Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-05-2008, 01:26 AM   #1
shockandawe

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Ready to order new Camaro!

I got bored at work ,so I sent out a few feelers to dealers about a new Camaro.I was looking to purchase Camaro with supplier discount and I found a local dealer willing to sell me one for supplier discount.I wanted to wait for 2nd year of production to get all the bugs out, but with what's going on with GM, I thought they might not be around,so I may go buy it Saturday! The dealer has allocations for 21 Camaro's and has sold 12 so far.I am interested in a 2SS with RS package in Black or Inferno Orange.Are there any pictures with the Inferno Orange interior package? I cannot decide on stick or automatic.Will the stick have launch control? Right now I own a LeMans Blue 2006 Vette with automatic and intend to keep it.I was figuring when I was to lazy to shift, I could jump in the Vette and just drive. I was going to get plates for the Vette and Camaro:

Vette - Shock
Camaro - Awe
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:26 AM   #2
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
First, welcome to the site. Second, take your time to look around and use that search tool in the tool bar. You will find GOBS of info by searching. Search INDY PIX for shots of the silver SS with Inferno Orange interior.

Check out this link for all ordering specific info.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10103
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:19 AM   #3
gladiatoro

Drives: 1981 Z28 Camaro
THIS DOESN'T LOOK GOOD
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2008/...gm-layoff.html
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 07:19 AM   #4
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
This layoff is due to the slump in sales for the Impala...I'm sure the layed off workers will be called back in time to help out with the FULL production of the Camaro.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:20 AM   #5
garfin
Resident Disciple

Drives: 2010 CTS-V 6MN '98 Camaro SS (Sold)
Quote:
I suspect that this won't affect Camaro production, and perhaps Dylan/80Zedder can confirm...
The Impala is built on a separate line from the Camaro. Since demand in the U.S. for this car has tanked, this is the expected result. As bad as this news is (especially for the city of Oshawa), I can't see GM cutting production for any vehicle if the demand for it is high.

Best regardSS,

Elie
Old 12-05-2008, 07:27 AM   #6
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Welcome to the site!

I think Tag answered your question on the interior. You can also search for threads about stick vs. auto. In the end it is up to you, but I like your thinking. Since you already have an auto go for the stick. Enjoy the car and the site!
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 08:43 AM   #7
TomServo

Drives: 2007 Z06
Quote:
How many workers will it take to produce the 8K or so pre-ordered Camaro's???

In this economy how many "casual buyers" will be walking into GM showrooms to order/buy a new Camaro??? Do folks believe dealers will order "dealer" cars like hotcakes once the pre-orders are manufactured??? I don't think so.

One has to wonder what happens after all the "enthusiasts" orders slow and then have to survive on "regular" Joe's walking in off the street.

Do folks think everything is going to get fixed and folks ready to spend $30K to $35K for a new vehicle in Feb???
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 08:54 AM   #8
VictoryRed08

Drives: 08 Cobalt LT2,
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
Do folks think everything is going to get fixed and folks ready to spend $30K to $35K for a new vehicle in Feb???
Sadly i can't afford it and i am an enthusiast lol. I see what you're saying though, whats going to make someone pony up 30-35k for a car during a recession unless you're a camaro fan? I tonnes of people that don't know squat about cars and if they went to a dealership and saw the new camaro they'd think that is a nice looking car, but in todays market, a v-6, at 35k and things looking grim for the auto industry it'll be interesting to see what happens.
VictoryRed08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:05 AM   #9
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockandawe View Post
I got bored at work ,so I sent out a few feelers to dealers about a new Camaro.I was looking to purchase Camaro with supplier discount and I found a local dealer willing to sell me one for supplier discount.I wanted to wait for 2nd year of production to get all the bugs out, but with what's going on with GM, I thought they might not be around,so I may go buy it Saturday! The dealer has allocations for 21 Camaro's and has sold 12 so far.I am interested in a 2SS with RS package in Black or Inferno Orange.Are there any pictures with the Inferno Orange interior package? I cannot decide on stick or automatic.Will the stick have launch control? Right now I own a LeMans Blue 2006 Vette with automatic and intend to keep it.I was figuring when I was to lazy to shift, I could jump in the Vette and just drive. I was going to get plates for the Vette and Camaro:

Vette - Shock
Camaro - Awe
Welcome!

Holz huh? Get a price on a vette and bring it to me
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:05 AM   #10
gladiatoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
How many workers will it take to produce the 8K or so pre-ordered Camaro's???

In this economy how many "casual buyers" will be walking into GM showrooms to order/buy a new Camaro??? Do folks believe dealers will order "dealer" cars like hotcakes once the pre-orders are manufactured??? I don't think so.

One has to wonder what happens after all the "enthusiasts" orders slow and then have to survive on "regular" Joe's walking in off the street.

Let's hope for the best , the way the economy is going in North America right now we may only see one year of production of the SS IMO On the other hand this would make the SS ULTRA RARE and would be a collectors car , I heared someone say the same thing about the Challenger it could be AXED within a year if sales are not high enough

Last edited by gladiatoro; 12-05-2008 at 04:32 PM.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:22 AM   #11
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
I have to admit, I got sideways on the entire Camaro situation. I love the new car, I want one so bad I can taste it. However, when I started contacting several dealers around my area, I was hit with a $2500-5000 over sticker at virtually every one I contacted with one exception who told me never over sticker but no supplier discount.

After all that I was very disappointed. Add to that,the stock market tumble and the Detroit 3 going hat in hand to Congress for help, I ended up wiped out of the market for the time being. I can only hope that we see some recovery and focus to redirect this whole mess.

Bottomline is I ended up being forced to sit out until things pick up. I hate being in this position. I would dearly love to be able to sit down sign the papers and write the check, but, it won't happen for a while.

Really makes me sick.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:24 AM   #12
1_2Many

Drives: 2008 Suzuki SX4
You guys are so nice and have such nice manners....not me. SEARCH you noob!
Old 12-05-2008, 04:33 PM   #13
gladiatoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_2Many View Post
You guys are so nice and have such nice manners....not me. SEARCH you noob!
Old 12-05-2008, 05:30 PM   #14
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
The layoffs in Oshawa are sad, first of all, I feel so bad for those great workers there.

However, Oshawa ia a HUGE complex. This does NOT affect Camaro production.

Regardless of everything, there is a backlog demand for the Camaro.

They are still projecting sales of 11 MILLION cars next crappy econmic year.

That's down from around 16 million, but it's still a s-load of vehicles.

Many will be 2010 Camaros.
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote