Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 03-27-2019, 06:40 PM   #1
Jenn9700

Drives: CAMARO SS 50th Anniv.
I'm new. Need advice

Hello, I have a 2017 50th anniversary. I bought it for my husband 2 years ago. He loves that car, but hes dying. We are really screwed because of the medical.
Please Camaro lovers, I mean diehard devoted guys. If I sold this car we wouldnt have these problems, but I'm not going to sell it if it breaks his heart.
What I am asking is, if you didnt have much time left would you rather drive your Camaro or be a little more comfortable?

Thank you for the replies. It's been 3 months and I havent sold it yet. He wanted to sell it yesterday. But I couldn't let him do it. I'm going to consider it. But what do you even list it for? I love this car, but I'm a realist.

Last edited by Jenn9700; 07-25-2019 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Update and new quiry
Jenn9700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 07:14 PM   #2
Kaseikei

Drives: 2018 Summit White 1LT
Sell the car....

Ok this is not my answer.. but in the time you read it and got to this line you knew exactly what you wanted to do. We can't answer this for you as no one here is in this situation. I think its unfair for any of us to decide or contribute to this as we won't feel the repercussions later.

I hope all gets well soon my hopes and prayers are with you and yours.
Kaseikei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 08:11 PM   #3
denboy1

Drives: 2014 2ss Convertible
Sorry for your circumstances. Really sorry.

It's an object and in the bigger picture not that important. But if it gives your time together joy and memories then it's a keeper, otherwise let it go.
denboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 09:45 PM   #4
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Sorry to here about the situation at all.
I'm not in your shoes but have six toys that I can not drive due to multiple health issues. I'm told can possibly expect a shorter than average life span by 10-15 years. I live in pain every day even with all the medicines and treatments. Some days better than others. Currently I'm not capable of driving due to another health reason. I keep every toy anyway. Even thinking about getting another. Not everyone understands why I keep them but cars have been my passion since could walk & talk. Keeping the toys still gives me hope that perhaps someday will again be able to play with them. That might never be the case but I like my toys and just sitting in my shop for some reason they bring me pleasure and hope. I also have enough loving grand-kids to pass them along. Want those kids to get the joy I did from them and maybe think of me on occasion while doing so. That said the grand-kids keep me going more than the toys all the time not even close. Really like and enjoy the toys but very much love my family.
My situation is no way the same as yours and not trying to compare it. I currently still have the means to keep material things and get the medical attention I need on a regular basis. Even so if put in your situation I wouldn't know what to do. Have always said if needed and they could find a way to make me better I'd trade everything material have to be in decent health again with no more pain.
I would think that at this point it's your caring that helps him and not the car any longer. My wife helps me get on this forum and with much more. She knows how much happiness I get from it and my passion for anything with tires and a motor. What I've never told her before now it's more that she cares enough to do what she does for me.
None of what I said was probably helpful. I can't imagine being in your situation, and no way trying to advise you what to do. Just sharing my story.

God Bless best wishes and happy thoughts your way!
Old 03-28-2019, 01:41 AM   #5
Blueovalman

Drives: 2012 V6 Camaro 2010 Camaro SS
Welcome to Camaro 5 forums. His 17 Camaro more than likely means the world to him. Keep the 17 Camaro and enjoy it!
Old 03-28-2019, 05:38 AM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Jenn, actually, its an easy question to answer...... ask your husband and do what makes HIM happy. at this point, that's all that matters.
Old 03-28-2019, 05:43 AM   #7
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Jenn, actually, its an easy question to answer...... ask your husband and do what makes HIM happy. at this point, that's all that matters.
Bingo. While he may love the car a lot, I'd be willing to bet he loves you a lot more, and would rather pass knowing things are a little easier for you. Being confronted with your own death brings things sharply into perspective extremely quickly - I'd be willing to bet he's got a pretty opinion on the best way to move forward here.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 06:09 AM   #8
larry_g

Drives: 2014 1SS/1LE
I love my car and motorcycle, but I really love my family and would do whatever ever it takes for my family... including selling off my toys.

I hope everything works out for you.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
830 WHP 700 WTQ, Whipple 2.9 @ 13lbs Boost, Flex Fuel Tune by Blevins Tuning, LSA SBE, 3.5 GripTec, ATI LS3 Damper, AFR 260cc Mongoose, ARP Studs, Yella Terra Ultralites, Johnson 2110R, BTR PDS Stage 3, Melling 10355, Improved Racing Baffle, ID1050X, DSX Triple Fuel Pump, RotoFab CAI, NW 103mm TB, Stainless Works 1-7/8" LTH to 3" Speed Eng w/ X-pipe to NPP, Powermaster 9509 XS, Detroit Speed Motor Mounts, MGW, Monster LT1-S, ZL1 Calipers, DBA Rotors & Pads, Bilstein B6 Struts & Shocks, BMR 1.25" Drop Springs & Adj Rear Bar, Pegasus Solid Bushings, Z/28 Wheels, other misc parts.
larry_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 09:42 AM   #9
zlathim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I love my car, but if I were dying I would want to leave my survivors in as good a position as I could. I would probably sell the car, but that is just one person's opinion.
BMR cradle & diff bushings, trailing arms, toe rods & upper control arm bushings
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
4.10 gears, Eaton Truetrac, LPW diff cover
Best 1/4 mile 12.073 @ 115.68 mph 3,300 ft DA
zlathim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 07:24 AM   #10
USCAMARO14

Drives: 2LS 2014
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I would say do what makes him happy.
Old 07-25-2019, 12:35 PM   #11
Jenn9700

Drives: CAMARO SS 50th Anniv.
Thank you. That helped immensely. I still haven't sold it.
Jenn9700 is offline   Reply With Quote