Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 05-12-2014, 07:38 AM   #1
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
What the Heck Is Going On With Deliveries?

Someone reading this knows the answer.

What the hell is holding up transportation/deliveries? My car (138) is entering it's third week of sitting on the lot in Oshawa since being built.

SHIP MY FREAKIN CAR ALREADY!

I know it's still up there because the Onstar won't activate or locate the car because the service doesn't work in Canada (or so the they tell me)

Track season is wasting away

Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:40 AM   #2
LehmanZ06

Drives: Z28 want
I just got #27 Saturday in South Florida.

I think the hold up is getting the truck transport to your part of the country.

Maybe another 2 or 3 weeks to deliver the first 200 cars ??
LehmanZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:04 AM   #3
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Been 4B00 since 5/7......

Great things come to those who wait I'm told.

Good luck!
Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:21 AM   #4
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Drives: GM Toyz
The majority of us who have our cars went thru this. Mine was built on 3/26 and I didn't get it until 5/5! It was #5 as well.

These cars are being delivered via direct truck, and NOT train. So they have to wait until they have a group of cars going in your direction. Most of the double digit VINs haven't even been delivered yet, so it could be a little longer for you. I would say end of May or first of June, but that is just a guess.

Trust me, it's worth waiting for

Mine came via Pilot Truck Transport. Very nice truck. MUCH better than rail.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:23 AM   #5
mhoskins76
HTWEELZ

Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post

What the hell is holding up transportation/deliveries? My car (138) is entering it's third week of sitting on the lot in Oshawa since being built.

I know it's still up there because the Onstar won't activate or locate the car because the service doesn't work in Canada (or so the they tell me)

Onstar works just fine for us in Canada.
DELIVERED APRIL 22nd, 2013 and enjoying every minute since!

Mods:
Cold Air Inductions CAI, CNC Ported Throttle Body, Elite Engineering Oil Catch Can, Smoked Spyder LED Tail Lights, 12" JBL Sub, JBL Amp, Stealth Sub Box, American Racing LT headers and hi-flo cats, Tuned by Davenport, Custom painted interior pieces, Custom painted hood liner and trunk liner, Niche Targa M-130 wheels, LED side markers
mhoskins76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:31 AM   #6
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoskins76 View Post
Onstar works just fine for us in Canada.
My Onstar was activated by my dealer and I paid the $3.95 for Onstar Family Link which seems to be the only way to track the car from the OnStar website. It won't find the car and the OnStar rep told me that was because it was in Canada.

If someone knows fact from fiction please enlighten me

Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:34 AM   #7
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350 HRSS View Post
...These cars are being delivered via direct truck, and NOT train. So they have to wait until they have a group of cars going in your direction...

Even though the waiting is the hardest part (just ask Tom), I'd rather have my car delivered by truck in two weeks than by train tomorrow. There's just too many chances for damage shipping a car like this by rail.

My only disappointment is that Chevy should have known this from the get-go, and had everything ready for truck delivery. That said, congrats to them for making a hard choice -- it costs them more to ship by truck, and they knew they'd risk pissing us off by having the cars delivered later.

I console myself by repeating the following mantra, over and over: "It will be mine -- oh yes! It will be mine!"...

Old 05-12-2014, 10:06 AM   #8
Skylane765

Drives: ZL1-1LE, Z/28
Chevy should let people know a ETA, no "soon" not "be there in no time " not " before you know it". It fine if it going to be a week days or months, but unacceptable to just say it will get there when it gets there. Poor communication. Give owners a date. Also cars are delivered to dealers that are not sold! For premium cars there should be a rep to let owners know the REAL story of what stage the car is!
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:07 AM   #9
mhoskins76
HTWEELZ

Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
My Onstar was activated by my dealer and I paid the $3.95 for Onstar Family Link which seems to be the only way to track the car from the OnStar website. It won't find the car and the OnStar rep told me that was because it was in Canada.

If someone knows fact from fiction please enlighten me
Maybe it doesn't work for you in Canada because you are based out of the USA...which I find odd because that means if you travel here it won't work. I thought that it was a satellite based system, so borders should not make a difference.
DELIVERED APRIL 22nd, 2013 and enjoying every minute since!

Mods:
Cold Air Inductions CAI, CNC Ported Throttle Body, Elite Engineering Oil Catch Can, Smoked Spyder LED Tail Lights, 12" JBL Sub, JBL Amp, Stealth Sub Box, American Racing LT headers and hi-flo cats, Tuned by Davenport, Custom painted interior pieces, Custom painted hood liner and trunk liner, Niche Targa M-130 wheels, LED side markers
mhoskins76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:14 AM   #10
Skylane765

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350 HRSS View Post
The majority of us who have our cars went thru this. Mine was built on 3/26 and I didn't get it until 5/5! It was #5 as well.

These cars are being delivered via direct truck, and NOT train. So they have to wait until they have a group of cars going in your direction. Most of the double digit VINs haven't even been delivered yet, so it could be a little longer for you. I would say end of May or first of June, but that is just a guess.

No, it not worth waiting for, rail works fine, they get high end cars delivered all the time and no damage. All ZL1s were delivered by rail, now all of a sudden it's worth waiting for on a truck? No, they will not go on a rail so truck is the way now. Now GM is shipping by truck because not to damage them? So that idea all other Camaro's are not good enough and ok to damage?
Trust me! It's not worth waiting for if they can not give a ETA. Easy for some one to say when they have their car, I have my car also but still say not right to wait like this for it.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:18 AM   #11
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylane765 View Post
Chevy should let people know a ETA, no "soon" not "be there in no time " not " before you know it". It fine if it going to be a week days or months, but unacceptable to just say it will get there when it gets there. Poor communication. Give owners a date. Also cars are delivered to dealers that are not sold! For premium cars there should be a rep to let owners know the REAL story of what stage the car is!
I do agree with you there and what we have here is a failure to communicate. Knowledge is power, and not knowing leads to frustration and speculation. To me, the first rule of customer service is: NEVER over-promise and under-deliver!

I travel a great deal and am back and forth between Austin and NorCal. I'm trying to plan around my Z/28 delivery and am pulling my hair out (at least there wasn't a lot to start with) trying to work a jigsaw puzzle with several missing pieces. Not fun at all, but it doesn't feel like there's much I can do.

A Z/28 "concierge" would be a huge help on this. Make them accessible only to those with a confirmed VIN, and have them email us status reports every day. Better yet, have these include an ETA, even if it changes, based on the best data available.

If that's too hard, have a single person at a desk with access to the GM computers and a phone. Put them to work for customers, as the best we are getting from dealers is, "I don't know what is going on"...
Old 05-12-2014, 10:20 AM   #12

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:

....Bring it down to SoCal....track it all winter-long...lol...(In fact, I've got a garage to keep it in)....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:23 AM   #13
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
....Bring it down to SoCal....track it all winter-long...lol...(In fact, I've got a garage to keep it in)....
Once again, the self-sacrifice and giving nature of this forum continues to amaze...
Old 05-12-2014, 10:27 AM   #14
Skylane765

I have written GM a letter about this, this is not the way to do business, I know, if I did this in my business it would not be one! GM should be ashamed. Just like the way the government does things.