Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-26-2009, 08:47 AM   #1
dagolfguy

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Cost of Catback and Intake?

Does anyone have an estimate of what the performance mods will cost? I'm interested in the catback and performance air intake primarily. Do you think it will be the same for the V6 and the V8, or different?
dagolfguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:57 AM   #2
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfguy View Post
Does anyone have an estimate of what the performance mods will cost? I'm interested in the catback and performance air intake primarily. Do you think it will be the same for the V6 and the V8, or different?
You can look at the GMPP site (http://www.gmperformanceparts.com/se...o_sitelet.html) (most of the prices have been posted) or look at this thread - http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11580

EDIT: Welcome to the site!
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:33 AM   #3
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
You can look at the GMPP site (http://www.gmperformanceparts.com/se...o_sitelet.html) (most of the prices have been posted) or look at this thread - http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11580

EDIT: Welcome to the site!
Excellent reference there Pete. Really good stuff!!
Edrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:32 AM   #4
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
850 for cb and 450 for cai not hrrible if thats installed. Anyone know if thats installed? 1000 for shorties isn't horrible either again if thats installed
Old 01-26-2009, 11:50 AM   #5
Edrock

I am lead to believe that the pricing will include installation but cannot confirm. The reason I feel this way is because the Hurst Short Throw Shifter is dealer installed for $380 (if I'm not mistaken) rolled into the price of the car, which to me, implies installation included. I expect these other GM accessories to be handled the same way. My dealer told me that, "yes", the pricing for all the GM accessories would all be rolled into the price of the car. However, at this point, his GM parts department still does not have official pricing on these other 3 accessories yet so we'll have to wait and see. Wish I had more concrete information but that's it.

Going to remain positive on this one...
Old 01-26-2009, 11:55 AM   #6
rgrizzard

Drives: Wanting New Camaro
Don't believe those prices are for installs. GMPP is a catalog group that sells to you or dealers.
rgrizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:41 PM   #7
Edrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrizzard View Post
Don't believe those prices are for installs. GMPP is a catalog group that sells to you or dealers.
Well...my ponit is that it's all speculation until the official pricing is released, ultimately.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:03 PM   #8
Robert91RS

Drives: Everywhere
Also keep in mind that the price they list may not be the one your friend at the dealership gives you. List Price > Camaro5 Member Price
Robert91RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:33 PM   #9
Edrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert91RS View Post
Also keep in mind that the price they list may not be the one your friend at the dealership gives you. List Price > Camaro5 Member Price
Come again?...At the risk of sounding ignorant and/or naive and/or gullable...what do you mean by "Camaro5 Member Price"?
Old 01-26-2009, 02:01 PM   #10
Robert91RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrock View Post
Come again?...At the risk of sounding ignorant and/or naive and/or gullable...what do you mean by "Camaro5 Member Price"?
I mean you have friends at dealerships on here. When it comes time to buy parts you should look for them.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:42 PM   #11
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I'd prefer to install these parts myself; saving money would be a bonus! The prices seem, to me, to be a little on the high side, considering it probably doesn't take much longer than a half hour to do the intake swap (at least from what it looks in the images we've seen) and maybe an hour to swap the mufflers, total. Shoot, at $100/hour, $50 for labor on the intake and $100 for the catback seem to put the prices we've seen into better perspective (IMHO) and justifies another 3-4 hours to install the shorties. $400 for labor on the shorties puts the price of the headers, themselves, around $600, and that's not too bad considering their stainless steel and have CARB certification. That's a lot of money to put toward some other goodies if my ASSumptions are correct.

Again - I'm only speculating (and hoping )

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:16 PM   #12
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
The Hurst Short-Throw Shifter is an LPO (code VYV) dealer installed item and does include installation, but the other GMPP over-the-counter parts don't.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:36 PM   #13
gunslinger

Drives: 1998 Z28 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
and justifies another 3-4 hours to install the shorties.
HA! Try more like 6-7 hours, once you disconnect all of the exhaust system. It took me damn near 10-12 hours to put a set of Mac Mid lengths in my current 1998 Z28. I know the shorties will probably slide in without laying on the ground and cursing, but 3-4 hours is a little optimistic.

And the CARB certification is NICE for me! Too bad Kalifornia will not allow a set of long tubes to be legal (more like long tube manufacturers don't want to pay the state just so they can be deemed "clean" and safe for the environment by some stupid board that controls public air...)
Old 01-29-2009, 01:58 PM   #14
Robert91RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger View Post
HA! Try more like 6-7 hours, once you disconnect all of the exhaust system. It took me damn near 10-12 hours to put a set of Mac Mid lengths in my current 1998 Z28. I know the shorties will probably slide in without laying on the ground and cursing, but 3-4 hours is a little optimistic.

And the CARB certification is NICE for me! Too bad Kalifornia will not allow a set of long tubes to be legal (more like long tube manufacturers don't want to pay the state just so they can be deemed "clean" and safe for the environment by some stupid board that controls public air...)
The headers are rated at 3 hrs labor per GM.