Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 08-31-2015, 11:44 AM   #1
steveww
RUSH TWO

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS
Cincinnati Need help with header install

Hello, I need some help with header install
I have all the tools and feel Like I can do this with no problem except no way to raise up car 2 feet as everyone says.

I had a pit at work that cannot be used now!

I just invested $85.00 in tools including a torque wrench and O2 wrench ect and was wondering if anyone has either a lift, 2 foot floor jacks or a pit that they would not mind sharing to help a fellow Camaro guy out.

I know this is asking a lot but thought what do I have to lose

thanks
Steve

Window tint, Clear bra, 1 7/8 Headers with Hi-flow cats, ADM Performance-CAI, Slotted/Drilled Rotors with Ceramic carbon fiber pads. Painted Calipers, Drag wheels, Outlaw Catback Quad tips, CFD Shifter with Leather boot upgrade, LSA Supercharger, AEM AFR Gauge
steveww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 09:25 AM   #2
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
I just installed headers on my 13 and it was a PIA but well worth it. Just make sure you have tall enough jack stands and a whole lot of patience. It took me the weekend to do it because I only had one set of floor jacks. I had erverything removed and headers in place without the extra set of stands. My buddy came by the next day to help me finish the rest. Also check out the v8 and the DIY sections, there is information on what worked for people who installed their own.
Old 09-11-2015, 10:28 AM   #3
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
If you can hold off until Monday or Tuesday, I'll drive up and lend a hand. Several people have said they just used ramps. I can bring a set.
Old 09-13-2015, 11:09 AM   #4
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
you dont need 24" of clearance. I did mine on race ramps and used my low profile jack. Maybe got it 18-20" and it was fine.
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 11:14 AM   #5
steveww
RUSH TWO

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS
Thanks Guys I appreciate the support. I was off work last week and did not check this site. I actually got them done. used 3 ton Floor jack and 2 6 ton Jack stands that went over 20" everything went ok. It was a PIA though. I had some help from below. I could not have done this SOLO.. Car sounds and runs great. ..

thanks again

Window tint, Clear bra, 1 7/8 Headers with Hi-flow cats, ADM Performance-CAI, Slotted/Drilled Rotors with Ceramic carbon fiber pads. Painted Calipers, Drag wheels, Outlaw Catback Quad tips, CFD Shifter with Leather boot upgrade, LSA Supercharger, AEM AFR Gauge
steveww is offline   Reply With Quote