Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England

Old 11-19-2015, 10:12 PM   #1
NGC660

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS
New idea to keep meets going through the winter

Hey everyone! I'm relatively new here and haven't gotten around to really going to any of the meets people try to set up but i have a pretty cool idea for a meet that we could do no matter the weather (well almost...new england winters can be a bitch).

I know "New England" is kind of a broad area and people come from all over the north east but maybe we could set up a race day at F1 boston or any of the other local indoor go-kart tracks. If we get enough people we could rent out the track for an hour or two or maybe just go as a small group for a couple races. I haven't looked into the group prices yet just wanting to see if there is a general interest in doing something like this.

The local indoor tracks i know of are:
F1 boston which is located in braintree, ma (just south of boston)
k1 speed in kingston, ma (electric carts, not as fun but cheaper.)
Checkered flag in haverhill, MA

if anyone else knows of anywhere else feel free to suggest it.

i know some places like k1 have racing leagues so we could even get a small team together and join one of the leagues if there was enough interest. they are usually one race a week over a few months.

let me know what you guys think!
NGC660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 12:48 PM   #2
JB12ZL1

Drives: victory red Camaro ZL1
Sounds like a cool idea...they just opened a K1 in wilmington ma. Welcome to camaro5.
JB12ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 01:08 PM   #3
NGC660

I've been to the k1 in Kingston. It's pretty fun when everyone knows what they're doing and actually race the clock not each other. the one in Kingston is in a mall right next to a movie theater and the food court too. Where's the one in Wilmington? And anyone else have any other ideas for the winter? Maybe a ski/snowboard meet?
Old 12-29-2015, 01:31 PM   #4
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
We'd need a decent turnout to do this one most meets are simple get togethers after car show season ends. Alot of members go into hibernation or credit card bill payoff mode in the winter preparing for the next summer of fun. I myself wouldn't mind doing it if it's planned out well enough i have alot of other projects on my mind atm to be organizing much of anything else til the late spring/summer weather returns.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 02:08 PM   #5
NGC660

That's completely understandable. I should probably be saving for my cam install but it's good to have a little fun every once in a while :P

If there is any interest though I can try to set something up. I think around 10 people would be good for a few races at k1 or something. That could
Include friends/family of course. And if there's interest I'll try to find a middle location for everyone so no one has to drive too far.