Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 03-19-2018, 06:33 AM   #85
07-SRT

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS
Any new vids or ET's with the Hoosiers?

2015 Camaro 2SS

Cam/Heads/FBO 498/447 SAE
07-SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:01 AM   #86
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07-SRT View Post
Any new vids or ET's with the Hoosiers?
ask and tho shalt...! lol..so a disclaimer first...tryin out this new setup obviously required completely redoing the entire PSI-burn out-Launch RPM equation...and with only 7 runs for the day while I did have a couple of 1.7 60's(lol...timin light was goofy-I have a slip that shows I had a 1.0 and then a 1.2 60"! hahaha) it again was not until the last run that I was able to put a decent A-B together...and then it was against the fastest vehicle at the track that day...a 7 sec rail! can u say INTIMIDATING!!! rofl...serious fun tho except for fallin asleep at the light(to be fair I was havin a little prob with glare but old age will do that!)

weather was awesome with D/A goin from -410 to 400's by the afternoon...track was holdin good power and it truly was a driver's day...

only prob is that while the Hoosiers are AWESOME tires and can really take a hit(launch RPM and final tire PSI will be withheld until the end!! lol) these were almost 30" tall tires!...prob a good 1.5+ taller than my Nitto setup...and now I have concluded WAY TO BIG for my car....currently...so I fought it and fought it but you can't over come physics and the taller tire kept me from my goal of 11's...

so without further ado...
Name:  IMG_20180319_093723533.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  87.8 KB

and for the vid...checkout the rails burnout and then at the launch! JEEZUS K RYST! felt like I was drag'n my beloved by the heels kick'n and scream'n! (kiddin-luv ya hun!)...can you say perspective!....enjoy..

Shout out to HioSSilver, xc_SS/RS and lazerlemonta for joining me Sunday...good times and watch'n Phil take the 'vette to Almost 10sec! was a sight...back end starts to do funny stuff over 120...lol....peace!

BTW-lol almost forgot(remember the old age comment...6000rpm at 16psi...and can I beat the drum...just a teensy bit? Stock clutch..stock shifter...stock trans...stock clutch hydraulics(just change ur fluid peeps!) stock drive shaft...hmmm...look at the sig and read it!....lulz teensy bit of clutch smell coming back to the pits...hit went right to the tires! they were mounted on 'vette rims...no bead sealer(or screws duh)...I marked each rim and on one hit where she almost dead hooked came back with about a 1/4 slip on the right side and 1/8 on the left...gonna have to keep an eye on this...may go back into the diff when I do the LPW cover and just get rid of the f*ck'n Belleville spring and replace with additional clutch(s)...we'll see...l8tr

Last edited by frankwjr; 03-19-2018 at 11:18 AM.
frankwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 01:04 PM   #87
frankwjr

and an additional shout out I wanted to do separately...dynoSteve(Steve) at RDP has IMHO been doing a fantastic job with my tunes...this latest update was to address the rev limiter(needed it higher)...I emailed him...told him what's up...BAM...updated FREE!...which he did...apparently along with a couple of other little (tweaks)..which is all he will admit to...lol...good for him... it is propriety info...and at this point the only thing that matters to me is the vehicles performance....after installing the updated tune and drivin it to verify the limiter the motor just had an overall "bigger" feel...not huge by any means...just a tad better...and based on my ET's with these huge a$$ tires...I dare say with my Nittos I very well may have had my first 11 sec time slip....and while that would have SERIOUSLY made my day...I still came away with a boat load of new data points for the old cranium to mull over and a further verification of just how f*k'n tough these cars really are...setup properly....driven properly...once I got the PSI to the proper settin? ZERO HOP!...just ask yourself...can you do this with your ride? peace
Old 03-19-2018, 01:10 PM   #88
KGoddard

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post
and an additional shout out I wanted to do separately...dynoSteve(Steve) at RDP has IMHO been doing a fantastic job with my tunes...this latest update was to address the rev limiter(needed it higher)...I emailed him...told him what's up...BAM...updated FREE!...which he did...apparently along with a couple of other little (tweaks)..which is all he will admit to...lol...good for him... it is propriety info...and at this point the only thing that matters to me is the vehicles performance....after installing the updated tune and drivin it to verify the limiter the motor just had an overall "bigger" feel...not huge by any means...just a tad better...and based on my ET's with these huge a$$ tires...I dare say with my Nittos I very well may have had my first 11 sec time slip....and while that would have SERIOUSLY made my day...I still came away with a boat load of new data points for the old cranium to mull over and a further verification of just how f*k'n tough these cars really are...setup properly....driven properly...once I got the PSI to the proper settin? ZERO HOP!...just ask yourself...can you do this with your ride? peace
That's awesome to hear. I think if you went with some skinnies up front you just might hit 11s. My Front setup saves a total of 60lbs up front in rotating Mass 🤯

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2018, 04:44 PM   #89
frankwjr

I keep lookin at the ebay caddy 18 spare's to use. M&H http://www.mandhtires.com/M-H-Drag-Radials#.WrAulpch3IU has both the front and rear tires I want...so hopefully in addition the the "mod's" going in in the near future...gotta find sum extra $$ before 'cfest for sum good rubber...l8tr
Old 03-19-2018, 07:19 PM   #90
frankwjr

one last pic...not only is the suspension workin great I was also able to get these Hoosiers to wrinkle a bit...lol...the mustang runnin against me was a loud snortin 5.0..and even with the red light still kicked his a$$...he was not a happy camper...lulz..
Name:  Hoosierwrinkle.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  130.0 KB
Old 03-19-2018, 09:05 PM   #91
KGoddard

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
one last pic...not only is the suspension workin great I was also able to get these Hoosiers to wrinkle a bit...lol...the mustang runnin against me was a loud snortin 5.0..and even with the red light still kicked his a$$...he was not a happy camper...lulz..
Attachment 925192
What tires are those? They aren't bias ply are they?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2018, 09:36 PM   #92
frankwjr

nope...Hoosier DR2's...why?
Old 04-22-2018, 06:06 PM   #93
frankwjr

still lookin for 11's....need more RPM on launch...

12 psi at 5000..

Last edited by frankwjr; 04-26-2018 at 08:18 AM.
frankwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 08:00 PM   #94
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
still lookin for 11's....need more RPM on launch...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd4vY8qChqI

12 psi at 5000...

wtf - can't post a vid like I used too? odd

I think they changed something on C5 and C6 in regards to video's, they wont show up anymore, I had it happen today as well.

Have you recorded one of your good 12.0X or 12.1X passes and sent it to Steve for analysis and adjustment? He always squeezes out another tenth or so for me.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 10:44 PM   #95
frankwjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
I think they changed something on C5 and C6 in regards to video's, they wont show up anymore, I had it happen today as well.

Have you recorded one of your good 12.0X or 12.1X passes and sent it to Steve for analysis and adjustment? He always squeezes out another tenth or so for me.
lol...already did...needed my limiter set to 7k....I need more RPM out of the hole...didn't realize how much it nose dives from in the car....

hope it's just a temp issue with the vids...if not oh well....peace
Old 04-23-2018, 08:47 AM   #96
frankwjr

new pic from yesterday...gettin good weight xfer....just need sum more seat time...
Name:  04222018.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  120.6 KB
Old 04-27-2018, 10:02 AM   #97
BandRcAMARO

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Frank, you have any mods in the front suspension to help with the weight transfer?
Old 04-27-2018, 10:10 AM   #98
frankwjr

nope...bone stock...all my mods r listed in my sig...I actually think the age of the suspension is helpin some what...

lookin for front skinnies... and would like to get a 2 piece brake rotor with the alum hat but they cost serious $$$$...

had I had a couple of more runs last Sun I was gonna hit it at or above 5500...tires and track where hookin good...

l8tr

btw - and damn don't she sound good! lol peace