Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-26-2013, 01:18 AM   #15
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
I see em all the time. I wish I saw them less. I mean I'm glad they're selling and all, I would just rather the car be less common.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:34 AM   #16
lawman007
Panama-Gulf War Vet

Drives: '11 SW 1LT/RS 6M
It all depends on your own taste and what you consider to be a great car. Where you live may have something to do with it also, the bigger the town the more you see. I live in Lansing, MI and they are not selling very well. I've seen the same one at a dealer for over a year. I doubt the 'Vettes are selling well either. Bad economy, one reason. Though, I do see a few per week. I see Vettes as well, MBs Beemers, and Hummers too. I think they are one of the best cars you can buy, I also have wanted one since I was a kid back in the 60's. I can't say that about the Mustangs or Chargers or Challengers. But that's just me. I'd still like to get a '62 'Vette, but that seems very remote, I doubt I'll ever get one.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:32 AM   #17
benji1997

Drives: 2013 IOM 2LT/RS M6
Send a message via Skype™ to benji1997
Not many in my neck of the woods. My dealer has had the same Camaros on the lot since the beginning of the year. He also has a beautiful 2010 IOM SS that has been there for over six months with low mileage (17,000) that won't move. My town is an upper middleclass town. Not many Vettes either around town. It might be a northern cold weather thing.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:03 AM   #18
jravenfan

Drives: 2013 2SS Blue Ray Metallic
I live in Maryland and I see them a lot, I don't mind because they are beautiful cars. My wife gets annoyed with me pointing them out to her though.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:39 AM   #19
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I am sure there are a lot more here than where you are from but I have noticed that normally you don't notice how many there are until you buy one. Just like I recently bought an S-10 truck, before I never noticed them, now I see 100 of them every day.
I am sure there are many car models out there that are much more numerous than Camaros, but you just don't notice them.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:59 AM   #20
IncrediblyX

Drives: Red
In SoCal, too many Prius loving hippies. I don't see them much.
IncrediblyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:04 AM   #21
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Drives: Like a idiot
so i have to ask, how do you end up in elko of all places? there are a few of them in vegas but its still not all that common of a car. seems most of the idiots here are all about there high end imports. but you still see 2 or 3 a day. less than most cars in a city this big.
o; Slp loud mouth I|maganflow x-pipe|Injen long ram intake
|brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's|billet 5mm spacers|tinted tail lights&markers|pdmi|billet c. can|
'13 Avenger R/T
'77 T/A 6.6;, draining my wallet.
Vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:24 AM   #22
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Actually per production numbers...........These Gen 5 Camaros are a lot less common than their counterparts made back in 67-70, and they often are bought v-6 therefore unlike a old classic camaro not easily upgraded to a SS (v-8) as its a lot more complicated now and so a wrecked v-6 is just that not good for maybe stripping down to build a v-8 from without a lot more money and effort.....you cant keep the trans and rear end....you'll grenade them.
Camaros are only becoming more of a sight after these four years and many cheaper ls,& lt versions hitting the streets, and camaros usually means a city has more people with higher incomes if you see many ss cars around as the payments $700 a month +
Old 05-26-2013, 08:59 AM   #23
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
probably rentals, look for the red plates.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:27 AM   #24
marine_142
Mark

Drives: 2011 IOM SS/RS
In the upper north west (Seattle) Mustangs dominate the population. in my travels, however, Camaros are much more common in southern warmer states.
marine_142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #25
nickswe
A Swede lost in Texas

Drives: Camaro ZL1 2014 Black M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom_vroom View Post
so i have to ask, how do you end up in elko of all places? there are a few of them in vegas but its still not all that common of a car. seems most of the idiots here are all about there high end imports. but you still see 2 or 3 a day. less than most cars in a city this big.
I am here for business for a few weeks. Also took the chance to do a good deal with Chevy here to pick up some aftermarket parts

Moving on up to Juneau in Alaska tomorrow, not sure I will see that many Camaros up there though :P

I was in Las Vegas last weekend, and there was some car meet with MANY Camaros that I met on my way back to Elko on the Sunday. Just outside Las Vegas there was like a big field with lots of cool cars... Know anything about it? I was almost to turn back over and have a look, but we had some 6 hours to drive back home :(

Currently driving a 2014 Camaro ZL1 Coupe.
nickswe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:45 PM   #26
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Drives: Like a idiot
I there is a camaro club out here that usually does coffee on Saturday mornings then a cruise or something but I have yet to go. I work too late on the weekends
o; Slp loud mouth I|maganflow x-pipe|Injen long ram intake
|brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's|billet 5mm spacers|tinted tail lights&markers|pdmi|billet c. can|
'13 Avenger R/T
'77 T/A 6.6;, draining my wallet.
Vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:11 PM   #27
nickswe
A Swede lost in Texas

Drives: Camaro ZL1 2014 Black M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom_vroom View Post
I there is a camaro club out here that usually does coffee on Saturday mornings then a cruise or something but I have yet to go. I work too late on the weekends
Allright! This was on Sunday around 1pm though... Dunno, could have drove about 15 mins from outside LV City? There seemed to be some sort of big field on the right handed side (leaving from Las Vegas torwards Elko) 15 mins outside LV City?

Currently driving a 2014 Camaro ZL1 Coupe.
nickswe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:39 PM   #28
ryanyoung1768

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS
I had mine in Tonopah Nevada last weekend and everyone stared at it - nothing like a mean-looking blacked out beast snarling as best as a 6 cylinder can. Here in Las Vegas they are everywhere, but they are 90% rentals.
Still cool to see them, and I still look at every one of them and turn on the Permagrin!