Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-23-2009, 12:16 PM   #15
35th02ss

Drives: 02 SS
No I doubt it. The shark fin is there. Now GM or an aftermarket company might come out with a cover to match your car.
35th02ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:46 PM   #16
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Not even for a fleet - - there is no delete option.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:28 PM   #17
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Well, I guess that means I'll be contacting by local body shop very shortly after I buy the car. Since paint fades over time becomes more and more difficult to blend a color the older a car gets - when it's new, you should just be able to patch the hole, paint, clearcoat, and be done.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:49 PM   #18
99b4c

Drives: 89 RS/99 GTP/1SS soon
Its cheaper, its how the Japanese and Germans do it. Those holding their breath for Onstar/XM delete are going to pass out and die.[/QUOTE]

They should have no options, take it or leave it. Might work for GM, give the customer what they want with Japanese and German influence.
99b4c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:58 PM   #19
99b4c

Drives: 89 RS/99 GTP/1SS soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Not even for a fleet - - there is no delete option.
Thanks Scotty, hope we see a delete code on the future 5th gens. I just dont see the reasoning behind making a "service" standard built into the car, not everyone wants Onstar service like A/C and power windows.

Now I can wait for a used 1SS since I cant order the car the way I want it.
99b4c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:56 PM   #20
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99b4c View Post
Thanks Scotty, hope we see a delete code on the future 5th gens. I just dont see the reasoning behind making a "service" standard built into the car, not everyone wants Onstar service like A/C and power windows.

Now I can wait for a used 1SS since I cant order the car the way I want it.

OnStar is a marketing scheme designed to make more money for GM, that's all it is.

Within a month after I buy my 1SS, the sharkfin is comming off and the hole sealed, and the rear view mirror is getting removed for an auto dimming with built in homelink. Since neither of those come with the 1SS, I'll kill 3 birds with one stone: get rid of the mirror with onstar buttons, get the auto dim function, and get the Homelink.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:03 AM   #21
Shaggy
2010 Maro owner

Drives: 2006 Chevy Truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin Thunder View Post
Isnt the shark fin a quad band antenna, meaning it not only picks up onstar and XM it gets the regualr am/fm signal too??? I know my Yukon and corvette are like that. I have this little antenna over my head in the yukon (black and ugly) and this body color antenna on the trunk of the corvette.
In your yukon, your radio antenna is in the rear right glass. You can see the wires in the glass..
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 05:39 AM   #22
Boogie832
12-08-08 Arrived 06-02-09

Drives: 1967 Camaro Richmond5-speed
I've heard stories where police had the onstar system activated to trace the whereabouts of someone. Now, those someone's may or may have not have created a crime. Might just be other reasons. I bet too that the person with the car never thought about being traced due to onstar which they weren't using or paying for. My point is for all of you (and me) buying this car (or any other car with onstar), if anything, ANYTHING, down lifes road happens to happen..... on well....you will be traced down, hunted down and found. Not everyone that decides to disapear is a criminal! Maybe, before you decide to run, maybe take a hammer to the anntena and hope signal doesn't still get out. On another note: that system might just save your life one day! Think about it!! I'm keeping mine!

Ordered 2SS/RS IOM,12/08/08.
Arrived at Dealer 06-02-09
Brought Home! 06-09-09
Boogie832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 06:08 AM   #23
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogie832 View Post
I've heard stories where police had the onstar system activated to trace the whereabouts of someone. Now, those someone's may or may have not have created a crime. Might just be other reasons. I bet too that the person with the car never thought about being traced due to onstar which they weren't using or paying for. My point is for all of you (and me) buying this car (or any other car with onstar), if anything, ANYTHING, down lifes road happens to happen..... on well....you will be traced down, hunted down and found. Not everyone that decides to disapear is a criminal! Maybe, before you decide to run, maybe take a hammer to the anntena and hope signal doesn't still get out. On another note: that system might just save your life one day! Think about it!! I'm keeping mine!
I'm cutting my antenna off and having a reputable body shop weld in a piece of steel in the hole, and then smooth, paint, and finish it so you could never tell there was anything there.

I'm also removing the stock rear view mirror with all the onstar buttons and installing an auto dimming mirror with homelink built in (since I'm getting a 1SS).
Old 03-27-2009, 06:36 AM   #24
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by interrex View Post
XM has turned into a right wing left wing yell fest. The "rock" stations are not worth the money. AND THEY HAVE COMMERCIALS YOU PAY FOR.
Umm... I listen to all the music stations which have no commercials, Howard Stern does have commercials because thats the only way he can pull off a 4 hour + show and they can afford to have him there, they are very short anyway. I don't know what you are listening to....
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 06:38 AM   #25
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogie832 View Post
Id hope none of us get into that situation, however a Coffee can can easily disable your Onstar antenna. Literally, put a Coffee can over it and you're good to go.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:15 AM   #26
Embalmer
2G1FT1EWXA9103351

Drives: 2SS RS, SIM, 6pd, 20"Alum
I think the shark fin actually looks cool

Oh and I couldn't live without satellite radio!!
Embalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:21 AM   #27
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embalmer View Post

I really wish GM offered more cars with digital tuners (HD radio, but it's not really high definition). That's free, uses the regular old fashioned antenna, and you get a few more "secret" channels, like you do now with digital TV.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:32 AM   #28
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Embalmer View Post

I knew there were more like me on both the shark fin (AWESOME) and Satellite radio (EVEN MORE AWESOME).

I think it's silly to not order a car cuz of a shark fin but I read the new policy for the forums on insulting so I will say no more on my true thoughts.

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote