Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-01-2012, 12:52 PM   #15
10 2SS/RS 6M

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6M Black-s/s
I had the ticking noise too, but it stopped after around 10K, no problems now.
SLP- long tube headers, hi flow cats w/full SLP 3'' PowerFlo exhaust incl/X-pipe, 160 degree stat, SLP Blackwing CAI. Dyno tuned by ECS-407/409RWHP&TQ. BMR- trailing arms w/poly knuckle bushings, toe links, cradle bushings and differential bushings. QA1 rear lower control arms. Hurst short throw shifter, DSS- level 4 axles, DSS- aluminum driveshaft, Pfadt- sport 1.5" rear sway-bar. SPOHN 1.25" front sway-bar. Monster LT1-S twin clutch. Prothane motor mounts. Best 1/4 mile so far- 12:70ET @ 112.24 MPH w/ 2.06 60', 2010.
10 2SS/RS 6M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:51 PM   #16
Chito
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 Camaro black 2ss/rs
Had the same issue and after so many trips to the dealer, they finally replaced the blower and that took care of it. its been months now and I don't have that issue anymore, hopefully it doesn't come back cause it was annoying to hear it at the low 1 or 2, but I'm glad to see that we can clean it and hope that works.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:43 PM   #17
Black_2SS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS RS
Been having the same issue on mine. 73k on her now, seems to be getting worse. Really annoying to have to put the fan on high or off. Or, just drive around in 3rd all the time, then you can't hear it either!!! Have to check out the filter and see. Thanks for the info!
Black_2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:05 AM   #18
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_2SS View Post
Been having the same issue on mine. 73k on her now, seems to be getting worse. Really annoying to have to put the fan on high or off. Or, just drive around in 3rd all the time, then you can't hear it either!!! Have to check out the filter and see. Thanks for the info!
If you would like me to research the issue you are having, please feel free to contact me via PM. I would love to gather more details. From there, we can see if there are any options available to you.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 11-08-2013, 08:43 PM   #19
spghost12
RSGHOST

Drives: 2012 2LT RS SW with Silver stripes
I have the same issue. I already had the blower changed, as well as the filter. When I take it to the dealer, they can never get the problem to replicate. I take vehicle some and within a day it starts up again.
spghost12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:54 PM   #20
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Hi spghost12,

I understand the frustration when the dealership cannot duplicate the issue. The best thing to do in that case is to drive straight to the dealership as soon as the issue occurs if you are able to do so. If you would like further assistance, we would be happy to speak with your dealership about the concern. Let us know at any time!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by spghost12 View Post
I have the same issue. I already had the blower changed, as well as the filter. When I take it to the dealer, they can never get the problem to replicate. I take vehicle some and within a day it starts up again.
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:25 PM   #21
spghost12
RSGHOST

Drives: 2012 2LT RS SW with Silver stripes
Since my camaro is not a daily driver (usually comes out on Friday and garaged back on Monday) it is tough to take car to dealership when the issue occurs on weekend when driving. I do not mean short drives either and not near the local dealership.
spghost12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #22
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Thank you for the information. Yes, I see how it would be difficult to take the vehicle to the dealership. If you decide you would like to schedule a specific time again to bring the vehicle in, please let us know. We are able to contact them and help work towards a resolution. You may send us a private message at any time with your full contact information, VIN, mileage, and name of involved dealership.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by spghost12 View Post
Since my camaro is not a daily driver (usually comes out on Friday and garaged back on Monday) it is tough to take car to dealership when the issue occurs on weekend when driving. I do not mean short drives either and not near the local dealership.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:37 AM   #23
Vespula2012

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS/SS LS3
Mine has also started ticking (suddenly out of no where). Only does it on speeds 1 and 2 and only sometimes. When it IS doing it, it seems to be exacerbated when the car is changing momentum... (braking, changing lanes, bumps, etc). Sounds like an angry cricket, or like the baseball card you used to stick in your bicycle spokes (though that said, it really sounds more like a failing bearing than like something protruding into the fan itself).

Have an appointment for Wednesday... will let you know if I get resolution on it.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:06 PM   #24
rieskame

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Add mine to the squealer list. Either I run the fan over 4 or have it off entirely. I have less than 36k miles, but over the 3 year warranty on my 2010 SS. I looked in the Service Bulletins, but I didn't see anything. Is Chevrolet helping out on this known problem? If not, how much do the fans cost? Thanks
rieskame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:35 AM   #25
Ryan87mets

Drives: 2013 camaro 1ls summit white
i just got my 2013 in early august and i just noticed this sound last week, i guess its a common problem so im gonna take it in this week and get it fixed
Ryan87mets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #26
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 16 Encore, 07 G6, 99 Astro, 16 VW
My son told me mine has that sound, but my hearing is shot in that frequency range so I have never heard it.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:59 PM   #27
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan87mets View Post
i just got my 2013 in early august and i just noticed this sound last week, i guess its a common problem so im gonna take it in this week and get it fixed
Apologies to hear that you're experiencing similar concerns on the 2013 model you recently purchased. Please keep us updated on your dealer visit and let us know if additional assistance is needed.

Sincerely,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 12-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #28
wakespeak

Drives: 2013 2SS LS3/NPP
I have had this with my '13 (heard on setting 1-3). Seems to go away if I run the fan on full blast for several minutes from time to time.
wakespeak is offline   Reply With Quote