Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-05-2013, 02:01 AM   #1
timtoolman24

Drives: 2012 LS3 2SS/RS
Pedders track 2 XA or PFADT camaro road racing kit stage 5?????

Which kit to go with? Both are around the same price. I'm looking for a track handling race car and occasional drag. It is driven on the streets also. Dont know to much about our suspension just looking for best setup for my car. Thanks
Old 06-05-2013, 03:08 AM   #2
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
k and w variant coilovers and whatever brand you mix and match foe the rest
Old 06-05-2013, 06:17 AM   #3
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtoolman24 View Post
Which kit to go with? Both are around the same price. I'm looking for a track handling race car and occasional drag. It is driven on the streets also. Dont know to much about our suspension just looking for best setup for my car. Thanks
I can't comment on the Pedders set up but I can tell you the Pfadt Stage 5 is incredible. It is not a collection of random individually designed parts, they have taken the black magics of science and math and used them to engineer a killer catalog of parts for these cars that are all optimized to work together. It will work exceedingly well for the kind of use you are describing. If you are looking for "the best", that would be it.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:09 AM   #4
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Pedders Track 2 XA supercars! I love this setup. I know a huge amount of R & D went into this system. Tough decision!!!! Do the 305s on all 4 corners while ur at it.
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #5
Bruce@raymondsperformance

Drives: 2014 Z28 camaro
We have installed both brands and both kits are very good.We ran the Pedders set up on our Camaro and the Lignenfelter L28 Camaro last year for the Optima events and they performed very well.I don't think you can go wrong with either brand.
Bruce@raymondsperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:07 PM   #6
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
there you go op both great products with great vendors and great customer service
Old 06-07-2013, 05:03 PM   #7
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Give both of us a call. Everyone has a different driving style and different needs. Just ask for eric, I'm always open to just chat about cars 888-972-2464
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:13 PM   #8
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
When we came out with the 305/30/19 wheel and tire fitment, some considered it too radical to succeed. They even laughed at our development Camaro as we shared all our information with the Camaro5 community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post

Bring it out to Miller Motorsports Park for NASA Nationals and we'll run you in our ST1 Z06. The engine is basically stock aside from Headers, Intake and Exhaust. It would be interesting to say the least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
Unless your sway bar package was designed to get the largest possible tire under the front and rear without rubbing. I think the optimal tire size is going to be 275-295 front and 305-315 rear.

Kind regards,
Now the 2014 Z/28 is running Pedders 305/30/19s fitment

Back in 2009 Pedders ran a solid 27mm front sway bar. The 2013 1LE is introduced with a 27mm solid front sway bar. The rear is still only 28mm, but the Camaro TEAM had to leave something on the table for Pedders

Pedders writes a a Book on 5th Gen Camaros. The next thing you know the OE sub-frame bushes get upgraded. Pedders still advocates sub-frame bush upgrades and the ZL1 comes with new and improved sub-frame bushes. We still advocate sub-frame bush up-grades. Watch for another improvement sub-frame bushes with the Z/28.

In January of 2010 Pedders installed and tested CTS-V front brake calipers and rotors on the Pedders USA Camaro. In 2012 GM introduced the ZL1 with... wait for it... CTS-V brakes.

As you can see, Pedders has been a step ahead on the development of fast 5th Gens. We have run in the OPTIMA Invitational since 2009. There has never been a current generation Camaro, Mustang or Challenger with a faster road course time. We'll be back again this year. Any suspension company that wants to be known as fast will have another opportunity to beat Pedders. This is Déjà vu all over again. I said the same thing last year and the year before, and...

The Book

Pedders 2010 Chevrolet Camaro Suspension Evaluation

Foundational 5th Gen Required Upgrades

Lowering Coils and Coilovers

Trouble Free, OEM Quiet V6 Lowering

Sway Bars

Suspension Bushes

ZL1 / CTS-V Brake Upgrade for the SS

Wheels and Tires

Bush Timing, Alignment and Torque Specs

Pedders USA Camaro 2.0

Lingenfelter L/28 Tech

5th Gen Wheel Hop and Drag Race Setup

Thermal Management

Running Changes Made to the 5th Gen by Chevrolet

Public Track Test #1

Public Track Test #2 Camaro vs. Mustang Supercar Shootout

2013 Strut Mounts, Pedders Coilover Pre-Compression and Ride Height Settings

Caution: Test driving any Pedderised vehicle can be dangerous. Pedderised vehicles have been known to induce suspension envy and sleepless nights filled with longing. Before test-driving any Pedderised vehicle, check with your banking and accounting professionals. Pedderised vehicles are known to induce credit card bills and reduced bank balances. There is no antidote. Only genuine Pedders can cure Suspension Envy.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #9
IPT

Drives: '02 Trailblazer, '12 Camaro 2SS/RS
I just had the Pedders Pace Car package installed and I am loving it. It transformed the car. Not sure how it compares part to part with the Pedders system you're looking at but in addition to the parts and performance the customer support from Pete and Pedders was amazing. Can't go wrong with Pedders!
IPT is offline   Reply With Quote