Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 12-30-2008, 08:24 AM   #1
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Big Trouble in Japan

Some great articles describing all sorts of auto industry problems for Japan. The latest was interesting... it seems the Japanese youth no longer view car ownership as a status symbol and think it's more trouble than it is worth. Sales are taking a plunge.

What this means for us I can't say, but it shows the imports that the media has been sucking up to during the crisis in Detroit are not doing as well as the media would have you believe.

http://newshopper.sulekha.com/listin...20KAGEYAMA.htm
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:45 AM   #2
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I don't have the time to read them all, but the headlines seem to tell the story well enough
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:07 PM   #3
Nickdago

Drives: 01 Z06 08 CTS 07 Avy LTZ
They are just now starting to talk about the trouble the Japanese auto makers are having on CNBC and Bloomberg. So maybe people will begin to realize this is a bigger problem than just the Big 3.

I found it interesting that the Japanese people are finding the auto to no longer have appeal and to see it as more of a problem. Makes you wonder it it is more because of the boring cars they have to chose from.

I mean really, do people with Honda Civics and Toyota Camry's look in the garage and go WOW, I think I will jump in the car and take a drive, not hardly.

How about people with corvettes and mustangs and challengers and vipers and camaros and etc etc etc etc look in the garage and go I cna't wait to take my baby out for a drive, you bet.

At least half of Americans really appreciate their cars, they are more than just a daily commuter to and fro.

Thank God for American Cars!!!
Nickdago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:44 PM   #4
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
^^ and the freedom of American driving & automotive laws. in Japan, they're a lot more strict about what you can do to vehicles, how fast you can drive, how many miles you can put on it, etc.
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote