Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-23-2019, 04:39 PM   #1
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
V6 tear down and rebuild

i working on polishing and porting intake
Attached Images

PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.

Last edited by spyderbuddy; 03-28-2019 at 08:50 PM.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 09:28 PM   #2
spyderbuddy

well see what y'all think
Attached Images

PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
Old 03-28-2019, 07:07 PM   #3
spyderbuddy

i have 92,000 miles on this engine this is what the bad side looks like
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2019, 06:17 PM   #4
spyderbuddy

did a little more on the intake
Attached Images

Old 03-31-2019, 06:56 AM   #5
Blueovalman

Drives: 2012 V6 Camaro 2010 Camaro SS
Congratulations on your progress I like your port and polish work it looks excellent and it will yield some useable power. Your pics of your engine look very good actually for 92K miles of use. What motor oils and oil filters did you use through out the 92K miles? Did you run a catch can? Did you ever find any large amount of carbon build up?
Old 03-31-2019, 07:20 AM   #6
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Nice work, engine looks outstanding. Did you do the PCV mod? Looks clean.
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...=pcv+drill+mod

Last edited by TooCool5; 04-03-2019 at 09:08 AM.
TooCool5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 11:24 AM   #7
spyderbuddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueovalman View Post
Congratulations on your progress I like your port and polish work it looks excellent and it will yield some useable power. Your pics of your engine look very good actually for 92K miles of use. What motor oils and oil filters did you use through out the 92K miles? Did you run a catch can? Did you ever find any large amount of carbon build up?
Mobil 1 and wix filters
Old 03-31-2019, 11:26 AM   #8
spyderbuddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooCool5 View Post
Nice work, engine looks outstanding. Did you do the PCV mod? Looks clean.
I tried it, it set the catch can to vibrate the pcv in it, so i went back to stock
Old 04-01-2019, 05:51 PM   #9
TooCool5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
I tried it, it set the catch can to vibrate the pcv in it, so i went back to stock
So you drilled the PCV barb, then purchased a new one?

I thought all new ones had the larger holes?
Old 04-01-2019, 08:12 PM   #10
spyderbuddy

nope back to stock, didn't have it done a month before problems arose.
Old 04-02-2019, 10:00 AM   #11
TooCool5

Lets us know the improvement after polish & porting, also do you have any pics of the intake valves?
Old 04-20-2019, 10:09 PM   #12
spyderbuddy

will, we start tomarrow on a tear down of the V6
Old 04-23-2019, 08:02 AM   #13
TooCool5

Why the rebuild, did the LLT bite the dust?
Old 04-23-2019, 11:56 AM   #14
spyderbuddy

Blew the head Gasket, waiting on the taxes to get restarted.