Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 01-11-2014, 10:49 AM   #1
Boosted Sprayed V6

Drives: 2012 camaro 2LS
Slipping clutch in my turbo v6? Help! Lol

Hey everyone so I'm back with yet another issue with my car. So I have a spec stage two clutch and aluminum flywheel in my car and lately when the car is cold the clutch engages super late and slips just a bit under moderate to heavy acceleration, at least that's how it feels. Now here is the strange part, once the car heats up it grabs much earlier in the pedal range and won't slip even under full boost and a little nitrous? The shop I have it at seems stumped, but wants to take the trans off and look at it, but I'm am worth of afraid they are just hunting around not really knowing what they are looking for? Their a great shop but I don't want to waste the money if I don't have to. Any ideas anyone
Boosted Sprayed V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:46 PM   #2
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 SS
What's the condition of the fluid and when is the last time they serviced that?

Also, during normal driving does the engagement point differ with heat?

Give me some more info and I'll help if I can.
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:49 PM   #3
Boosted Sprayed V6

Drives: 2012 camaro 2LS
Just bled the hell out of it and the fluid looked good. The bleeding didn't help by the way. And yes it varies greatly with heat, once the car is hot or I guess the clutch is warm it grabs great, even under full boost and a small nitrous shot. Yet when the clutch is cold it is almost useless. I'm beginning to worry that I've burned or glazed the clutch. Although I have never smelled any burning from it or felt any slippage until lately. I'd really rather not have to pull the trans off it if that's avoidable, but if not I can do it. Thanks in advance for any help!
Boosted Sprayed V6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clutch, slipping, spec