top bad she will still be slower than Bee Bee. #230 ROCKS!!!!
Hmmmmm........... Maybe I'll just send it to THR too.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:17 PM   #719
Trailbreaker77

Drives: 2010 Transformers Edition
My car has only 300 miles on it, I have not been able to drive it due to the weather. Anyways it is possible that the dealer put a low grade octane in mine. I have a 6-speed LS3 should I put some more miles on it before I do a battery disconnect?
Old 02-17-2010, 01:14 PM   #720
seddon

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailbreaker77 View Post
My car has only 300 miles on it, I have not been able to drive it due to the weather. Anyways it is possible that the dealer put a low grade octane in mine. I have a 6-speed LS3 should I put some more miles on it before I do a battery disconnect?
I have been debating doing this also. How long should I keep the battery disconnected since its in the trunk and my car is parked in a driveway not a locked garage.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:20 PM   #721
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
How do you like the ride now after the Pfadt drop springs? I've been considering this mod.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:50 PM   #722
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
I don't know anything about the battery disconnect. I disconnected mine a month or so prior to fuguring out the fuse pull thing. It didn't do anything for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
How do you like the ride now after the Pfadt drop springs? I've been considering this mod.
The ride is noticeably stiffer but for me it's a good stiffer. Kinda like that muscle soreness you get when you do a good heavy lift workout. The soreness feels good because you know what the benefit is. Bonnie said she didn't really notice a difference from the passenger seat.

And the icing on the cake is the looks of the stance.

Old 02-17-2010, 03:12 PM   #723
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
u guys got hit like Washington DC?

do they plow and salt there.. Im in upstate NY and I have been driving my car.. they quick to plow here..

Well with mine I didnt want to chance that dealer did. car felt slow to me.
I went and pulled fuses in my LS3 car didnt feel different.
hard as hell to get that damn cover up in the trunk or I would try battery disconnect
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:51 PM   #724
Skoulikimou

Drives: Camaro SS LS3 2010
how should i know if my LS3 M6 suffering from this problem ?

i mean would be there any sort of message !
Skoulikimou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:19 PM   #725
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoulikimou View Post
how should i know if my LS3 M6 suffering from this problem ?

i mean would be there any sort of message !
Nope. No message. Time the car. If you are over 5.7 without wheel spin, you got a problem. If you're 5.2 or under, you are ok. If you're in the middle?

Everyone should be ok now. The problem lied with the early cars. Or so it should be. I'd time the car 0-60. 4.7 is the target. half a second, fine. a full second (not spinning tires) then I'd be concerned.

0-60mph of course.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:43 AM   #726
Trailbreaker77

Drives: 2010 Transformers Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
u guys got hit like Washington DC?

do they plow and salt there.. Im in upstate NY and I have been driving my car.. they quick to plow here..

Well with mine I didnt want to chance that dealer did. car felt slow to me.
I went and pulled fuses in my LS3 car didnt feel different.
hard as hell to get that damn cover up in the trunk or I would try battery disconnect
I am from Watertown NY, and I don't know about DC but we got hit good. The town has no experience dealing with this much snow so the plowing is terrible. Nothing like how NY handles snow. I guess I will just do a fuse pull then I have CAI kit coming in at the end of the month so I want to do it before hand.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:38 AM   #727
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
I don't know anything about the battery disconnect. I disconnected mine a month or so prior to fuguring out the fuse pull thing. It didn't do anything for me.

The ride is noticeably stiffer but for me it's a good stiffer. Kinda like that muscle soreness you get when you do a good heavy lift workout. The soreness feels good because you know what the benefit is. Bonnie said she didn't really notice a difference from the passenger seat.

And the icing on the cake is the looks of the stance.

Man, your car looks bad axx.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:34 AM   #728
R1CH

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
Man, your car looks bad axx.
can I get a better shot at those wheels? Are they the polished factory wheels with some black accent?
R1CH is offline   Reply With Quote