Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 08:59 PM   #15
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2001 Maxima
You shouldve bought a Prius.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:59 PM   #16
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
i quit eating McDonald's long before Supersize Me
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
Old 05-24-2010, 09:00 PM   #17
Inferno2SS

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Maybe you should trade it in for a nice skirt or something.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:01 PM   #18
dave7378

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS IBM L99
Somewhere there is a tree longing to be hugged. Go find it.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:01 PM   #19
steeleshark2

Drives: 2010 Transformer 1SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Muchmark View Post
Hey all,

You may hate this thread, but I'm starting to HATE my Camaro!

Yes of course its a nice car and fun to drive etc, but I'm starting to hate driving it. Why?

The incredible, huge, ugly, disasterous oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, and our incredible dependancy to oil.

Oil has killed tens of thousands of poeple over the years (rigs, war, pollution) and destroyed countless animals, birds and fish. It's expensive, it pollutes, its ineffecient, and the US declares BS wars to get it while companies like BP make billions selling it to a nation addicted to it.

I''ve owned 10 Trans Ams and now a Camaro, and I have to tell you I'm feeling pretty GD guilty. GM was on the right track when they came out with the first electric car (the EV1) 10 years ago and thought the car must have sucked since they stopped building it, but then I saw this movie http://www.whokilledtheelectriccar.com/ and it changed my mind.

Sorry Camaro fans, but I'm just not excited about my purchase anymore. I was just looking at http://www.slpcamaro.com and read their super-charger package for $20,000. And for what? To ge a lousy 125 or so extra Horsepower? To burn more gas and oil? WTF!!! Electric can do the job much better, for much less, and without stinking up the planet.

The world is going insane and I unfortunately have contributed to it. I am really hoping that Electric cars finally make their way onto the market soon. I know the Nissan Leaf is around the corner and we can now order cars from Tesla, but we need more - alot more - to break away from the stranglehold that is big oil.

I bought a $40k+ Camaro, and I regret my purchase.
Well, give up on anything plastic, any creams and about everything else you own. A form of the oil is in about everything you buy today!!
Old 05-24-2010, 09:02 PM   #20
10CamaroIOM
Loves All Muscle Cars

Drives: 1997 Silverado Z71
It's always about cars putting too much crap in the air, what about trains? Trucks? Farm equipment? Buses? FACTORIES?? They need to worry about the millions of tons that they put out before worrying about what little cars put out.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:02 PM   #21
SSyanide

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
The spill would've happened even if all of us never even purchased any type of automobile. They'll still have oil rigs and refineries and all the other "bad" things that supposedly are bad for the enviroment even if all cars built are electric or not. Having a Camaro doesn't add to any enviromental problem, but sometimes, while driving, enjoying the landscape fly by and the sound of the motor, you can forget all about all the "bad" things for a little while.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:03 PM   #22
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y
Old 05-24-2010, 09:05 PM   #23
2Muchmark

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark
Hi Punpkin,

I couldn't say, but I'm sure my carbon footprint is pretty big, and you're right, every little bit helps. I think going all-green is impractical and impossible, however, "every little bit helps".

The main purpose of my post was to let people know that I don't get the same joy driving my Camaro as I did last year.

Look at it this way. Even if you don't give a damn about the spill itself, it may very possibly destroye the livelyhood of thousands of people and businesses to depend on the gulf, such as fishing and tourism.

Yes, muscle cars are FUN. We drive them fast and hard, tweak every possible thing we can tweak, spend lots of money on our "babies" and talk endlessly to other enthusiasts, etc. This is all good, except... except... the COST of all of this is much higher than we pay at the dealer...
Old 05-24-2010, 09:05 PM   #24
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
I understand what your saying..but nothing (particularly energy) comes easy and free.

too bad battery tech is actually just as dirty as oil. Uses just as much resources, plus North America doesn't have most of the natural resources needed to support it either,

..not much you can do but demand diverse energy modes of transportation (tri-engines that burn natural gas, gas & ethanol have been long available in other parts of the world.) Quite of few are from Chevy. I'd like to run my 5th gen from natural gas from my house........

Besides, all current "alternatives" to oil (ethanol, solar, wind and battery & hydrogen) all need fossil fuels to actually power the process of creating said "alternatives"
Old 05-24-2010, 09:05 PM   #25
cplhester

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Manual
Watch out for the squirrels they tend to get a little pissy about hippies living in their trees.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:06 PM   #26
dtm4192

Drives: 2002 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berean View Post
Dumbest post I've seen on the forum.

Just get out and enjoy your Camaro. It's not like you will be making that much of a difference by not driving it. If you're really that concerned about it, why don't you go trade it on a Prius
Old 05-24-2010, 09:06 PM   #27
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno2SS View Post
Maybe you should trade it in for a nice skirt or something.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:06 PM   #28
TXCammy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM/Beige/M6
NOTHING could make me hate my Camaro!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
dumbest thread of the year, op needs a vagina transplant