Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 07-17-2012, 03:35 PM   #15
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyers View Post
Well I asked the representative on the phone, she went and talked to someone and came back with the answer that they no longer did that. It is not my intention to slam the company or seek special favors from anyone. I would only encourage AAC to think about the policy and the position it places its customers in. If you are going to stand behind your product and offer a lifetime warranty, I don't understand why you wouldn't allow the customer to buy the replacement and send you back the defective product for a refund, especially when it is 1 of a set of 4 and it has only been in use for a month or so.
I'm guessing you have yet to PM Jonathan?
Old 07-23-2012, 04:53 PM   #16
CyberDan

Drives: 1SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_LoW29 View Post
I dont think the issue is the warranty I think the issue here is that his experience with multiple sets failing and paying multiple shipping fees outweighs the benefit of having a lifetime warranty. I dont know about anyone else but I dont want to have another part on my car that requires me to constantly check and maintain.
Couldn't agree more with this post... A turd in a box labeled.."guarantee"
CAI Cold Air Intake, VMax CNC TB, Borla Sport Catback Exhaust, EE Oil Catch Can, Eibach Sway Bars and Drop Springs, AAC concept side markers, stealth signal bulbs, Heritage grille, Sparks Restorations front and rear modern SS emblems
CyberDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:36 PM   #17
infernostripes!

Drives: 2010 1ssrs
Aac lights have never failed at failing me I returned 2 scanners and each one of thier LEDs went out! My 3rd set even went out but screw paying the shipping back a 3rd time!! And then I ordered footwell lights and LEDs were out on each strip! Soo frustrating when your paying like 70$ for lights.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:01 PM   #18
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffanie@AACstyle.com View Post
I am sorry that you had an issue with the sidemarker.

We do offer a lifetime warranty on all of our products and we are happy to get this exchanged for you. I believe the rep you spoke with has already emailed you the warranty form so we can get it taken care of you.

Boy if that isnt a BS Business response.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:50 PM   #19
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIPE View Post
Boy if that isnt a BS Business response.
Why? Aftermarket parts fail. So do stock parts. In both situations, you have a warranty. Although your factory warranty expires. The dealer won't reimburse your gas to drive your car to the dealership for warranty work, just like most companies won't pay your return shipping for an exchange. What more do you want from a company that says "If it breaks, we will replace the part for free... no deductible... for like... ever".

I bet if the owner kept getting crap parts, and talked to Jonathan, he could arrange a refund for them like you would a lemon. There are lots of people using these sidemarkers, and many of them haven't had any problems at all. Bad luck doesn't always mean crappy product.
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:34 AM   #20
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
Why? Aftermarket parts fail. So do stock parts. In both situations, you have a warranty. Although your factory warranty expires. The dealer won't reimburse your gas to drive your car to the dealership for warranty work, just like most companies won't pay your return shipping for an exchange. What more do you want from a company that says "If it breaks, we will replace the part for free... no deductible... for like... ever".

I bet if the owner kept getting crap parts, and talked to Jonathan, he could arrange a refund for them like you would a lemon. There are lots of people using these sidemarkers, and many of them haven't had any problems at all. Bad luck doesn't always mean crappy product.
And I am sure AAC would reimburse the price for the product and all the shipping the person has paid right?
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:30 AM   #21
The Stig

Quote:
And I am sure AAC would reimburse the price for the product and all the shipping the person has paid right?
Right, because the dealer reimburses you for the gas you used driving to them.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:52 AM   #22
c_LoW29

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Maybe they would dealers give out gas cards all the time AAC on the other hand is plain out saying we do not.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:39 AM   #23
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
Quote:
gotten a many gas vouchers and free oil changes due to dealer screw ups. its still a pain when things go bad so quickly but the vouchers do ease my pain for the most part. there is a 2012 SS at some of our shows who has recently AAC'ed the car and the rear passenger side marker has lights out in it already too
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:00 AM   #24
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
The product... I bet if you pushed the issue, yes. That's good business. The shipping, probably not. How many aftermarket part companies do YOU know that pay for return shipping for a warranty replacement? ""

Quote:
Maybe they would dealers give out gas cards all the time AAC on the other hand is plain out saying we do not.
Well I want your dealership. I've NEVER gotten a gas card for any warranty work. Chevy, Ford, or Subaru. Nor do I personally know anyone that has recieved that service. But yes, I suppose that's "all the time".
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:24 AM   #25
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by joes407 View Post
gotten a many gas vouchers and free oil changes due to dealer screw ups. its still a pain when things go bad so quickly but the vouchers do ease my pain for the most part. there is a 2012 SS at some of our shows who has recently AAC'ed the car and the rear passenger side marker has lights out in it already too
I didn't ask about when the dealer screwed up. I'm talking about normal warranty work. You bring your car in, they find a TSB, and fix it while you wait. Do they give you gas vouchers when this happens?
Old 07-25-2012, 12:02 PM   #26
c_LoW29

Quote:
I didn't ask about when the dealer screwed up. I'm talking about normal warranty work. You bring your car in, they find a TSB, and fix it while you wait. Do they give you gas vouchers when this happens?
If I go back to the dealer to fix the same issue multiple times your damn right i will raise a fuss and there will be compensation of some sort. I out of everybody would know I traded in my v6 manual because of 3 transmission failures and will just say I got a lot more than gas cards from GM before trading it in.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:05 PM   #27
c_LoW29

Quote:
So after multiple issues with a product you still consider it "normal" warranty work? If so then you get taken advantage of a lot.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:02 AM   #28
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post

Sure I agree things fail, Not disagreeing with you. However if the same exact thing fails on 2 different vehicles within a time span of what the OP has stated then yes there is a QC problem. If a part is the result of defect then damn right they should pay to ship there own defective product back, and pay to ship out a new one.