Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 08:34 AM   #57
camarosc35

Drives: 1989 Camaro RS (435+hp, 435 lb./ft)
I like the concept's headlights, not what I see for production, they kill the whole look of the front grille. I wish the single-headlight design is at least offered as an option and, of course, a hideaway version would be nice, too.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:51 AM   #58
GreySteele06

Drives: A pair of tan boots-back in09
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarosc35 View Post
I like the concept's headlights, not what I see for production, they kill the whole look of the front grille. I wish the single-headlight design is at least offered as an option and, of course, a hideaway version would be nice, too.
Please tell me you are kidding...............

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
-George Orwell
Old 05-22-2008, 09:10 AM   #59
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreySteele06 View Post
Please tell me you are kidding...............
We gotta be nice. Camarosc35, those headlights that you see in the spy shots, are not going into production. The design for the headlights and brake lights take a long time so they dont bother to put them on the test cars. :notheadlights:

Old 05-22-2008, 09:21 AM   #60
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
WTF happened to the rope?!

These shots are great, like everyone has already said.

As far as judging the rigidity of a car by images, I can't say that I agree by a couple images alone. Manufacturers are using more and more high strength low alloy steels and hydroformed sheetmetal panels that offer less weight and mass, yet offer higher strength. I'd be interested in learning how strong this body is relative to the older model, and even some of the newer cars that are out there.

I noticed te quarter glass opening too. I thought it was small, but who really is going to be looking out that thing? I hope that GM will offer privacy glass as an option so that I won't have to add tinting to all the glass in the car. I think it would (obviously) help hide how small a viewable opening that actually is.

MORE PICs MORE PICs MORE PICs!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 05-22-2008, 09:42 AM   #61
BMC Performance

Drives: 850+hp Mustang; 620+hp Chally
These are great to see!! I'm a Mustang girl but as soon as I saw the Camaro concept, I wanted one. We'll definitely be getting one and building it up into a beast!! Thanks for the pics!! This is exciting!
Old 05-22-2008, 09:43 AM   #62
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
WTF happened to the rope?!
Haha! Best post yet.

I have seriously considered making the aftermarket "rope" for sale. Of course, 9/10 folks on the streets won't have a clue why a rope is hanging from the business end of your Camaro, but the 1/10 that will get it will love it.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:07 AM   #63
35th02ss

Drives: 02 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarosc35 View Post
No hideaways......Cost and warrenty would be to great.......
Old 05-22-2008, 10:34 AM   #64
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Interesting pics, just like with the Challenger a year ago. Looks like everything is on schedule.

I wonder about the trunk. Does it seem big enough and deep enough? Hard to tell from the pictures.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:34 AM   #65
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35th02ss View Post
No hideaways......Cost and warrenty would be to great.......
Maybe they left them to the aftermarket?
Old 05-22-2008, 10:55 AM   #66
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
I don't see anything out of the ordinary that would get a man fired other than bringing a camera to work. Haven't they been welding body in white with robots for a lot of years now? And the body itself doesn't give much away, you see the same thing at your local body shop, except it's the new Camaro.
They can bend one panel only so far, so the quarter panels, roof, rockers, floor pan etc. are all welded together...Altho I don't see a joint at the...Nevermind. Nice pics thanks.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:04 AM   #67
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Maybe they left them to the aftermarket?
I have a feeling halos will be part of the headlamp package, and if they make the halos the DRLs (which would look absolutely killer), you would pretty much have to have the headlamp assembly exposed all the time.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:39 AM   #68
80Zedder
Cheif Pounderhard

Drives: 80camaro/Avalanche/srt8charger
See problem being, is that you cannot take any pics of anything inside the plant for any reason. That is grounds for termination on the spot. While it does happen for various reasons. Taking pictures of a brand new assembly linr, a brand new vehicle that isent finished yet and brand new robots, can kinda give the competiton a early heads up.

It would be like me taking a pic of your girlfriends ass when you werent looking and posting it on the internet for all to see.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:39 AM   #69
Cyberstyx

Drives: Seat Leon 1.8 20VT
Send a message via MSN to Cyberstyx
Like FBod had said in another thread, they don't like spy pix because the cars are not finished yet and such a pic may put off someone that doesn't like something on the car, although the car has tons of stuff missing/temporary (call me "headlights" lol).

I don't think those pix dmg GM in that way, can't see what someone could notice on a plain chasis that would make him not get the Camaro...

Thx for the pix though! It does give us something new to talk about while we w8, and it does remind us that the Camaro is progressing rapidly.

Next spy pix: An artist scetching on a paper the HEADLIGHTS!! lol
Old 05-22-2008, 11:49 AM   #70
Sphinx002

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80Zedder View Post
It would be like me taking a pic of your girlfriends ass when you werent looking and posting it on the internet for all to see.
If her ass is nice enough that you want to sneak pictures of it....good for me!

Closed Thread