Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 07-14-2010, 09:09 AM   #15
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Slayer View Post
Will these work on cars with the RS package?
Actually I think the RS takes a different bulb. I can't remember which one it is. I would send these guys and email and ask about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shevyman View Post
WOW looks good but for the price i can get my self some nice HID lights for that price.
$100??? (+ the 10% off)

All the higher end HID kits like AAC and BfXenon are around $230. I know there are some that are alot cheaper but I wouldn't trust them. Especially since the non-RS cars use the headlights for the DRL. The DRL is just run at a lower wattage. If the relay/ballast isn't setup for that lower wattage then you'll get flickering of the the light.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:49 AM   #16
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
These look really good I might have to order a set!

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:06 PM   #17
caverman

Ughhh.......just got my ligts in and there are no vampire clips.

I'm assuming I can get these at an auto parts store?

Edit: Never mind.....I got some at the store and installed the lights tonight. I took pics and I'll post tomorrow.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal

Last edited by caverman; 07-19-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:41 PM   #18
caverman

Got them installed. They are definately BRIGHT. They are alot closer to my 6000k lights but still don't exactly match.

I had a hard time getting the vampire clips to work so I ended up removing a small piece of the wire and just attaching them there. Some people will be a little scared of this but I use to do it all the time back in my highschool days when I installed stereo equipment.

I went ahead and included a picture of the vampire clips so others can get an idea of how they work.

I would still recommend these over the AAC 5202 because they are much closer to the 6000k lights...my wife agreed as well. It's hard to tell in the pictures but you can see in the last picture the difference in brightness. AAC on passenger side, V-LED on driver side. Also, notice the broken piece/tab from the AAC bulb. If you look closely at both of them (they should match exactly) you'll see that the AAC bulb is missing the push in tabs on both sides....that's because they broke off as soon as I tried pushing them in the first time. I also ended up breaking off one of the clips so those bulbs were being held in by only one clip. The AAC base is extremely brittle and breaks if you even look at it wrong. The other AAC base broke off a big piece and the last clip as well when I took it out. The V-LED went in without a problem and has both clips and push tabs intact.The quality of the V-LED base is 10x better than the AAC. AAC's HID kit is quality but the 5202 bulb is crap IMO.

Even though they are bright you still can't see a difference in the lighting with them on. The HID lights are just to bright for them to make a difference.

I removed the fog light assembly this time. This is the only way to do it. It is very easy to remove the 3 bolts on the fender well and remove the whole fog light. Once you do that you have plenty of room to work with.
Attached Images

Build Journal
Old 07-21-2010, 04:36 AM   #19
phenixdragon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
All the higher end HID kits like AAC and BfXenon are around $230. I know there are some that are alot cheaper but I wouldn't trust them. Especially since the non-RS cars use the headlights for the DRL. The DRL is just run at a lower wattage. If the relay/ballast isn't setup for that lower wattage then you'll get flickering of the the light.
Never once paid more then $100 for HIDs for any of the cars and bikes I have owned. I have 100% trust in the "cheaper" HIDs as they are the same quality as the higher priced ones.
phenixdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:56 AM   #20
steve@flashtech

Drives: 2004 maserati coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenixdragon View Post
Never once paid more then $100 for HIDs for any of the cars and bikes I have owned. I have 100% trust in the "cheaper" HIDs as they are the same quality as the higher priced ones.
Trust me this is not the case. There is some kits that are close in technology but most of the ones with large price differences are not even close. To the average person they might not care but if you want a kit that can be installed without worry's which most of the car public is looking for a higher end kit is the way to go!
steve@flashtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:57 PM   #21
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve@flashtech View Post
Trust me this is not the case. There is some kits that are close in technology but most of the ones with large price differences are not even close. To the average person they might not care but if you want a kit that can be installed without worry's which most of the car public is looking for a higher end kit is the way to go!

It's worth it to me to pay a little extra for a reputable company that uses quality parts.

If you feel like buying the cheap stuff off eBay....then by all means do. I'm going to use a company that I can pick up the phone and talk to or get a quick reply though email from.
Build Journal